Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > New Zealand
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2011, 05:50 PM   #586
Padmei OP
enamoured

Oddometer: 3,564
Breathers for the final drive - options? Anyone?
Padmei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 06:09 PM   #587
NordieBoy
Armature speller

Oddometer: 7,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padmei View Post
The thought of contesting in this arena slowly withdraws back into the shadows for another year...
The thought of having to do 3 proper race meetings just to be able to enter gives me the shits too.
NordieBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 02:05 AM   #588
Box'a'bits
In need of repair

Oddometer: 2,144
Padmei, I made a couple of purchases off Trade Me today from a fellow in Waikanae that had rebuilt a '78 R100RS. He's since sold that, but has a stack of spares that he looking to move on, including gearbox measuring plate & output flange removal tools (homemade), exhaust nut spanner, starter motor (not sure if Bosch or Valeo), alternator, etc etc. Can put you in touch if these are of any interest? Some I might have taken, but...

Good luck with your ride tomorrow. I'll think of you as I trudge into the office. Not telling what kind of thoughts though...

It's just better when there's twins involved....
Box'a'bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 02:14 AM   #589
Eddieb
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 942
Padders, this is you're sort of thread: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=750067

www.AdventureRidingNZ.co.nz Free GPS tracks for New Zealand & more
www.FlyingtheChair.co.nz - NZ sidecar forums
Eddieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 11:07 AM   #590
Padmei OP
enamoured

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWRSNUT View Post
Padmei, I made a couple of purchases off Trade Me today from a fellow in Waikanae that had rebuilt a '78 R100RS. He's since sold that, but has a stack of spares that he looking to move on, including gearbox measuring plate & output flange removal tools (homemade), exhaust nut spanner, starter motor (not sure if Bosch or Valeo), alternator, etc etc. Can put you in touch if these are of any interest? Some I might have taken, but...

Good luck with your ride tomorrow. I'll think of you as I trudge into the office. Not telling what kind of thoughts though...
Hmmmm. Not a good time to tell me that - I've taken a semi vow to stop my rampant consumerism. From now on it's 'doing more with less'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddieb View Post
Padders, this is you're sort of thread: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=750067
Posted bro
Old 12-27-2011, 11:15 AM   #591
Padmei OP
enamoured

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWRSNUT View Post

Actually yeah if you could pm his email. After my clutch cable broke the other day I was bummed it happened on a stat day. Luckily looking in my spares I found 2 old ones I could use.

The power of hoarding paid dividends.

The day dawned warm & still here in the seaside village of Nelson. Had our merry band of adv bikers any inkling of what the Molesworth would have destined for them later on that morning then they quite happily would have stayed tucked beneath the sheets of their warm safe bed .................................................. .......................

Padmei screwed with this post 12-28-2011 at 12:18 AM
Old 12-28-2011, 12:51 AM   #592
NordieBoy
Armature speller

Attached Images

NordieBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 01:40 AM   #593
Kokopelli
Yeah, right!

Oddometer: 4,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by NordieBoy View Post
Ouch, I hope there was no pain involved.
Kokopelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 01:58 AM   #594
Box'a'bits
In need of repair

Oddometer: 2,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padmei View Post
Had our merry band of adv bikers any inkling of what the Molesworth would have destined for them later on that morning then they quite happily would have stayed tucked beneath the sheets of their warm safe bed .................................................. .......................
Didn't our hero listen to the Narrator? You made it back to Nelson, so that's got to be a good thing. How many successful rides have you done on Schmidtty since he arrived at Casa Del Crayfish? I'd venture to suggest the average is in the negative?

It's just better when there's twins involved....
Box'a'bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 02:17 AM   #595
NordieBoy
Armature speller

The worst bit is the narrator going quiet and the creepy suspenseful music starting up...
Old 12-28-2011, 02:22 AM   #596
Eddieb
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 942
Holy crap, what are you doing taking that line Padders?

www.AdventureRidingNZ.co.nz Free GPS tracks for New Zealand & more
www.FlyingtheChair.co.nz - NZ sidecar forums
Eddieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 02:33 AM   #597
NordieBoy
Armature speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddieb View Post
Holy crap, what are you doing taking that line Padders?
Remember the bit about going where you look?
Old 12-28-2011, 02:33 AM   #598
innathyzit
AKA Woodman

Oddometer: 938
We think he got distracted by the ladies.
innathyzit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 11:03 AM   #599
NordieBoy
Armature speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by innathyzit View Post
We think he got distracted by the ladies.
He says he was looking for Pete, but Pete was behind him. The ladies were in front to the right and with Padders's sense of direction, got target fixation...
Old 12-28-2011, 07:25 PM   #600
Padmei OP
enamoured

Molesworth to Hanmer December 2011

The 28th of December is a celebratory indeed when one of New Zealands iconic stations opens its' access road to the general public for a month or two. The Molesworth Station is situated south of Blenheim at the top of the south Island. It stretches southward 80kms or so petering out in the hills above Hanmer, Godzone version of a alpine resort town.
For its location on a relatively small thin Pacfic Island, the Molesworth road permits the natives a chance to wind out down a dry dusty gravel road in an environment not often experienced in this otherwise green lush land

To join me on this trip were fellow NADS Nordie & Woodman leaving from Nelson. We would pick up Pete-blen from the Blenheim chapter (BADS) as we passed thru Beavertown.

Gassed & prepared for a long day we cruised along Taylors pass road. From suburbia we wove a trail thru roads up & out of Blenheim. Purple lupins & orange asteralias bordered the sides of the road. Pete's Yammy XT660 pipes burbled in front of me as he ducked behind the pygmy grass around a corner ahead, to pop out further up.

Big fat fluffy bees splattered onto visors as if on cue we passed the honey factory. The flow must be on.

It was a magnificent morning already & we weren't even off the tarseal. Dropping down from Taylors Pass ahead of us the Awatere valley opened up.Above us a hawk lazily glided marking our progress.

After a while we reached the junction with Awetere valley rd & began our approach in earnest towards the entrance of the Molesworth. Along the Awetere Valley there is the most intensive grape cultivation I've witnessed. Far ahead pockets of snow sitting atop Mount Tapuae-o-Uenuku will melt with these warm temperatures & soon enough end up captured in bottles of Savvy Blanc heading to supermarkets worldwide.

Further along a frustrated farmer barred from the local golf club had created his own green to rival any in these parts.

The sun mercifully stayed behind the high clouds allowing us respite from the often excessive heat this region can experience. We travelled beside the river a while

Over many small bridges (pete plen)

& along the roads we were waiting for

Finally we came to a nice spot to stop for a bite, drink & photoshoot

Eventually we arrived at the entry of the Molesworth - a simple gate with a sign. We passed thru it & quietly motored towrds the Cob cottage.