Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2011, 12:23 PM   #556
Underground
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokopelli View Post

You are so lucky to be able to ride there.
I ride there quite often
Padmei, you almost got my house in shot #9 just pan left a bit and look into the far distance.
Shoulda stopped by for a coffee.
Good skils with the battery box, I'm doing something similar with alloy and its a bitch to bend but the good thing is I get to go for a long motorbike ride to get someone to weld it.
Dommie by sea http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=843646
Underground is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:48 PM   #557
Padmei OP
enamoured

Oddometer: 3,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokopelli View Post
Is there a smilely with a tear in one eye? It's poetry.......

You are so lucky to be able to ride there. I've never had the time to go up that way. Early Jan. my wife and I will head to Cromwell, it's unlikely we'll make it this time, but you'll never know.

However, I'll make a special effort to ride the Nevis this time.
Being a Jafa I truly appreciate what I have going on down here. You also have an amazing place to call home. My bro just sold his house at Muriwai & I spent many weekends mountainbiking thru Woodhill (& filling up with stuffed spuds at the Huapai bakery)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underground View Post
I ride there quite often
Padmei, you almost got my house in shot #9 just pan left a bit and look into the far distance.
Shoulda stopped by for a coffee.
Good skils with the battery box, I'm doing something similar with alloy and its a bitch to bend but the good thing is I get to go for a long motorbike ride to get someone to weld it.
Cheers.
I was tempted to turn off & see if I could find your bus I'll def shoot out there again over the holidays & will give you some warning to put the jug on.
Who does your ali welding for you? Cliff from fabriweld does a pretty good job - there's always some kind of speedway car there to oogle too.
Padmei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 01:03 PM   #558
NZnic
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padmei View Post
The roads out to French Pass, sealed & unsealed are outstanding. Not nessarily their surface, but in the environment they travel thru, the incredible vistas & of course their degree of awesometwistiness.

Probably the best ride I've had in a long time
Nice! Methinks I should make time to head out there when I am down south in after Christmas. How much time would I need to head out and back? Is the route an obvious one?

cheers
nic
NZnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:45 PM   #559
Padmei OP
enamoured

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZnic View Post
Nice! Methinks I should make time to head out there when I am down south in after Christmas. How much time would I need to head out and back? Is the route an obvious one?

cheers
nic
Hey Nic
From Nelson about 2hrs each way not stopping. You can get an ice cream & stuff at Okiwi bay & probably gas (they have a sign out there but not sure if tht's a guarantee)
If you have a looksie on google maps you'll see the roads out to the sounds. You can't really go wrong as they are pretty much there & back routes.
If you want an absolutely fantastic ride & stay the night somewhere check out Hopewell Backpackers. Absolutely fantastic place. they have been voted consistently top 3 backpackers in NZ (they have cabins, self contained & do gourmet pizzas & complimentry mussels or self caterings) They are on the end of the Kenepuru Sounds. Took Mrs Padmei out there on the bike & we loved it - totallyawesomerelaxation

If you're interested in rides around the top of the south island have a looksie at my other thread . You can't go wrong really with any riding around here. Dry, dusty & twisty is usually the norm up here

After xmas you say... Ever tried beach racing????

The only things I miss about the Nth Island are surfing Piha, Kebab kid in Parnell & mountainbiking in WHAKA forrest- oh yeah good times
Old 12-02-2011, 01:02 AM   #560
Padmei OP
enamoured

This is a bikw i'd like schmidtty to look like
http://www.ebay.de/itm/BMW-R-80-100-...item2eb98b4fa0

Anyone know how to copy pics from ebay onto here?
Old 12-02-2011, 01:09 AM   #561
Kokopelli
Yeah, right!

Oddometer: 4,600
I think you'll have to save it first and then upload it to photo bucket. I stumbled across that a couple of days ago, while looking for airhead parts. I am happy to translate smaller sections, but Google might be enough to get the gist.
Kokopelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 01:51 AM   #562
Box'a'bits
In need of repair

Oddometer: 2,148
Quote:
This is a bikw i'd like schmidtty to look like
http://www.ebay.de/itm/BMW-R-80-100-...item2eb98b4fa0

Anyone know how to copy pics from ebay onto here?
I was going to point this out when I first saw this, but thought, no, Padmei is going for an old Enduro look

All looks pretty acheivable from your base. The rear guard & light is off a KTM (just like my old 640a). . I got up a transalation this am, but didn't keep it. Google doesn't want to translate for me just now.

BTW, do you want to sell any bits from Schmidtty, or are you keeping them. the guy I sold to might be interested, especially the rear guard, seat, sidecovers etc.

It's just better when there's twins involved....
Box'a'bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 01:57 AM   #563
NordieBoy
Armature speller

Oddometer: 7,132
Nice and cleanly done. Except for sticker overload on the front end...
NordieBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 12:54 PM   #564
Padmei OP
enamoured

How did you upload the pics? I tried on photobucket by copying the url of an individual pic & pasting where appropriate but came up as incorrect???
I used Google transate for the first time last nite - what a fantaastic thing!
Essentially the translate didn't come up with anything really interesting. I do like the seat & rear subframe. I'll work on that next year.
I think I will keep the spare parts for now & maybe sell when dollars get tight.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:57 PM   #565
Box'a'bits
In need of repair

Quote:
How did you upload the pics? I tried on photobucket by copying the url of an individual pic & pasting where appropriate but came up as incorrect???
Right click on the picture you want to save, hit 'save picture as' to your computer, select the location, then save. Then upload to photobucket or whatever.

Old 12-02-2011, 01:02 PM   #566
Padmei OP
enamoured

Ah easy! I was trying to get rid of the middleman.
Schmidts gonna be tinsled up for the Ulysses toy run today. It's a quite cool feeling riding over the brow of Bishopdale hill here & seeing a kilometre of bikes ahead of you. My girls really love it, as do the public- great PR (except there is always someone scowling in a 4wd that tries to wedge himself in & write off a few bikes on the way)
Old 12-03-2011, 03:47 AM   #567
ztaj
jatz

Oddometer: 916
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWRSNUT View Post

If your after this sort of look Padders I have a brand new Mair(?) rear gaurd and I could probly rustle up an old DR numberplate/rear light hanger type thingy,
ztaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 01:32 PM   #568
Padmei OP
enamoured

Thanks jatz & welsome home.
I will stick to the rear guard I've got but make a shortened subframe. If you have some peanut valve covers for $20 ea I'll pick them up.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:55 AM   #569
Padmei OP
enamoured

OK competition time.

1st. Who is the sexiest, coolest female drummer ever?

2nd. What car had a skull & crossbones on its speedo when you went past 200kms/h?

3rd. I challenge anyone out there to SUCCESSFULLY change a Dunlop 606 tube & tyre on a BMWR80GS WITHOUT the use of any tricky gadgets- just 2 or 3 tyre irons - ie. in field conditions.

The winner of this competition will win a chocolate fish. Also if the tyre change is done within 24hrs they will be flown all expenses to Las Vegas to be awarded said chocloate fish by Siegfreid & Roy's white tiger.

I think I'm pretty safe with that...

So anyway guess what I was doing for the last 4 hours?
Give you a clue- stuffed back, irritation levels going way past the red & a purple thumbnail.

Swapped the 606s over between the green piece of shit & Schmiddty. Also took off the good rear knob & put on a crappy knob for normal Hira forest duties.
I was stretching the usual 18inch tube around the front rim & nek minnit the rim had changed to a 21inch mofo. WTF???
Thought I had better stop & have some din dins then.
I started the green piece of shit up & annoyed the neighbours big time with its really obnoxiously loud exhaust roaring up & down the driveway. Frick me does it have some power I near cacked my daks when the front wheel went up.

oooohhhh I bettter have my milo & try to relax.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:16 AM   #570
Box'a'bits
In need of repair

Quote:
I challenge anyone out there to SUCCESSFULLY change a Dunlop 606 tube & tyre on a BMWR80GS WITHOUT the use of any tricky gadgets- just 2 or 3 tyre irons - ie. in field conditions.
Break the bead with the car jack & towball. Polish (inside) the rims, & it'll seat (& unseat) much easier. Worked for me...

Caroline Corr?