Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2010, 03:41 PM   #31
GISdood OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinz
Living out on the other coast (Halifax), I've always wanted to ride the Rockies and yes even the Prairie - someday! I hope you know how fortunate you are GISdood (I think you do) as my wife won't go near my DR 650 or the Ninja 1000. I'm sure it's cliche to you by now, but as I was reading, in my mind was playing this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-tRXewCAmU

If you ever go Coast to Coast you got a garage in Halifax!

Cheers,
Martin
Yes... I've heard many a reference to that song since I met my wife.

She had a good laugh when I showed her your post, as well. She used to be a 'sk8r punk' in her teens, and one of the skateboarding videos she watched a lot was one of the 'Toy Machine' productions. That song was in the soundtrack. She admitted to watching that particular segment over and over more than just a few times.

Here's hoping you can eventually convince her to take up riding with you, or at least ride pillion.

Riding with my buddies is great, but nothing compares to sharing a road trip with my best friend.

And we'll definitely look you up when we eventually get around to making a coast-to-coast run... I've been to NB and NS before. Spent a couple weeks of spring in the Annapolis Valley a long time ago. Would live to go back and ride through some of that scenery.
GISdood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 04:02 PM   #32
soph9
Bike Addict

Oddometer: 2,283
nice ride report...love the slide show at the end....you guys looked like you had a great time...hope you get a chance to get a way again! Thanks!
soph9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:19 AM   #33
stumpy-ktm
Adventurer

Oddometer: 76
hey buddy , just going thru some old posts and saw yours ... good writeup ... im a new zealander , but married me a canadian girl from eston (born in kindersly ) ... she was asking what was your grandmothers name ... my wifes name was GASSNER... we live in nz and i love seeing pics of the prairies , we viist her parents every other year in kindersly .
cheers
Old 10-10-2012, 02:06 PM   #34
GISdood OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpy-ktm View Post
hey buddy , just going thru some old posts and saw yours ... good writeup ... im a new zealander , but married me a canadian girl from eston (born in kindersly ) ... she was asking what was your grandmothers name ... my wifes name was GASSNER... we live in nz and i love seeing pics of the prairies , we viist her parents every other year in kindersly .
cheers

Hey stumpy,

Thanks for reading, I'm flattered!

My grandparents' last name (and mine) is Ruston. We used to stay in Kindersley all the time when we went to visit family in Eston - not much for accommodations in Eston. What a small, small world, eh?

And kudos to you again, dude... the sheer strength of will and positive outlook that you display while working tirelessly to keep on doing what you love regardless of the adversity you face everyday is something we can all admire and learn from.

Cheers!

PS. That carbon shell for the prosthetic looks sweeeet! Nice handywork!
GISdood is offline   Reply With Quote