ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2012, 07:28 PM   #1666
PNW Buttercup OP
Dancing with dirt roads..

Oddometer: 1,756
Good Gracious! I just wanted to ride up as far as I could into the canyons, take a few pics and try the next one... Not much of a man's ride therefore the invite to LB..... Sight seeing and a reason to ride... go up see things, come down, see the things you missed on the first pass.....
PNW Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:35 AM   #1667
Rainier_Rider
Gone

Oddometer: 1,560
Yup on ID being R-1.

My observations since I've been way up here:
There's a lot of un-mapped/un-published trails.
Abandoned roads with the culverts pulled, but mostly still two wheel ride-able.

The Lower Kaniksu District (Bonners) has a lot more roads & trails open for bikes than ATV's.

Hooves are legal anywhere your shoes are.

The ATV crowd bombs cross-country with chain saws, cuts around gates etc.

I'd bet there's a way over, but not 'til July/August or so.

R-6 (WA anyway) is retarded when it comes to MVUM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoRenegade View Post
Idaho is still region one, I believe. I've poured over the MVUM and visitior maps looking for a way through, I don't believe that there is one.
Kaniksu zone, back side. There are a number of roads/trails that come close, and there is state land on the West side, which is much more motorized friendly.

I have been told that it is passable (but not legal) to go through by Caribou Lake. I need to dig up some old visitor's maps.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:40 PM   #1668
IdahoRenegade
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,369
The World Jet Boat Race Finals will begin in St. Maries on the St. Joe River and run April 14 and 15.
Don Hanks, Dale Hill, Sue Shoemaker, Judy Hanks, Scott Martin, Denny Dunn, Shirley Ackerman and Doug Martin are several of the committee leaders for the World Jet Boat Race in St. Maries in April. Photo courtesy of the St. Maries Gazette Record.

The official race course will be from the former Idaho Forest Industries landing to just before the Calder Bridge. Racers will compete four legs, two up and two down.
And, in usual St. Maries style, we’re not just hosting a jet boat race, we’re celebrating the entire weekend. Racers will be welcomed to St. Maries with a party for race crews, family and staff the Thursday before the races begin.
Friday will feature a community breakfast, racer registration safety inspections, a community dinner, a “Show and Shine” boat show, fireworks and a family dance.
Breakfast for the entire town will be offered both Saturday and Sunday before the event. Races run from 9 a.m. to about 3 p.m.

http://www.inidaho.com/Guides/events...es/default.asp
IdahoRenegade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:43 PM   #1669
kimel
I hit what?

Oddometer: 209
Hope that isn't a recent pic or they will need to borrow an ice breaker from the Coast Guard first.
kimel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 06:39 AM   #1670
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,601
That would be a good thing to post in Tiny Town Events thread:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=765300
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:52 AM   #1671
thetourist
Just passing thru

Oddometer: 3,893
Glassman was just talking to me about those boat races. They go to Riggins, also.

I heard the road to Milltown was under water last week. Is the flooding going to be a problem?

Supposed to be nice weather this coming week. Maybe a trip up the Joe is in order.
thetourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:38 PM   #1672
glassman64
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 224
The folks I work with have a place on the St Joe about 9 miles up river from St Maries....... they said the river went way down,,, they were able to drive into their place this last weekend,,,,, a big difference from the week before , the road on the south side of the river out to their place was underwater.........looks like good weather for the most part thru the week..... and pretty fair for the weekend of the boat races..
glassman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:42 PM   #1673
glassman64
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetourist View Post
Glassman was just talking to me about those boat races. They go to Riggins, also.

I heard the road to Milltown was under water last week. Is the flooding going to be a problem?

Supposed to be nice weather this coming week. Maybe a trip up the Joe is in order.
I suppose now i need to get my sh** together and get the XL out and everything together........
I think I just happen to know someone that has the property that we could camp out on,,, if need be.....

just beware,,,,, there would be alot of drinkin goin on there.... lol
glassman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:39 PM   #1674
Live2Ride
Not Famous

Oddometer: 3,819
The water by our shop (south end of CDA lake) is about at summer level as of today.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:09 PM   #1675
WU7X
The Old Fart

Oddometer: 1,940
Dillon came up and said hello this afternoon. I think we get along so well because both our bikes are painted black. Makes them faster you know.

He promised to give me a hand with my wiring issues and enriching the carbs a bit. Then Fiona will be off and running for the summer!
"
Adventure is worthwhile." ~ Aristotle
Airhead #14449
WU7X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:54 PM   #1676
Slice_Man
Okie dokie

Oddometer: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by WU7X View Post
Dillon came up and said hello this afternoon. I think we get along so well because both our bikes are painted black. Makes them faster you know.

He promised to give me a hand with my wiring issues and enriching the carbs a bit. Then Fiona will be off and running for the summer!
NO WAY. Being Black doesn't make you faster. All that means is that you can jump Higher. Now My Goldwing has nice shiny CHROME mufflers from a Harley Davidson, and that is what makes it faster. The more chrome the more horsepower, and don't cry to me about weight to power ratios, because we all know that is crap! Loud Cams Saves Lives.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:37 AM   #1677
dillon
Low Speed, High Drag

Oddometer: 1,646
well my bike does jump quite high, and if we can learn anything from the KLR600, its that loud cams do indeed save lives, it saved mine a few times. And of course HD guys have it right, more noise and more bling with obnoxious ammounts of weight=fast.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:42 PM   #1678
Kootenai Rider
Displaced Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoRenegade View Post
The World Jet Boat Race Finals will begin in St. Maries on the St. Joe River and run April 14 and 15.
Don Hanks, Dale Hill, Sue Shoemaker, Judy Hanks, Scott Martin, Denny Dunn, Shirley Ackerman and Doug Martin are several of the committee leaders for the World Jet Boat Race in St. Maries in April. Photo courtesy of the St. Maries Gazette Record.

The official race course will be from the former Idaho Forest Industries landing to just before the Calder Bridge. Racers will compete four legs, two up and two down.
And, in usual St. Maries style, we’re not just hosting a jet boat race, we’re celebrating the entire weekend. Racers will be welcomed to St. Maries with a party for race crews, family and staff the Thursday before the races begin.
Friday will feature a community breakfast, racer registration safety inspections, a community dinner, a “Show and Shine” boat show, fireworks and a family dance.
Breakfast for the entire town will be offered both Saturday and Sunday before the event. Races run from 9 a.m. to about 3 p.m.

http://www.inidaho.com/Guides/events...es/default.asp
I'm headed down Saturday night with a buddy of mine... we'll be there all day Sunday.

2012 KTM 250XC-W "Ginger"
Kootenai Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:56 PM   #1679
WU7X
The Old Fart

Oddometer: 1,940
Quote:
Originally Posted by dillon View Post
well my bike does jump quite high, and if we can learn anything from the KLR600, its that loud cams do indeed save lives, it saved mine a few times. And of course HD guys have it right, more noise and more bling with obnoxious ammounts of weight=fast.
Hey Dillon, How about Sat. from 10 on to 4, or any time Sun.?
"
Adventure is worthwhile." ~ Aristotle
Airhead #14449
WU7X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:34 PM   #1680
IdahoRenegade
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootenai Rider View Post
I'm headed down Saturday night with a buddy of mine... we'll be there all day Sunday.
I want to...still haven't decided for sure. You riding or caging?
IdahoRenegade is online now   Reply With Quote