ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-16-2014, 05:46 PM   #3946
Bobmws
Curmudgeon At Large
 
Bobmws's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Same trailer, different park, FL
Oddometer: 1,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjoh View Post
Perhaps, the further away from the booster box and downstream AC wiring the better. Some have been fortunate, others have not.



Hi Bob,

What's the proximity of the HID AC parts/wiring and LED wiring?
Will I see you at GMR?

Prolly won't make GMR. The Dimmer box (keyfob unit) is 8-12" from the HID ballast.
__________________
Bob Weis 04 K12RS - Hannigan Hack
Everything happens for a reason, but sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions.
Photo's: http://s1077.photobucket.com/albums/w464/Bobmws/
www.earplugco.com
Bobmws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 09:02 AM   #3947
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light
 
sanjoh's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Mountains of Central Florida:)
Oddometer: 4,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjoh View Post
For a limited time the popular Model 30 is on sale.



Get a pair (2) of Model 30s for $75usd or 25% off the model 30 with a $100 minimum purchase.

Use the coupon code "M30now" during checkout to apply the discount.
Just a few more days for the sale.
sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 09:16 PM   #3948
KiwiMtnClmbr
Fresh!
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: Hillyboro NJ... for now
Oddometer: 50
How many is a few?

So I don't get paid until Monday... how many is a few days?
__________________
2007 DR650se
2002 KAWASAKI EX250F - gone
KiwiMtnClmbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 08:52 AM   #3949
CamelBill
Ride It!
 
CamelBill's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: St. Chuck, Mizery
Oddometer: 499
Bicycle Helmet light?

I'm having trouble finding the bicycle helmet light on your website. I have the light and love it, and a friend is looking for it. Can you post a link? thanks!
__________________
Camel
KTM 1190R, 950S, 500XC-W
FJR, Wing
CO Single Track RR http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...0#post24875020
CamelBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 11:09 AM   #3950
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light
 
sanjoh's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Mountains of Central Florida:)
Oddometer: 4,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamelBill View Post
I'm having trouble finding the bicycle helmet light on your website. I have the light and love it, and a friend is looking for it. Can you post a link? thanks!
Please send an email (sandjoh@gmail.com) or pm your email addy.
sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 10:46 PM   #3951
enKcee
Adventurer
 
enKcee's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2014
Oddometer: 10
I think I may have gotten a little ahead of myself when it came to getting these lights. Do I need an on/off switch to run these? I thought with the dimmer being plug 'n' play I wouldn't need any additional switches or anything. I tried hooking them up today only to find they turned on as soon as I hooked them up to the battery. That obviously won't work. What do I need to buy to make this work?
enKcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 04:16 AM   #3952
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light
 
sanjoh's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Mountains of Central Florida:)
Oddometer: 4,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by enKcee View Post
I think I may have gotten a little ahead of myself when it came to getting these lights. Do I need an on/off switch to run these? I thought with the dimmer being plug 'n' play I wouldn't need any additional switches or anything. I tried hooking them up today only to find they turned on as soon as I hooked them up to the battery. That obviously won't work. What do I need to buy to make this work?
You do not need an on/off switch. The dimmer has an off position. However the dimmer will pull a small amount of power that can pull down a battery over the course of a month. We recommend using a switched (on/off with the bike) power source. Here is our recommended wiring diagram.

What bike do you have? Perhaps we can recommend a convenient connection.
sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 09:16 PM   #3953
enKcee
Adventurer
 
enKcee's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2014
Oddometer: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjoh View Post
You do not need an on/off switch. The dimmer has an off position. However the dimmer will pull a small amount of power that can pull down a battery over the course of a month. We recommend using a switched (on/off with the bike) power source. Here is our recommended wiring diagram.

What bike do you have? Perhaps we can recommend a convenient connection.
I have an '09 KLX250SF. Tell me what I need and I'll buy it, haha. I just really want to get these lights mounted!
enKcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 07:26 AM   #3954
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light
 
sanjoh's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Mountains of Central Florida:)
Oddometer: 4,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by enKcee View Post
I have an '09 KLX250SF. Tell me what I need and I'll buy it, haha. I just really want to get these lights mounted!
A pair of model 30s and a switch. Run them all day so others can see you.

If you are riding much at night or sunrise/sunset I would recommend a dimmer.

Having done a bunch of miles on 250s over the last year, the bike can disappear only to be seen when the cage tries to hit you. I'd recommend an upgrade to the taillight as well.
sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 01:11 PM   #3955
Ned Kelly
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Oddometer: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjoh View Post
I'd recommend an upgrade to the taillight as well.
Any suggestions for a rear upgrade?
Ned Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 02:56 PM   #3956
enKcee
Adventurer
 
enKcee's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2014
Oddometer: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjoh View Post
A pair of model 30s and a switch. Run them all day so others can see you.

If you are riding much at night or sunrise/sunset I would recommend a dimmer.

Having done a bunch of miles on 250s over the last year, the bike can disappear only to be seen when the cage tries to hit you. I'd recommend an upgrade to the taillight as well.
I already bought two model 44s and a wireless dimmer. I just didn't realize I needed a switch. Is that the only other thing I need? Will I have to get a relay too or just the switch? And do you reckon I'd be able to find a switch at Lowe's or Home Depot or such? The taillight was the first mod I did. Went with the Edge 2 kit. Stuck a shim between the bottom of the fender and top of the taillight to improve visibility, and it actually helped A LOT, as the fender slopes downward at the end, which obscures the taillight a bit.
enKcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 11:36 PM   #3957
Rev
Asshole
 
Rev's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: Charleston SC
Oddometer: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned Kelly View Post
Any suggestions for a rear upgrade?
hehe, a model 60 with a red lens......
__________________
Give a man fire, and he's warm for a night.

Set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 06:27 AM   #3958
Abrahamster
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: Brevard, NC
Oddometer: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by enKcee View Post
I already bought two model 44s and a wireless dimmer. I just didn't realize I needed a switch. Is that the only other thing I need? Will I have to get a relay too or just the switch? And do you reckon I'd be able to find a switch at Lowe's or Home Depot or such? The taillight was the first mod I did. Went with the Edge 2 kit. Stuck a shim between the bottom of the fender and top of the taillight to improve visibility, and it actually helped A LOT, as the fender slopes downward at the end, which obscures the taillight a bit.
I think technically you need a relay so that the dimmer isn't pulling power from the battery constantly. The way I did it was installed a relay switch that was powered by my rear parking light. I just installed a Model 30 and Model 44 a week ago or so and would be happy to walk you through what I did...seemed to work perfectly.
__________________
_________________
2012 Sertao "Odetta"
2004 KLR 650 "Wilhelmina"
2003 Super Sherpa "Stella"
5 year old Malamute "Abrahamster"
Abrahamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 06:34 AM   #3959
sdd04
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: The Ozarks....SW MO, NW AR-great place to play!
Oddometer: 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by enKcee View Post
I already bought two model 44s and a wireless dimmer. I just didn't realize I needed a switch. Is that the only other thing I need? Will I have to get a relay too or just the switch? And do you reckon I'd be able to find a switch at Lowe's or Home Depot or such? The taillight was the first mod I did. Went with the Edge 2 kit. Stuck a shim between the bottom of the fender and top of the taillight to improve visibility, and it actually helped A LOT, as the fender slopes downward at the end, which obscures the taillight a bit.
with 2 model 60's, and the dimmer switch on my ktm, I powered the variable switch to a switched accessory power source. Didn't require another switch, and it can't drain with the key off. That way I can leave the dimmer set as low as I can for daytime, and night time driving, and with the high beam bypass, as soon as I hit the high beam switch, everything goes full chat.
sdd04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 06:35 AM   #3960
StepOnIt
Assitoner
 
StepOnIt's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Huntsville ON.
Oddometer: 958
headlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by enKcee View Post
I already bought two model 44s and a wireless dimmer. I just didn't realize I needed a switch. Is that the only other thing I need? Will I have to get a relay too or just the switch? And do you reckon I'd be able to find a switch at Lowe's or Home Depot or such? The taillight was the first mod I did. Went with the Edge 2 kit. Stuck a shim between the bottom of the fender and top of the taillight to improve visibility, and it actually helped A LOT, as the fender slopes downward at the end, which obscures the taillight a bit.
Why have you not just spliced in to your headlight? Low beam for the dimmed light and high beam for full power? They do not draw that much power and can stay on all the time.
__________________
The road less traveled is the road I travel more.

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." Dean Martin
StepOnIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014