Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2012, 05:38 AM   #2086
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Oddometer: 4,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobmws View Post
High beam and full power are another story entirely. WOW!
Thanks for a great product.
Thanks for the trip report, glad to hear you are happy with the product. You are spot on with the yellow vs white led light. The frequency (color temperature) of the lights approximates the sun around 5500k. Seems the human eyes recognize that frequnecy more readily than others.
sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 03:05 PM   #2087
Weekend Warrior
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinookmark View Post
Weekend warrior,
Nice setup on your tiger. I'm doing the same thing to mine. Where did you mount the dimmer? And how are you wiring it? I was planning on using the oem foglight connector for power and tapping off the highbeam at the large connector behind the steering stem for the purple wire. Is that similar to your setup?

Btw, the Holan crashbars don't cover all the way up the side of the tank, only enough to cover the lower plastic piece, not the upper. And unfortunately, you have to remove them to remove the tank.

I placed the dimmer module at the very back of the bike under the rear rack plastic. There is quite a bit of space back there and much less under the seat so I combined the two lights into 1 cable and took it back to the dimmer. I then came back to a 3 block fuse where I have the lights hooked up as well as the Autocom and Radar detector. I installed a relay also so all are switched as I don't want to drain the battery. Everything works well. As far as the purple wire that needs to go to the high beam I ran a single # 18 AWG wire all the way up to the high/low beam switch on the handlebars and soldered it to the high low beam wire. I think it was green/white but I checked it with a voltmeter while switching the high and low switch to make sure it was the right wire.

Do not connect to the purple wire near the switch under the tank. It is on the wrong side of the high beam relay and causes the lights to be on full power and disables the remote. I tried that and just above the purple wire on the green/white and neither worked. Finally I got pissed off and took the wire to the switch itself. It is hardly noticable if you use black wire and I zip tied it to the heated grip cable and came out the side of the switch housing.

So far so good.. Hope that helps.
Weekend Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 03:35 PM   #2088
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

A quick reminder

The introductory sale on the Model 60 is on till the end of February. Being a leap year you have an extra day

• 3600 lumens
  • Cree XM-L T6 LEDs
  • 2.4 amps (28 watts) @12v
  • aluminum housing
  • Length: 70mm , Diameter 55mm
  • Black durable coating
  • o-ring sealed housing
  • one meter wire lead
  • includes flat mount mounting option - (stainless)
  • shatter resistant lens
  • Sold Individually
If you miss the sale, you can still get 10% off using the inmate code.
Old 02-24-2012, 03:46 PM   #2089
1 lunger
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjoh View Post
A quick reminder

The introductory sale on the Model 60 is on till the end of February. Being a leap year you have an extra day

• 3600 lumens
  • Cree XM-L T6 LEDs
  • 2.4 amps (28 watts) @12v
  • aluminum housing
  • Length: 70mm , Diameter 55mm
  • Black durable coating
  • o-ring sealed housing
  • one meter wire lead
  • includes flat mount mounting option - (stainless)
  • shatter resistant lens
  • Sold Individually
If you miss the sale, you can still get 10% off using the inmate code.
Interested! What's the sale price right now for inmates? PM if you'd like. Thanks

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=41.877197,-72.751055
Life is good!
1 lunger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 04:06 PM   #2090
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 lunger View Post
Interested! What's the sale price right now for inmates? PM if you'd like. Thanks

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=41.877197,-72.751055
Life is good!
$100 with the standard bracket, 110 with the HD bracket.

We have them in stock and ready to ship.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:53 PM   #2091
Burnszilla
BurnsMoto.com

Oddometer: 1,318
I saw another XR650R rider had mounted the LEDs this way. Looked like a good solution so thanks to him. Thanks Sanjoh! When I turn them on in my workshop the fm radio audio goes all fuzzy.

Model 60 LED - XR650R Install

Burnszilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:49 AM   #2092
RoundOz
Plenty of seasoning

Oddometer: 965
Can anyone supply comparative pix of the 44 and 60 lights' beam patterns, preferably against a wall at about 100 ft, preferably with the camera in manual exposure mode, so that no auto adjustment occurs from one image to the next) . I am thinking of the upgrade but I noticed that the images of the beam against the pool fence on the site appear to be the same and have the same file number. I was particularly interested in how the central hotspot compares to the general wash of light around it, as well as the comparative power.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:48 AM   #2093
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnszilla View Post
I saw another XR650R rider had mounted the LEDs this way. Looked like a good solution so thanks to him. Thanks Sanjoh! When I turn them on in my workshop the fm radio audio goes all fuzzy.

Model 60 LED - XR650R Install
Awesome job on the install.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundOz View Post
Can anyone supply comparative pix of the 44 and 60 lights' beam patterns, preferably against a wall at about 100 ft, preferably with the camera in manual exposure mode, so that no auto adjustment occurs from one image to the next) . I am thinking of the upgrade but I noticed that the images of the beam against the pool fence on the site appear to be the same and have the same file number. I was particularly interested in how the central hotspot compares to the general wash of light around it, as well as the comparative power.
The beam pattern on the model 60 is the same as the Model 44, imagine more light everywhere. Where the Model 60 flexs its lumens is distance, every time I turn em on I am amazed.
Old 02-25-2012, 03:30 PM   #2094
redbastard
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,118
new light installed

I installed this 60 series light were my missing HID light had been. It is such a white brilliant light. I can't wait for the sun to go down. Thank you !

redbastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:11 PM   #2095
marcopolos
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
on happy trail nerfbars?

I have the Happy Trail Nerf Bars/skidplate/pegs on my green 08 klr. Does anyone have these lights mounted on the lower screw in the pic or somewhere on the bars? How bout on the lower screw of the actual fairing? I want them away from my blinkers and will probably have them on a switch or dimmer so as not to blind anyone in oncoming traffic off the road. I wouldn't mind mounting these on my jeep rack and getting rid of my huge KCs

(pic is from HT site)

marcopolos screwed with this post 02-25-2012 at 10:59 PM
marcopolos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 05:52 AM   #2096
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbastard View Post
I installed this 60 series light were my missing HID light had been. It is such a white brilliant light. I can't wait for the sun to go down. Thank you !
Thanks, your install looks great! What kind of bike do you have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolos View Post
I have the Happy Trail Nerf Bars/skidplate/pegs on my green 08 klr. Does anyone have these lights mounted on the lower screw in the pic or somewhere on the bars? How bout on the lower screw of the actual fairing? I want them away from my blinkers and will probably have them on a switch or dimmer so as not to blind anyone in oncoming traffic off the road. I wouldn't mind mounting these on my jeep rack and getting rid of my huge KCs
We have a mounting bracket that will work on the HT bars.

Send me an email sandjoh@gmail.com with the year and model of your bike and I wll send some examples of mounting.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:37 AM   #2097
redbastard
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,118
Video test

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XaL6...XXf6zocN9r1nqB

testing my new 60 series down the alley .
redbastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:21 PM   #2098
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbastard View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XaL6...XXf6zocN9r1nqB

testing my new 60 series down the alley .
Nice
Old 02-28-2012, 09:35 AM   #2099
firecat
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Recommendation required!

Hi, new to all this electrical stuff. I have a tiger 800 and want to run some DRL's during the day and full output at night. Can you advise which items I need, re dimmer and lights suitable for road use? Thanks in advance
firecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:22 AM   #2100
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by firecat View Post
Hi, new to all this electrical stuff. I have a tiger 800 and want to run some DRL's during the day and full output at night. Can you advise which items I need, re dimmer and lights suitable for road use? Thanks in advance
The dimmer setup will work great. The light selection is up to you, however you can still get in on the Model 60 sale through tomorrow. Use the "m60sale" promotion code during checkout for $20 off per light. All of our leds use the same housing and mounting system. The model 44 is a fine light with a wide beam which the model 60 improves upon with more lumens. The model 30 is a spot beam, this is commonly used in combination with a wide beam to reduce the chance of blinding oncoming traffic or if you may have a limited amount of stator output available. In addition to the lights, you will need a mounting option and some wire and connectors or soldering is ok also. Please feel free to contact me sandjoh@gmail.com if have any other questions.

Look back a couple of pages for a fine example of an install on a tiger 800.

www.advmonster.com