Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2011, 06:19 AM   #766
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Oddometer: 4,807
Thanks for all the support

Happy New Year!

The old promotion code has expired, I am continuing the advrider discount promotion, so the the new promotion code is:

"INMATE"

Only use this if you want 10% off products on advmonster.com
sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:55 AM   #767
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,660
I've updated the discount code in the vendors discount sticky thread.. I installed my lights and they are super bright
Old 01-03-2011, 03:26 PM   #768
Muddpuppy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 965
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjoh View Post
It's on the first page of the checkout. Why did you chose to not put it in at that time? After you payed is too late.

It must matter to you as I read this post.

You are the exception, I'd be happy to refund your full purchase price and you can return the lights. What's amazes me is I don't even know your name as you did not list it in any pm's. Makes it kind of difficult if I don't know who the customer is!

Happy New Year
For the record
1. I did not request the discount after the sale it was during the sale by e-mail and posted on the Pay-Pal invoice. It is easy to refund money to a Pay-Pal account. You chose not to or dont know how. You decided to be benevolent with someone elses money and donate it to Baldy. I have no way of knowing if you did or not. Im going to trust you will donate the entire 10%. ( $17.50 )You also never made it clear how to get the discount this has been mentioned by someone in a earlier thread.
2. There is no need to grandstand telling me you will reimburse my purchase price upon return of the lights. I told you at the outset the lights work great I have no problem with them. My problem is your way of doing business.
3. I am not the exception. There are others with this same problem of nothing but silence from your end.
4. Several people saw the lights this weekend and asked where I got them. I told them to contact you. Maybe you will treat them more fairly then you did me. Like I said the product is good and fairly priced.
This now concludes this correspondence with you and this subject.
Muddpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:43 PM   #769
NomadS
Adventurer

Oddometer: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjoh View Post
Nothing yet.
second vote for fog lights. Maybe make the 10w dimmable like the 24w and have a yellow filter?

And some type of bracket that allows for mounting at the bottom of the forks to keep the light low to the ground. Have a 2009 BMW F650GS twin
NomadS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:58 PM   #770
pyrate
Walking the plank

Oddometer: 1,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadS View Post
second vote for fog lights. Maybe make the 10w dimmable like the 24w and have a yellow filter?

And some type of bracket that allows for mounting at the bottom of the forks to keep the light low to the ground. Have a 2009 BMW F650GS twin
I know a lot of people do it, particularly for road bikes, but I've found that mounting lights low the ground makes it really hard to distinguish the road surface. If the light is shining from a higher angle at a pot hole, you tend to see what you might drive through and how deep it is etc. When the light is low to the ground, it tends to skim the surface only. Sometimes small dips in the road can look like holes too, sort of the desert mirage affect. Just something you might want to try out before looking for low fork mounts.

pyrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:37 PM   #771
NomadS
Adventurer

Oddometer: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrate View Post
I know a lot of people do it, particularly for road bikes, but I've found that mounting lights low the ground makes it really hard to distinguish the road surface. If the light is shining from a higher angle at a pot hole, you tend to see what you might drive through and how deep it is etc. When the light is low to the ground, it tends to skim the surface only. Sometimes small dips in the road can look like holes too, sort of the desert mirage affect. Just something you might want to try out before looking for low fork mounts.
Thanks for the info. Had not considered that. Anyone else experienced that?
NomadS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:45 PM   #772
pyrate
Walking the plank

Oddometer: 1,162
Quote:
Sure thing.

If you get a chance, mimic the angles w/ a powerful flashlight. Just lay it on the ground or maybe put it horizontal to the ground on a box about 1' off the ground shining at a hole in the road. Compare that with holding the light at a standing height w/ the light slightly angled down. It might help give you an idea.

pyrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 05:56 AM   #773
Callahan
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,179
Quote:

Another benefit of them being higher and pointing down to the ground illuminating the road, potholes, etc. at 40', 50', 60', 70' or what ever down forward angle where the lights are better for you. They are also better for the on coming traffic too.
Callahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 07:13 AM   #774
JDLuke
Ravening for delight

Oddometer: 8,644
I'm pretty certain that low mounting is designed primarily for others to see you better, not for your ability to see. The idea, I believe, is to get a light triangle with longer sides.
JDLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 07:27 AM   #775
univibe88
Slidell4Life

Oddometer: 2,083
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDLuke View Post
I'm pretty certain that low mounting is designed primarily for others to see you better, not for your ability to see. The idea, I believe, is to get a light triangle with longer sides.
Exactly. So when mounting, decide if your motivation is to see or be seen.

"I like my ride plans like my women...loosely put together with a chance of getting wet."
univibe88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:25 AM   #776
bronco78
n00b

Oddometer: 4
To those of you that have used these lights, better if you have used or seen more than one version.

Which model would be your recommendation to add a pair of to a road bike, looking for deer, the most deadly threat I face at night here in Texas. After reading all 56 pages.. (ya I really did) my gut tells me, 2 ea 24w floods, ran in addition to my high beam. The spots can provide light farther, but truly, deer at that distance are less a threat.. They move position quickly, its the medium range fight I need more light at..
Thanks for you input
bronco78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:02 AM   #777
BexarWolf
Adventurer

Oddometer: 46
I have one 10w spot and one 24w non-dimmable flood. Had I to do it over again, I'd probably go with two 24w floods because they throw a tremendous amount of light. The spot is great for seeing further down the road but it's a true spot with very little light thrown to the sides.

YMMV

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco78 View Post
To those of you that have used these lights, better if you have used or seen more than one version.

Which model would be your recommendation to add a pair of to a road bike, looking for deer, the most deadly threat I face at night here in Texas. After reading all 56 pages.. (ya I really did) my gut tells me, 2 ea 24w floods, ran in addition to my high beam. The spots can provide light farther, but truly, deer at that distance are less a threat.. They move position quickly, its the medium range fight I need more light at..
Thanks for you input
Old 01-06-2011, 09:13 AM   #778
MAXVERT
Rough Rider

Oddometer: 1,006
Sanjoh, any progress with the new dimmer switch ?
I'm ready to buy some 24's for my MTS 1200S.

Max
Old 01-06-2011, 03:41 PM   #779
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Oddometer: 4,807
The dimmer will be out any day.
sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 10:00 AM   #780
Dog_River
Stubborn Adventurer

Oddometer: 196
I am interested in two 24w floods w/ dimmer.

How's your inventory ?

Dog_River
Dog_River is offline   Reply With Quote