ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2014, 01:11 PM   #1
aegagner OP
Armed and Snowbound

Oddometer: 28
App Gap Warning

When I went over the gap this morning the sign read "0 days since last motorcycle accident". When I came back over in the afternoon there were two bikes down in two different groups within a mile of each other.

If you don't know the road, or haven't been on it in a while, slow the f--- down. Every corner you dive into, doing your best Nicky Hayden impression, likely has at least a half dozen frost heaves across the apex. The road is toast, and according to the local state rep it's not slated to be repaired until 2018.

Both of the riders appeared to be fine; the Ducati guy was covered in armor and I think the Dyna rider just landed on his gut :) but both bikes were trashed. Believe me there is nothing on either side of the gap worth it.

Ride safe.
aegagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 05:38 PM   #2
bomberdave
black cloud wandering

Oddometer: 825
i bounced over that mess on my rigid indian twice this season and can confirm its wretchedness. still a super fun road though. love the heaved up hairpin turn with the picnic spot, dinner and a show.