Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2012, 03:46 PM   #2116
Low594
Adventuring Creep

Oddometer: 1,127
That would be awesome! Whats the cost on it? Will you be making that available to us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjoh View Post
It works great, I've been running one for several thousand miles on the Dirt Ninja.

The "correct" name for the lens is prismatic. Instead of the light coming out in one focused beam, it hits the prisms in the lens and goes everywhere, it is full spread almost 180deg behind the bike. No need to take the light apart, it fits inside the bezel, flat on the existing lens.

No living human will not not see this

Here's a poor pic with brakes off, look closely under the rack, left of center. It's been beat off road and has held up well.

and no thats not a walking bridge
Low594 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 12:38 AM   #2117
marcopolos
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingPig View Post
So I opted to go with Skene Design's dimmer off of the recommendation of another inmate. I saw that they had some fancy alert feature, so I figured I'd spend the $20 to see what it was all about since I got a good enough discount here

My first time using alert feature was when I was sharing lanes through a packed highway ramp (not illegal in California ). I saw a car drift over like they didn't want to let me through. I already flipped the lights to high so people would see me coming up to them, this one guy just didn't care so I thought I'd try out the alert feature and he suddenly started to recorrect his car into his lane position.
......the lights were very noticeable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXQGCo25_jY

very nice! lol do that behind a cop.
marcopolos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 09:04 AM   #2118
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Oddometer: 4,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low594 View Post
That would be awesome! Whats the cost on it? Will you be making that available to us?
Please send me an email sandjoh@gmail.com

Doesn't appear to be much interest in this but I'd be happy to supply you with a couple at a nominal price.
sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 11:00 AM   #2119
marcopolos
Adventurer

Quote:
Thanks, we've worked hard to provide great products at reasonable prices.

With respect to longest throw, the Model 60 has the longest, then Model 44, then the Model 30. While the beam is tighter on the m30, it just can't match the lumen output of the other models.
the pool pix links for the model 60 page, under detailed description, link to model 44 pix on photobucket, and not the 60s.
If we could have true representation of the 60s in the pool since the images are supposed to represent the 60s that would be great.
Old 03-03-2012, 11:21 PM   #2120
RoundOz
Plenty of seasoning

Oddometer: 969
Already answered in post 2108
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolos View Post
the pool pix links for the model 60 page, under detailed description, link to model 44 pix on photobucket, and not the 60s.
If we could have true representation of the 60s in the pool since the images are supposed to represent the 60s that would be great.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:51 AM   #2121
marcopolos
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundOz View Post
Then "Already answered in post 2108" should be put under detailed description of the 60s on the website.

Or better yet, an image of the 60s since it is under Detailed Description of the 60s. People that visit the site and do not know about this forum would not know.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:19 AM   #2122
hoadie72
Adventurer

Oddometer: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundOz View Post
Not really. The beam pattern might be the same or similar, but the throw should be different. And the output is claimed to be brighter.
hoadie72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 03:44 AM   #2123
Bobmws
Curmudgeon At Large

Oddometer: 1,139
Rear brake light

Quote:

Doesn't appear to be much interest in this but I'd be happy to supply you with a couple at a nominal price.
This could work well on my sidecar, match with the "BRAKE! LED" on the bike. Any pics o fit illuminated at night? email sent.
www.earplugco.com
Bobmws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 04:58 AM   #2124
Sunday Rider
Adventurer Wanabe

Oddometer: 707
Quote:

I don't know about that. If it would make the bike and braking more visible I am sure there would be some interest. Never knew such a thing existed outside of changing the whole lens. Any idea of availability and cost?
Old 03-04-2012, 06:26 PM   #2125
ShimrMoon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 331
mounts for my model 30's

I'd like to know if there's anyone out there who could recommend some mounting brackets for my lights on my 2010 BMW1200RT. I want to mount them low on either the forks, brake calipers, or fenders'. So far, I've found only mounts for underneath the mirrors. I've seen the Lumalink products but quite frankly, I think they're over priced.

Thanks

13 BMW GTL, 10 BMW RT, 09 Suz Vstrom 650A,
02 BMW LTc, 92 BMW R100R (wish I still had it)
ShimrMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 06:31 PM   #2126
ShimrMoon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 331
Quote:
Another satisfied customer with model 60s sent us these pictures.

Distance shot

Close up

Stock low beam

Model 60s (neighbors thought the sun came up)
Could you tell me what mounting brackets did they use? This is what I have in mind for my 2010 RT for my 30's

13 BMW GTL, 10 BMW RT, 09 Suz Vstrom 650A,
02 BMW LTc, 92 BMW R100R (wish I still had it)
ShimrMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:58 PM   #2127
RoundOz
Plenty of seasoning

Oddometer: 969
Oops...

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolos View Post
Then "Already answered in post 2108" should be put under detailed description of the 60s on the website.

Or better yet, an image of the 60s since it is under Detailed Description of the 60s. People that visit the site and do not know about this forum would not know.
...I can see my choice of words was poor. Considering I asked the question in the first place I thought it might be obvious that I wanted actual pix of the two beam patterns too. Seemed like the answer from Sanjoh was all we were going to get at this point in time (but maybe if enough extra enquiries surface then the need will be seen for updates). I actually found his answer told me most of what I needed to know, but I would still like to see some real-world images, as I said:

Can anyone supply comparative pix of the 44 and 60 lights' beam patterns, preferably against a wall at about 100 ft, preferably with the camera in manual exposure mode, so that no auto adjustment occurs from one image to the next) . I am thinking of the upgrade but I noticed that the images of the beam against the pool fence on the site appear to be the same and have the same file number. I was particularly interested in how the central hotspot compares to the general wash of light around it, as well as the comparative power.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:28 PM   #2128
n16ht5
ride the night

Oddometer: 2,279
Got my M60 mounted on my WR450F... awesomeness!!

(coupled with my HID, HI setting on my bars)

LO setting (HID only)

OEM WR450F headlight

as you can see the M60 is brighter than my HID... and the HID is VERY BRIGHT! I am very pleased.

It is mounted to my top triple on the fork clamp bolt
n16ht5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:20 AM   #2129
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobmws View Post
This could work well on my sidecar, match with the "BRAKE! LED" on the bike. Any pics o fit illuminated at night? email sent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday Rider View Post
I don't know about that. If it would make the bike and braking more visible I am sure there would be some interest. Never knew such a thing existed outside of changing the whole lens. Any idea of availability and cost?
I'll get some pics up and add the lens to the website. This is a lens overlay, it mounts over the glass lens, inside the inner diameter of the bezel, using your desired method of attachment. I used some silicone, it has worked fine. The prismatic lens with be sold by itself so you can add it to your older model lights or put it on one of our current models.

Thanks for the interest.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:27 AM   #2130
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimrMoon View Post
I'd like to know if there's anyone out there who could recommend some mounting brackets for my lights on my 2010 BMW1200RT. I want to mount them low on either the forks, brake calipers, or fenders'. So far, I've found only mounts for underneath the mirrors. I've seen the Lumalink products but quite frankly, I think they're over priced.

Thanks
I'd recommend using the fender mount just in front of the fork. You will need a longer bolt in the same diameter and pitch as stock and a bushing or standoff that fits inside the fender plastic. Make sure the longer bolt does not protrude into the wheel. The standoff will provide a secure mount for the light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimrMoon View Post
Could you tell me what mounting brackets did they use? This is what I have in mind for my 2010 RT for my 30's
These lights are mounted using the technique I described above. Let me know if you need further clarification.