Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Day Trippin'
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2010, 02:03 PM   #16
gati
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Thanks for sharing your journey with us; it's a shame you couldn't keep riding north in order to complete the Transfagarasan route and that you didn't get to see Balea well, but that's just extra reasons to go back!
BTW, fantastic pictures. Especially your pleasant encounter with the horses.
gati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 03:25 PM   #17
achesley
Old Motorcyclist

Oddometer: 3,384
Fantastic pictures of a beautiful place. Thanks for all the work of sharing your ride with us that will never see it any other way.

A '00 KLR 650 38,000 miles, A '07 1250S 75,000 actual, A '03 5.3L Chevy Truck 75,000 + '43 style dude , Simper Fi ;-)
achesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 01:08 PM   #18
KTManiac OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by klaviator
??????Something you're not very good at???? I can't wait to see the pics you take when you figure out where to go/look!!

Awesome pics and scenery. Thanks for letting me see a part of the world I will probably never get to see for myself.
What I meant was that this time, I went for the obvious, the place everyone in Romania knows about, the place everyone goes to. I know there are lots of other amazing places, that fewer people know about, that are most probably hiding at the end of unpaved, less used roads. I'm not too good at finding those places, but all the kind comments I received for this ride report made me start thinking about exploring more...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gati
Thanks for sharing your journey with us; it's a shame you couldn't keep riding north in order to complete the Transfagarasan route and that you didn't get to see Balea well, but that's just extra reasons to go back!
BTW, fantastic pictures. Especially your pleasant encounter with the horses.
Right, I'll definitely be back there! As for the horse, although it's a bike forum, I'll share a couple extra pics with you guys :

I saw the horses the first time while climbing. They were by the side of the road.

When I came back, I was planning to stop closer to them and make better pictures. But I found they had change location :

I wonder what the guys in the caravan were thinking then...

KTManiac screwed with this post 08-19-2010 at 01:22 PM
KTManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 01:56 PM   #19
Truck115
Adventurer

Oddometer: 74
I really enjoyed your ride report, those were some awesome pictures. Don't think I have ever seen pictures of Romania. That road up the mountain looks like way too much fun. Keep up the good work, hopefully you get out again soon.
Truck115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 02:19 PM   #20
TallRob
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,395
man, that road, first time I saw it was on an episode of Top Gear.....Hilarious BTW! gotta see it if you can!
TallRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 08:04 AM   #21
KTManiac OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 29
Top gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallRob
man, that road, first time I saw it was on an episode of Top Gear.....Hilarious BTW! gotta see it if you can!
Yep. Type "top gear transfagarasan" on youtube.
KTManiac is offline   Reply With Quote