Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2013, 08:03 PM   #31
Motorfiets
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrabaek View Post
What do you mean ecu flashing...... The ZFE on the 800...???? I thought the ZFE could not be re flashed for different fuel mapping.....

http://www.maxbmwmotorsport.com/ecu-tuning/
Old 01-19-2013, 08:19 PM   #32
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorfiets View Post
That chart means nothing. Which is the exact issue at best. They all post this and that..... half a$$ scientific dyno results...... But it really gets to me when I see those charts with fine different colors, without the dyno used....not specifics like runfile 01-02-03-04 with equipments configuration...etc. MaxBMW has a fine rep, that is all good with me, but when anyone yaps, and then posts a dynograpph like that, that has no reference.. well.... it means nothing more than this....

Granted.... I have heard several people say that the tune is not that beneficial for the 8GS.... and have heard some that says it is. But until someone really gets with it, and proofs it with other that a buttdyno...... Then it is all fair game. I was hoping someone would step up, before my tune comes in in a month or two...... But no one has done it. Ben.... sorry if this upset you, I mean no disrespect to you or MaxBMW, but it really gets under my nail when these half graphs gets posted, luring in people to say buy the slip ons...etc. All that said. When I do my convert in a month or two, the cycle will be documented with videos, of the dyno run, through out the convert, before,and after, as to offer maximum transparency. Time for a mooooooooovie.

Erling
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:38 PM   #33
Motorfiets
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,000

Your graph cracks me up!! I've raced with the max guys before and internet marketing isn't their strong suit... racing and making their BMWs fast is what they do best. Just give them a call and tell them what you want and he'll explain it all for you.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:40 AM   #34
gbtw
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 124
Quote:

Where can i buy that 50 percent increase in horspower pipe?
gbtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:49 AM   #35
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbtw View Post
Where can i buy that 50 percent increase in horspower pipe?
Shhhhhhhhh..... It's a secret......

Erling
Old 05-19-2014, 03:40 PM   #36
Beemarty
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
So,... any results? I'm interested in seeing how you go with the PC. I'm thinking of buying a F800GS to supplement my 2014 R1200GSA, as a dirt beast, but would like to know if decent untapped power is available.

Quote:
That chart means nothing. Which is the exact issue at best. They all post this and that..... half a$$ scientific dyno results...... But it really gets to me when I see those charts with fine different colors, without the dyno used....not specifics like runfile 01-02-03-04 with equipments configuration...etc. MaxBMW has a fine rep, that is all good with me, but when anyone yaps, and then posts a dynograpph like that, that has no reference.. well.... it means nothing more than this....

Granted.... I have heard several people say that the tune is not that beneficial for the 8GS.... and have heard some that says it is. But until someone really gets with it, and proofs it with other that a buttdyno...... Then it is all fair game. I was hoping someone would step up, before my tune comes in in a month or two...... But no one has done it. Ben.... sorry if this upset you, I mean no disrespect to you or MaxBMW, but it really gets under my nail when these half graphs gets posted, luring in people to say buy the slip ons...etc. All that said. When I do my convert in a month or two, the cycle will be documented with videos, of the dyno run, through out the convert, before,and after, as to offer maximum transparency. Time for a mooooooooovie.
Beemarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 06:54 AM   #37
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemarty View Post
So,... any results? I'm interested in seeing how you go with the PC. I'm thinking of buying a F800GS to supplement my 2014 R1200GSA, as a dirt beast, but would like to know if decent untapped power is available.
It depends on what you mean by decent power. I think it has plenty, but it will never feel like a 1190..... For a 990 for that matter. To answer your question, I got the power with the dyno jet. It has since been replaced with another fuller, but the dj made more power. The dj is in the flea market . Search for my full dyno jet install thread. It has the info you seek.

Erling