Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2012, 09:27 PM   #2536
nickgindy
Doing it Wrong

Oddometer: 2,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by trapperj View Post
Hi John,

Is one ST dimmer needed for each light...or will one control a pair?

Sorry if this is s dumb question or has been covered before.
Should control the pair.

2003 Sv650s; 2012 BMW F650GS; 1999 Suzuki Dr 350se; 2009 GSXR 600
http://www.youtube.com/fetuss10
nickgindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:25 AM   #2537
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Oddometer: 4,636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
well bad news. the ST dimmer shit the bed less than 24 hours after installing it. when the bike had power, it would light up full bright (not my setting) and flicker, the "mode" button would get too hot to touch and at one point i thought i saw smoke (i do work at a cigar shop, so it could have been that...) no buttons responded, so i yanked it off and hardwired the light so it was full blast. im going to have to ride like this till i figure something out.
Email sent. Let's not jump to conclusions, have you looked at the wiring? Should not get hot to the touch if you have a fuse on the circuit, you do have a fuse don't you
sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:04 PM   #2538
4th_point
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
sanjoh & harcus,

thinking about the fairing and led set-up you have for my 2001 DR650.

i definitely want to upgrade the light, but am worried about turbulent air from the fairing. i've tried an add-on fairing but only used it for certain conditions. this was ok since i could remove it and still have my stock headlight. the stock headlight mask does surprisingly well at 75 mph when there's no major traffic up ahead but when there's lots of cars and rigs the air gets turbulent.

as you know, airflow is somewhat of a personal thing depending on torso height, helmet (dirt, adv, or street), personal tolerance/expectation, etc. do you have a dummy fairing or a prototype that you'd be willing to demo before we shell out the money for a production set-up? i'd be happy to pay shipping both ways and provide feedback to you guys.

thanks,

jason
1999 KTM LC4-E - gone
1997 KTM RXC/e - gone
4th_point is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:15 PM   #2539
harcus
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th_point View Post
sanjoh & harcus,

thinking about the fairing and led set-up you have for my 2001 DR650.

i definitely want to upgrade the light, but am worried about turbulent air from the fairing. i've tried an add-on fairing but only used it for certain conditions. this was ok since i could remove it and still have my stock headlight. the stock headlight mask does surprisingly well at 75 mph when there's no major traffic up ahead but when there's lots of cars and rigs the air gets turbulent.

as you know, airflow is somewhat of a personal thing depending on torso height, helmet (dirt, adv, or street), personal tolerance/expectation, etc. do you have a dummy fairing or a prototype that you'd be willing to demo before we shell out the money for a production set-up? i'd be happy to pay shipping both ways and provide feedback to you guys.

thanks,

jason
Jason

Two points on the turbulence concern -

1. You have read on this forum others who note that they have experienced no such turbulence - So you have low risk
2. I have a money back policy on our products - If you don't like it for any reason, return it for a full refund. We do ask that it is in an undamaged, unmodified condition. Unless of course, it was somehow faulty,

So, try it. I think you will be suprised how well it works. But if not, ok, just return it.

OK?

Jim

Current rides - '14 KTM 1190 R Adv <2k, '07 990Adv 39k, '12 500EXC 7k, '09 GasGas 300 Raga
harcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:52 AM   #2540
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Another happy customer email

"Just thought I would let you know that I received my lights today that I had ordered from you on July 2, 2012. Boy, 9 days delivery time from Florida to BC, Canada including going through Canada Customs. Thatís impressive.
This is the second set of these lights Iíve ordered from you in the last year and Iím also impressed with how they work.

Iíll be recommending your product & service very highly to any other of my Canadian friends that have interest in led lights.

THANKS !"
Old 07-12-2012, 09:04 PM   #2541
TheVikingRider
mudonmymind

Oddometer: 456
Just mounted a model 30 and 60 to the 640. they are very bright .

I think they'll work monted here, they seem pretty secure

though the 640 has a tendency to shake shit loose.

Old 07-12-2012, 11:10 PM   #2542
millsan1
IBA #49986

Oddometer: 239
Just received a pair of 60s today and first impression is just wow.

I recently installed HID headlights on my C14. Made a big difference. Lots of light and at 4300 very white. Problem is that the high beam leaves a large dim area where the low beams are.

I ordered the 60s and a pair from the other well known vendor here on adv. Both came today so I could compare side by side.

I first plugged in the 60s. Very nice. Lots of light and they filled in the dim area like daylight. Very comparable light temperature to my HID but bluer, I believe they are 5000? But tons of light.

I then hooked up the other vendors lights and they did not add to the light thrown nor did they fill the dim spot. To be fair, my HID are very bright so these lights might be good in another application.

I decided to keep the other set and mount them low, near the calipers, as DRL. They add a little to the light right in front of the bike and are wired to be on with the low beam.

The 60s are mounted under the mirrors and are aimed to fill in the dim area when high beams are on.

I am happy with both purchases, as they are each filling a need. The 60s win, hands down, in the throwing light down the road department. So if you have bright headlights and need some more, I can say the 60s definitely add.

Here are some pics, but this is a hard photo to take, especially with a phone.

No lights

Low beams plus other vendors lights

High beam with 60s

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-13-2012, 03:34 AM   #2543
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by millsan1 View Post
Just received a pair of 60s today and first impression is just wow. I believe they are 5000?
Nice pics for a cell phone

Can you post one up of all the lights mounted?

Color Temp is 5500k.

Thanks
Old 07-13-2012, 04:06 AM   #2544
Ryman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 762

Utards in Baja
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=674444
Ryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:35 AM   #2545
millsan1
IBA #49986

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryman View Post

Look, the C14 is big, but it ain't that big. ;-)
Old 07-13-2012, 10:29 AM   #2546
millsan1
IBA #49986

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-13-2012, 09:36 PM   #2547
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Want the baddest headlamp in camp your friends will curse you when they see the light

The M1 Bike/Head light is on sale. Normally $130, sale price $90.

Includes battery, charger, mount, and light with your choice of bike or head mount. We also have a wiring harness that allows you to hard wire to a 12v source.

Old 07-13-2012, 09:49 PM   #2548
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by millsan1 View Post
Just received a pair of 60s today and first impression is just wow.

I recently installed HID headlights on my C14. Made a big difference. Lots of light and at 4300 very white. Problem is that the high beam leaves a large dim area where the low beams are.

I ordered the 60s and a pair from the other well known vendor here on adv. Both came today so I could compare side by side.

I first plugged in the 60s. Very nice. Lots of light and they filled in the dim area like daylight. Very comparable light temperature to my HID but bluer, I believe they are 5000? But tons of light.

I then hooked up the other vendors lights and they did not add to the light thrown nor did they fill the dim spot. To be fair, my HID are very bright so these lights might be good in another application.

I decided to keep the other set and mount them low, near the calipers, as DRL. They add a little to the light right in front of the bike and are wired to be on with the low beam.

The 60s are mounted under the mirrors and are aimed to fill in the dim area when high beams are on.

I am happy with both purchases, as they are each filling a need. The 60s win, hands down, in the throwing light down the road department. So if you have bright headlights and need some more, I can say the 60s definitely add.
Thanks for the pics and review.

The other vendors lights seem quite expensive as a DRL. I've had calls from several ADVriders asking about my lights as they were disappointed with the other vendors lights. One gent from down under was quite upset after a prolonged discussion with the vendor, but the vendor finally took the lights back. He ordered a few sets of the model 60s for his rally bikes and is happy with the performance.

For less money you could have a pair of model 30s that will add even more light
Old 07-14-2012, 05:02 PM   #2549
mwood7800
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 538
The modle 60 3600 led lights kill my radio recption, any filter or fixes?
mwood7800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 06:17 PM   #2550
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwood7800 View Post
The modle 60 3600 led lights kill my radio recption, any filter or fixes?
Try a ferrite ring, wrap the wires going to the light around it. Should be able to find one at Radio Shack.