Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2010, 03:24 PM   #1
HayBailEY OP
Groovy

Oddometer: 32
Scotts and HDB

Howdy!

Just wanted to share that the HDB topclamps mates to the Scotts damper kit just fine.

HayBailEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 10:46 AM   #2
GeckoRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 443
Wanted a point of clarification. Some instructions I have seen online for mounting the Scotts indicate that you need to do some cutting and/or welding to mount the tab to the bike. I am not sure if this comes from copying and pasting instructions for other models of the Scotts or if it is true of the F800GS version. Can you confirm or deny?

Thanks
Old 08-08-2010, 11:01 AM   #3
gr8ridn
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 369
Renazco Racing responded to this in the vendors section. In essence they stated the F800GS kit is a straight bolt in installation requiring no cutting or welding. You are probably right, the cut and paste was applied incorrectly to this kit. On Renazco's site it now states the F800GS kit is a bolt in installation.
Old 08-08-2010, 12:04 PM   #4
johngil
Reseda, CA

Oddometer: 3,698
The only modification needed on my bike was to grind a little plastic on the black trim piece that mounts over the key.
Mine was the prototype, so it is possible the design was changed.
johngil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 12:14 PM   #5
Renazco Racing Store
Parts, Gear & Such

Oddometer: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8ridn
Renazco Racing responded to this in the vendors section. In essence they stated the F800GS kit is a straight bolt in installation requiring no cutting or welding. You are probably right, the cut and paste was applied incorrectly to this kit. On Renazco's site it now states the F800GS kit is a bolt in installation.
We were in entirely too much of a hurry to get the new mount kit on the site, and committed the copy/paste error when grabbing the text from Scotts Performance.

Bolt-on. One of our guys tells me it took him about ten minutes, half of which was spent trying to get the lid off his beer.

Renazco Racing

Online store: http://www.renazcoracing.com
Phone (0800-1600 Mon-Fri, Pacific or off-hours if we can take your call): (707) 902-DIRT
Email: store@renazcoracing.com

Renazco Racing Store is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 02:54 PM   #6
Bartron
Bike Punisher

Oddometer: 693
I just did this install a little while ago. You have to trim/sand/grind about 1/8 of an inch from the black plastic part of the faux tank in order to accommodate the torx security bolts that hold the ignition as those bolts secure the pin for the stabilizer. No welding necessary. Doesn't take long and the alteration is hard to see if you are not looking for it.

==================================
:: Furious Basterds: Velox, Vehemens, Oblivio
::
:: "For those who don't understand, no explanation is possible. For those who do, none is necessary."

Bartron screwed with this post 08-08-2010 at 09:30 PM
Bartron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 04:22 PM   #7
GeckoRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Good news then, very doable by my standards. Have to work some more overtime I guess.
Old 08-08-2010, 04:42 PM   #8
anodyne
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 235
Piece of cake ... aside from losing one of the the clips/fasteners (part# 46637658638) for the center cowl somewhere in the bike (can't seem to shake it loose or find it with magnet). Slight use of dremel tool on plastic center cowl. Instructions are easy to follow.
anodyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 04:47 PM   #9
GeckoRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oh I remember another question I had. The Scott kit comes with a riser no? If so it was about 20mm or what is it? If that is the case it would kill two birds for me as I feel like the handle bars are a tad too low when I am standing on the pegs so it would be just about perfect 20mm or more higher.
Old 08-08-2010, 05:15 PM   #10
Hedge36
Chasing parts.

Oddometer: 44,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeckoRider
Oh I remember another question I had. The Scott kit comes with a riser no? If so it was about 20mm or what is it? If that is the case it would kill two birds for me as I feel like the handle bars are a tad too low when I am standing on the pegs so it would be just about perfect 20mm or more higher.
The SUB mount jacks the bars up about 20mm and forward about 3mm.
Hedge36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 08:10 PM   #11
OlyRider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,221
Scotts

Bought mine from Renazco. Installed it today. Went on very easy with a little grinding on the black plastic covering the security bolts. Had to grind five or six times so i didn't remove any unnecessary material. But nobody would notice the difference without removing the cowl piece and examining it.

Thanks, Renazco!!!
Old 08-09-2010, 02:51 PM   #12
Renazco Racing Store
Parts, Gear & Such

Oddometer: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlyRider
Bought mine from Renazco. Installed it today. Went on very easy with a little grinding on the black plastic covering the security bolts. Had to grind five or six times so i didn't remove any unnecessary material. But nobody would notice the difference without removing the cowl piece and examining it.

Thanks, Renazco!!!
We'll have to get together some time in the next couple of weeks so I can see this beast firsthand.

Renazco Racing

Online store: http://www.renazcoracing.com
Phone (0800-1600 Mon-Fri, Pacific or off-hours if we can take your call): (707) 902-DIRT
Email: store@renazcoracing.com

Renazco Racing Store is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:12 PM   #13
OlyRider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,221
Dampers

Hey Scott,

So far I have the damper and the Vario levers installed. Also, I put on the Wunderlich lowered pegs, and the new Aerostich tinted screen. Going up to Seattle Wednesday for Alt-Rider to put on their crashbars and belly pan. Stopping by Touratech to get a few farkles. Put on the Woody's superlace front wheel yesterday. Waiting for my Renazco seat & LV pipe. Adding the Denali LED aux lights. I put on the LED blinkers today from Weiser. I think there's more, but I can't remember!

Paul
Old 08-09-2010, 10:45 PM   #14
klarue
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlyRider
Hey Scott,

So far I have the damper and the Vario levers installed. Also, I put on the Wunderlich lowered pegs, and the new Aerostich tinted screen. Going up to Seattle Wednesday for Alt-Rider to put on their crashbars and belly pan. Stopping by Touratech to get a few farkles. Put on the Woody's superlace front wheel yesterday. Waiting for my Renazco seat & LV pipe. Adding the Denali LED aux lights. I put on the LED blinkers today from Weiser. I think there's more, but I can't remember!

Paul
Jumpin' Jehosophat!! That sounds like a foot-stompin' combo!!
Old 08-09-2010, 11:01 PM   #15
Hedge36
Chasing parts.

Oddometer: 44,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by klarue
Jumpin' Jehosophat!! That sounds like a foot-stompin' combo!!
And when I have him test/review the FasstCo Flexx bars...
Hedge36 is offline   Reply With Quote