Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2012, 03:29 PM   #2611
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Oddometer: 4,549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokrijder View Post
John,

Thanks for the quick service. The new rotary dimmer looks real nice.

Bokrijder
Thanks for your business.
sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:36 PM   #2612
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Another satisfied customer

"I received your lights in the mail today. I really appreciate the extremely quick service. I took the lights out and tested them on my car battery and am very pleased with how bright they are, I'm glad I didn't get the higher power ones as I think they would be way to bright for on road use even during the day. I appreciate your help & look forward to mounting them on my bike this weekend."

This customer purchased our
Model 44 lights and opted to go with an on/off switch. A good option to the "to bright" light, our LED controllers allow our lights to be dimmed with easy access to full power with your high beam switch (HBB models)

Old 08-12-2012, 06:46 AM   #2613
sailah
Lampin' it

Oddometer: 5,264
sanjoh,

Thinking of trying to mount this in a TrailTech X2 headlight mask. Here's what I have to work with. The bottom light is already converted to HID, the top is where I want a "High beam" in a driving pattern. I've looked at your pics of the beam shots but how about some real world road experience? Is this going to suffice for a high beam? I tried to repurpose my custom made triple XML LED light but it's simply too big for the headlight mask.

I don't care if it sticks out the front a little. And I can also modify the back. Am I going to have problems with heat in the headlight mask which would enclose the back of the light? If so I can just eliminate that part and epoxy the lower in.

Thanks, it's going in a monster too...

Nessmuk
sailah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 07:03 AM   #2614
hardwaregrrl
You talkin' to me?

Oddometer: 6,812
Hi all, i recently had a warranty problem with a helmet light....John took care of it right away, and last nite I took it on a nite hike to the top of arabian mountain to view the meteor shower. Well, the high setting was way to stinking bright!!! But so was the low setting.....I mean this sucker is super bright! Doing a nite trail ride? Get this light!!!! Thanks John, sorry no pics

I highly recommend advmonster lights if you're in the market for some xtra lighting. And this is coming from someone that likes to break stuff.
hardwaregrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:41 AM   #2615
SV_Dwayne
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 300
Hey Sanjoh - when mounting the M1 bike light on handlebars, is there a strap or a bag included to mount the battery pack to the top tube or stem on the bike?

Thanks,
Dwayne

SV_Dwayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:16 AM   #2616
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailah View Post
Thinking of trying to mount this in a TrailTech X2 headlight mask.
You may have heat issues, I'm not familiar with the light you are using, possibly duct some air to it?

Why not try our Dual sport fairing, up to 7200 lumens

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV_Dwayne View Post
Hey Sanjoh - when mounting the M1 bike light on handlebars, is there a strap or a bag included to mount the battery pack to the top tube or stem on the bike?
Yes, both a strap and a nylon bag are included. The battery is in a waterproof sleeve inside the nylon bag. A picture here.

sanjoh screwed with this post 08-12-2012 at 10:29 AM
Old 08-13-2012, 09:59 AM   #2617
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwaregrrl View Post
Hi all, i recently had a warranty problem with a helmet light....John took care of it right away, and last nite I took it on a nite hike to the top of arabian mountain to view the meteor shower. Well, the high setting was way to stinking bright!!! But so was the low setting.....I mean this sucker is super bright! Doing a nite trail ride? Get this light!!!! Thanks John, sorry no pics
Glad to hear the light worked for you!
Old 08-13-2012, 06:25 PM   #2618
m5guy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 32
F800GS Installation Notes

Hi John,

Thanks again for the quick shipping on my Model 60s. They work great! Here are some tips for other F800GS owners doing the installation and using your remote control dimmer module:

(1) The dimmer module and the 4-pole automotive fog light relay fit perfectly behind the left side fairing, just below the air intake pipe. There is a large factory relay located just aft of where I positioned my small one that I used for the common ground for pole #87 on the fog light relay. Pole #30 (positive) of the relay connects to the 15 amp inline fuse, and the fuse connects to the positive pole on the battery.

(2) The purple wire from the ADVMonster dimmer module goes into the high beam assembly and connects to the factory WHITE high beam wire. This is what triggers the full bright on the ADVMonster floods when I hit my factory high beam switch. I tested it on my 5am ride to work this morning, and with my HID headlight, high beams, and ADVMonster floods all kicked on, it was like a small sunburst erupted in front of the bike! :)

3) Some Home Depot 2" L brackets, painted black and drilled to the correct size, can be used to mount the fogs to the factory headlight adjustment location. The factory torx screws have enough thread length to be reused.

I'm still working on a good place to pick up my trigger wire for pole #86 of the foglight relay. The dummy Alarm plug back by the rear seat area does not have sufficient voltage to power both the relay and my additional LED flashers, so I will probably try tapping into the accessory plug outlet. ***Update*** The accessory plug is a good location to tap off from for the trigger wire. Use a Posi-tap connector to go from pole #86 on your relay to the red & green striped wire feeding the accessory plug.***

Finally, pole #87 of the fog light relay goes to the ADVMonster dimmer control module.

That's how you wire up the system with a relay so that the ADVMonster lights only turn on when the bike is running. The added benefit of using the accessory outlet power to trigger the relay is that your ADVMonster lights will stay on for approximately 30 seconds after you shut down your bike if you want them to. Otherwise hit the Off button on your dimmer remote when you shut off the bike's ignition.

-Greg

m5guy screwed with this post 08-20-2012 at 08:09 PM
m5guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:54 PM   #2619
Rev
Asshole

Oddometer: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjoh View Post
Introducing our new M10 handlheld flashlight kit

Several ADV types have tested this light over the last few months, it is nothing short of awesome. It is bright, how bright you say, well I lost the electric system on a recent ride and was able to get home using this light as a headlight (80 miles)

Waterproof, great run times on a single charge, spare battery and a travel charger for $33!

More technical data and yes beam shots on the way
Any more info on this yet? Run times, battery discharge when not in use, how you choose modes etc?

Set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:07 PM   #2620
honda_silver
Adventurer

Oddometer: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Any more info on this yet? Run times, battery discharge when not in use, how you choose modes etc?
I just received my M-10 last week (so I cannot answer run times/battery discharge yet),

At the bottom is a push button on/off switch ... you can either
- lightly push the on/off button (without shutting off) to switch to next mode
- quickly turn off and quickly turn on to switch to next mode

The mode order is
1) High
2) Medium
3) Low
4) Very fast strobe
5) Slower strobe

I have a Fenix TK-41 with 8-aa batteries ... I believe the M10 on high is even brighter with better pattern coverage, but I will change the 8-aa batteries and then compare side-to-side.

The M10 comes with 2 Lithium batteries, but the M10 takes only one battery at a time ... so I expect plenty of light time with the two Lithium batteris.
honda_silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:25 AM   #2621
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Continuous Run times (intermittent use extends battery life significantly)

High - 45 minutes

Think of this setting as a nitrous shot, it's fun while it lasts This setting is too bright for any closeup work, even during the day but if you want to see 200+ yards (183 m), no problem.

Medium - 9 hours

This setting is usually too bright for close work at night, ok during the day but can still leave you seeing stars (just from reflected light) never ever do you want to look at the led directly. 100-150 yds (90-130m) range.

Low - 20+ hours

This setting provides plenty of light for close work. My most often used setting at night.

Strobe - not measured, but it can make you dizzy

SOS - not measured, this setting could actually could be useful if you are in trouble and are trying to get help.

The beam shape (spot) of the light helps it outperform many much larger/higher output lights when the visibility is limited for example fog or smoke conditions.

Battery discharge during non-use is very little, the manufacturer reccomends charging at least once per year. This means you can store it for long periods of time without a problem.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:15 AM   #2622
Alleycatdad
Unbunch yer panties!

Oddometer: 1,385
Model 60's mounted up, turned off. I just like the pic..

Steve
Bad decisions make good stories.
Alleycatdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:29 PM   #2623
SV_Dwayne
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 300
Just put in an order for an M1 bike light, looking forward to using it on my 17 mile commute to downtown Atlanta. In the future I'll get some upgraded lights for the V-Strom, just waiting to see if there's anything new coming out on that side. :)

SV_Dwayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:27 PM   #2624
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5guy View Post
Thanks again for the quick shipping on my Model 60s. They work great!
Thanks for the business. Very nice install!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alleycatdad View Post
Model 60's mounted up, turned off. I just like the pic..
I like it too! Where is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV_Dwayne View Post
Just put in an order for an M1 bike light, looking forward to using it on my 17 mile commute to downtown Atlanta. In the future I'll get some upgraded lights for the V-Strom, just waiting to see if there's anything new coming out on that side. :)
That should wake em up!

We are introducing a drop in led light mount for 1998-2004 ktms.

An inexpensive led light upgrade will be available. One or two of any of our led lights will fit as long as your stator can support it.

sanjoh screwed with this post 08-19-2012 at 01:55 AM
Old 08-14-2012, 08:53 PM   #2625
Alleycatdad
Unbunch yer panties!

Oddometer: 1,385
I like it too! Where is it?

==
Out in the woods near Mount Shasta, CA. 'bout 98 deg in the shade.

S
Bad decisions make good stories.
Alleycatdad is offline   Reply With Quote