User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2014, 11:54 AM   #3811
Loutre
Cosmopolitan Adv

Oddometer: 3,190
Well hello Guys and gals!

I'm here for my long overdue feedback on John's customer service! All I can say is that I'm amazed about not only his products, but also of how he deals with customers!

Send him a PM a month ago to ask him how long he'd need to ship to France since I was going on a trip and needed to replace my spot LED light from him (discovered that you can't run two different sets of lights with the autoswitch AS7: was running the M60 flood and M30 spot model). He was able to ship in less than a week to my home and even offered me a full refound for the model I wasn't going to use (by the way John I think that I'll keep it for my GF's bike, but really thanks again for the offer)! Model that I've bought back in august! I've never seen such a devoted vendor! Be sure that when I get my new bike in february that I'll buy some more lights from you!

Cheers mate!

R1150GSA SE

Loutre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:25 AM   #3812
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Oddometer: 4,541
Thanks for the feedback
sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 05:42 AM   #3813
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

We are transitioning to a new website! Check it out here.

If you have any challenges with the new site, please contact me, we love to hear from customers

Another happy customer

"Just some general feedback, which I'm happy for you to use a testimonial or whatever: After looking for some time at various auxillary lighting options, including some name brands at the recent Sydney Motorcycle Show, I decided to buy a pair of M60 flood lights with rotary dimmer, so I'd be more visible during the day, and improve my visibility at night, particularly on country roads. I've alway been a bit dubious of manufacturers claims of light output, but even just one M60 on full is much, much brighter than my stock high beam, with the beam longer and wider. And with a pair, I can set the aim to fill the road and into the bush, making it much safer to ride at night at highway speeds. I haven't been able to find anything that comes close in price or quality.

Thanks again, it really is a great product"
Old 01-23-2014, 10:44 AM   #3814
ben2go
Moto Flunky

Oddometer: 3,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjoh View Post
We are transitioning to a new website! Check it out here.

If you have any challenges with the new site, please contact me, we love to hear from customers

Another happy customer

"Just some general feedback, which I'm happy for you to use a testimonial or whatever: After looking for some time at various auxillary lighting options, including some name brands at the recent Sydney Motorcycle Show, I decided to buy a pair of M60 flood lights with rotary dimmer, so I'd be more visible during the day, and improve my visibility at night, particularly on country roads. I've alway been a bit dubious of manufacturers claims of light output, but even just one M60 on full is much, much brighter than my stock high beam, with the beam longer and wider. And with a pair, I can set the aim to fill the road and into the bush, making it much safer to ride at night at highway speeds. I haven't been able to find anything that comes close in price or quality.

Thanks again, it really is a great product"
I dig it but I can't find the small light bar you have posted here,the one with 4 leds side by side.Is it still in skunk works status?
ben2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:44 PM   #3815
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
I dig it but I can't find the small light bar you have posted here,the one with 4 leds side by side.Is it still in skunk works status?
Not quite ready for showtime. Should be ready within a couple of weeks.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:05 PM   #3816
ben2go
Moto Flunky

Oddometer: 3,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjoh View Post
Not quite ready for showtime. Should be ready within a couple of weeks.
Sweet.
ben2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 02:48 AM   #3817
Bobmws
Curmudgeon At Large

Oddometer: 1,069
The new site looks good, easy to navigate.
www.earplugco.com
Bobmws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 03:22 AM   #3818
PWRCRZR
Grumpy Old Bastard

Oddometer: 7,374
Question

I am already running a set of the original Denali lights on my Tenere. I have them mounted low on the crash bars. I would like to add more light just below my factory headlights. I am thinking fog lights but not sure..

I was looking at your F11 fogs and your M15 spots which would you recomend?

Also wondering if your dimmer switch could handle all four lights at once?
However, I am not complaining because I know that I am probably better today then I will be tomorrow, so I try and enjoy every day as it comes, and stay determined to live well and be appreciative of what I still can do..."Stromsurfer"
PWRCRZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 05:26 AM   #3819
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobmws View Post
The new site looks good, easy to navigate.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWRCRZR View Post
I was looking at your F11 fogs and your M15 spots which would you recomend?
Are the Denalis spot or flood beam? Where are you needing more light, distance, width or both?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWRCRZR View Post
Also wondering if your dimmer switch could handle all four lights at once?
Yes, the dimmers are rated by ampacity with up to 6 amps for the rotary dimmer or 8 amps for the wireless dimmer. Your system would be around 4 amps with the additional lights.
Old 01-25-2014, 09:51 AM   #3820
Trippps
Fool

Oddometer: 85
I'm looking to mount a pair to the top of my highway bars on a cruiser (Rocket 3 Touring), to illuminate the edge of the road for deer, do you think spots or floods would be a better choice?

And to clarify, you can tie them in with your high beams so that when the high beams are on they are on full brightness, but when you flip your high beams off, they revert to whatever the dimmed setting is? And can they be used in conjunction with a relay setup, for me specifically the Eastern Beaver?

Trippps screwed with this post 01-25-2014 at 10:12 AM
Trippps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 11:10 AM   #3821
dwj - Donnie
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 13,181
Need Help with Mounting Bracket for 2010 990 ADV

Hi!

I have read of a few folks using 1" angle iron, aluminum in my case, to mount Model 30 LEDs and other Leds that are the same size. I have removed the cowlings, I have the angle aluminum, but I can't seem to understand how to make it work. It is my understanding that you use the horn mounting holes. how do you do this and retain the horn. Looks like the angle iron will have to be shaped considerably. But maybe I am over looking the obvious. I would appreciate some help! I am trying to get my moto headed from Mississippi to Central America. Of course I have to stop in south Mexico and pick up my "novia"! Photos of my moto are included. Thanks!

Donnie

dwj - Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 02:33 PM   #3822
Texcollect
Adventurer wannabe

Oddometer: 195
Finally got round to taking a couple of photos of my installed lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 01-26-2014, 03:21 PM   #3823
dwj - Donnie
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 13,181
Hi!

I am in the process of placing an order for the 3rd time. My item never left the Cart and I received no confirmation, so I am assuming something went wrong. I only want one pair of mounts. Please disregard any more than one order. Thanks!

Donnie

OK! I got an order number this time!
dwj - Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 05:49 PM   #3824
hoadie72
Adventurer

Oddometer: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoadie72 View Post
Here you go.

Admittedly in that position there's a little movement. A more rigid position would be near the indicator stalks but I want people to see when I'm turning. Or not.
Changed from the brackets in the photo above to the Ezy-Mount light brackets, which are much, much more rigid.

Even happier with the lights now, not to mention the service from John.
hoadie72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 09:17 AM   #3825
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trippps View Post
I'm looking to mount a pair to the top of my highway bars on a cruiser (Rocket 3 Touring), to illuminate the edge of the road for deer, do you think spots or floods would be a better choice?
Floods would give you the width to see well off the edge of the road. Model 44 or if you want to light the world, Model 60s.

Quote:
And to clarify, you can tie them in with your high beams so that when the high beams are on they are on full brightness, but when you flip your high beams off, they revert to whatever the dimmed setting is?
Using either the rotary or wireless dimmer will provide this option. When a dimmer is purchased with lights, the setup comes plug n play.

Quote:
And can they be used in conjunction with a relay setup, for me specifically the Eastern Beaver?
Yes