Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2014, 09:17 AM   #3826
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Oddometer: 4,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texcollect View Post
Finally got round to taking a couple of photos of my installed lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Is that an FZ or ?
sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 09:22 AM   #3827
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwj - Donnie View Post
Hi!

I have read of a few folks using 1" angle iron, aluminum in my case, to mount Model 30 LEDs and other Leds that are the same size. I have removed the cowlings, I have the angle aluminum, but I can't seem to understand how to make it work. It is my understanding that you use the horn mounting holes. how do you do this and retain the horn. Looks like the angle iron will have to be shaped considerably. But maybe I am over looking the obvious. I would appreciate some help! I am trying to get my moto headed from Mississippi to Central America. Of course I have to stop in south Mexico and pick up my "novia"! Photos of my moto are included. Thanks!

Donnie
Perhaps you could ask this in Orange Crush?
Old 01-27-2014, 09:40 AM   #3828
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoadie72 View Post
Changed from the brackets in the photo above to the Ezy-Mount light brackets, which are much, much more rigid.

Even happier with the lights now, not to mention the service from John.
Thanks!

Where did you find the ezy-mount?
Old 01-27-2014, 11:58 AM   #3829
hoadie72
Adventurer

Oddometer: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjoh View Post
Thanks!

Where did you find the ezy-mount?
I bought it from Cyclenutz. It was their last set, and I couldn't find anyone else with stock. It's a shame because it's very well made, over engineered for my application.
hoadie72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 03:36 PM   #3830
Texcollect
Adventurer wannabe

Oddometer: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjoh View Post
Is that an FZ or ?
It's a 2009 FZ6.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD
Old 01-30-2014, 10:37 AM   #3831
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Thanks for all the positive feedback on the new website!
Old 01-30-2014, 01:12 PM   #3832
dwj - Donnie
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 13,242
Which is the hot wire on the LED 30s? Thanks!

On the on/off switch, does it make any difference which side has the power source. Only positive is hooked to the switch , correct? I know I am a dumb A$$, but a simple wiring diagram in with the lights would be very helpful. Thanks!
dwj - Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 02:05 PM   #3833
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Quote:
Which is the hot wire on the LED 30s? Thanks!
White

Quote:
On the on/off switch, does it make any difference which side has the power source. Only positive is hooked to the switch , correct? I know I am a dumb A$$, but a simple wiring diagram in with the lights would be very helpful. Thanks!
No difference which side is choosen. Only the positive, correct.

Thanks for the suggestion on diagram.
Old 01-31-2014, 03:51 PM   #3834
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Have questions? Use our chat feature to get answers

This customer got his questions answered today

"Hey thanks again for your help. Very good experience buying these lights, i will tell my friends!"
Old 02-02-2014, 09:14 PM   #3835
Keynes
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Can anyone comment on how difficult installation is?

I have been reading through page after page of reviews and pictures, but can't seem to find anyone talking about how difficult the installation process is. These lights look fantastic, but I am a bit intimidated by the electrical installation. I am fairly new to motorocycle maintenance in general and have no experience messing with electrical installs on a bike. Anyone care to comment on if I should even attempt this? Also, if you wanted to install these with the OEM switch, how much more work would be required?
Keynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 09:58 PM   #3836
outbacktaz
outbacktaz

Oddometer: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keynes View Post
I have been reading through page after page of reviews and pictures, but can't seem to find anyone talking about how difficult the installation process is. These lights look fantastic, but I am a bit intimidated by the electrical installation. I am fairly new to motorocycle maintenance in general and have no experience messing with electrical installs on a bike. Anyone care to comment on if I should even attempt this? Also, if you wanted to install these with the OEM switch, how much more work would be required?
If you use Posi-taps, the installation of any electrical equipment becomes a breeze!!

You can find those pretty much anywhere nowadays...

Good luck!!
To sin by silence makes cowards out of men! Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Peace is mostly valued by those who are sworn to protect it! Unknown
outbacktaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 04:45 AM   #3837
StepOnIt
Assitoner

Oddometer: 937
Easy

Quote:
I did not have any problems hooking them up. I ran the stock headlight and two 60's, wired up to the light switch also. It came with a positap for hooking into the headlight. I also had the dimmer so they were turned down on low beam and full power on high beam. It was don't that hard and he will help with any questions you have. The only thing I am going to recommend it the lens protector if you are going to ride off road and behind your friends.

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." Dean Martin
StepOnIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 04:52 AM   #3838
ben2go
Moto Flunky

Oddometer: 3,159
Quote:
It's not difficult at all.Disassembling the bike and finding the proper wires to connect to is the difficult part.I suggest getting a quality service manual to aide in disassembling and locating the proper wiring.A knowledgeable DIY guy can probably lend a hand.There maybe someone on the forum will to help out that lives near by.I would keep my lights wired separate from the bikes systems,but include a relay to shut down the lights when the bike is shut down.
ben2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:51 AM   #3839
Keynes
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Thanks for the info! I actually find a pretty decent set of instructions for mounting the OEM Fog lights on my Tiger 800 XC, and I imagine these would be very similar. After reading through those I am pretty comfortable with taking the bike apart, including taking the gas tank off the bike to get access. Not 100% sure what all wires need to connect where, but hopefully that will make more sense when I am looking at it all. It didn't look like any splicing into other headlight wires was required if put these on a completely different switch however. Are most of you guys wiring it into your high beams? I also didn't see anything specific about making sure power goes off when you turn the bike off, so I am guessing since the bike comes with OEM fog light option, and this is using those, that the power will be turned off when the bike is by default.
Keynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:56 AM   #3840
ben2go
Moto Flunky

Oddometer: 3,159
Quote:
Thanks for the info! I actually find a pretty decent set of instructions for mounting the OEM Fog lights on my Tiger 800 XC, and I imagine these would be very similar. After reading through those I am pretty comfortable with taking the bike apart, including taking the gas tank off the bike to get access. Not 100% sure what all wires need to connect where, but hopefully that will make more sense when I am looking at it all. It didn't look like any splicing into other headlight wires was required if put these on a completely different switch however. Are most of you guys wiring it into your high beams? I also didn't see anything specific about making sure power goes off when you turn the bike off, so I am guessing since the bike comes with OEM fog light option, and this is using those, that the power will be turned off when the bike is by default.
You're welcome.Glad you found the info.
ben2go is offline   Reply With Quote