ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2012, 07:37 PM   #1606
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,808
rkclm welcome to the ADV fun. Watch for meetups and join in when we get together. Our meetups are random when ever someone decides it's time to get together and throws out an idea.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:54 PM   #1607
PNW Buttercup OP
Dancing with dirt roads..

Oddometer: 1,757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048 View Post
PNW Buttercup is good at finding those hidden treasures, she makes a good pointer and I know she would like this route. Where the heck is that girl anyway.

Pointer.... heheh....

I call it intuitive treasure hunting.... whatever works!~

I'm alive... slowly coming out of hibernation.....
PNW Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:40 PM   #1608
rkclm
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
Thanks for the welcome

My bike is running around on a truck someplace between here and Georgia. With any amount of luck it will be here soon.
rkclm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 04:56 AM   #1609
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

When your bike arrives be sure to take pictures and post them so we call all see it. Does it have an arrival date or is it on the "any day now" plan?
Old 03-20-2012, 12:18 PM   #1610
IdahoRenegade
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048 View Post
Good idea. We just need someone to teach it that will present the information at a level that we can all understand. The last GPS mapping/use class I attended was so over my head I walked away feeling like I had been fed a tub full of mush. I think I went backward about 15 steps in knowledge.

We also need to do a few geocache rides this season. Yesterday I did a 125 mile geocache loop (in my pickup) that I would like to take a group on. It's mostly paved but back roads and I need help finding the geocaches because out of the 10 or so caches I was going after I only found one. PNW Buttercup is good at finding those hidden treasures, she makes a good pointer and I know she would like this route. Where the heck is that girl anyway.
When and where, oh Dear Leader? The weather report for the next week looks pretty disgusting, this weekend might be a good time to meet for lunch, play with GPSs and computers, then do a geocache or two. Know any resturants that offer wi-fi that would put up with us?
IdahoRenegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:50 PM   #1611
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

I'm out for the next two weekends. This weekend I'm headed to Riggins, ID to pickup the Superbug I'm excited to see what Sasquatch - http://www.sasquatchrider.com/products.html has done to it. It's a great bike for me but I overload it something fierce and he has the fix for it. Everyone I know that has had Sasquatch do their suspensions have been happy with them so I know I will be too.

The weekend after that is the Desert 100 - http://stumpjumpers.org/desert100/ think about doing it Saturday there are rides for everyone: They have a family poker run, an Ironman poker run and a dual sport ride. I'll be doing the dual sport ride.

Sunday is the race and the start is by far the most exciting race start I have ever seen. It's better than a great hole shot during a supercross, motorcross, flat track, whatever.

Best of all my favorite race team will be racing on Sunday. All the members of Outta Sight Racing will be out there. Oregon Coast will be riding his '72 Honda SL350 meanwhile Luke, LCGarage, and Kootenai Rider will be riding modern bikes in the race. I'll be doing what I do best, trying to stay out of their way and watching from the sidelines. Loud Al will be out there documenting the entire thing in photographs. Speaking of Loud Al one of the photos he took there last year was selected for use on the race flier. I'm proud of my buddy and his photography skills.

There is camping out at the race track where the majority of people camp however very few tent camp. There is also camping at the city park in town where Airheadbruce plans to be. It's quieter there.

Did I convince you to go? The other selling point of doing one of the rides Sat. at the D100 is you get to ride areas that you are not able to ride any other time of the year. For this one weekend they have received special permission to ride otherwise closed off areas.

Ladybug0048 screwed with this post 03-20-2012 at 08:12 PM
Old 03-20-2012, 07:59 PM   #1612
Kootenai Rider
Displaced Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,263
Well said Ladybug....

I'm out the next two weeks too. This weekend I'm headed to China.

Next weekend I'm arriving back in town Saturday so I can race the D100 on Sunday....assuming my trip doesn't get extended.

2012 KTM 250XC-W "Ginger"
Kootenai Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:16 PM   #1613
IdahoRenegade
Beastly Adventurer

LB, I hope you're happy with Superbug! I hear great things about Sasquatch's work. I know the mods the RaceTech dealer in Hayden did to my DR transformed the bike.

Have a great trip.

KR...a flight from China Saturday, followed by a race on Sunday? Ouch! Good thing you're still young. Good luck on both counts.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:26 PM   #1614
DiamondLie
Banned

Oddometer: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoRenegade View Post
I know the mods the RaceTech dealer in Hayden did to my DR transformed the bike.
So...you're happy with C&M's work? I am thinking about taking in my DRZ for new springs and valve work but having a hard time biting the bullet with the cost associated. If I knew that Mike was literally some sort of suspension wizard that might influence my decision!
DiamondLie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:32 PM   #1615
IdahoRenegade
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondLie View Post
So...you're happy with C&M's work? I am thinking about taking in my DRZ for new springs and valve work but having a hard time biting the bullet with the cost associated. If I knew that Mike was literally some sort of suspension wizard that might influence my decision!
Honestly...I'm not experienced enough with different suspensions to compare his work to that of others. I know he made my DR work much better than stock, and was fast. The parts came in when he said they would, I dropped off the shock after work one night, it was done the next day. Same with the forks. Gold valve, custom stack and spring on the shock, Emulators and new springs on the forks. IIRC it ran ~$800 all together, maybe a bit more.

I was heading out for a week long backcountry camping trip when I decided to upgrade. I didn't want to ship the shock and forks out and wait a few weeks to get them back, hence Mike. I'm happy, but can't say another guy wouldn't have done a comparable or better job. I'm happy with the results and do recommend him, someone with more experience might give you better input.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:22 PM   #1616
dillon
Low Speed, High Drag

Oddometer: 1,657
GPS?! Im all about my Silva and a 250* Quad...
Old 03-22-2012, 08:29 AM   #1617
Kootenai Rider
Displaced Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by dillon View Post
GPS?
What is these GPS you talk of?

2012 KTM 250XC-W "Ginger"
Kootenai Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:29 AM   #1618
IdahoRenegade
Beastly Adventurer

global warming-my azz!

It's starting to look alot like last year...when the heck will this white crap be out of the mountains this year???

IdahoRenegade screwed with this post 03-22-2012 at 08:57 AM
Old 03-22-2012, 08:33 AM   #1619
moto-treks
Back Home

Oddometer: 1,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootenai Rider View Post
What is these GPS you talk of?
Gnarly Physical Sports

Moto-Treks
moto-treks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:21 AM   #1620
kimel
I hit what?

Oddometer: 210
If it warms up as fast as some are predicting, too fast. More flooding we don't need. Have to get a canoe to get to work.
kimel is offline   Reply With Quote