ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2012, 10:18 AM   #1876
NorthIdaHozer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048 View Post
Someone hasn't learned about sharing. Guess you'll have to take that ride again and invite the rest of us this time. Did you do the dirt route or the paved route?
We took the dirt route in and come out on the pavement. I had to test out my lean angle on that dommie.
NorthIdaHozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:37 AM   #1877
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,512
Cool. We all need to get together and go for an ice cream ride sometime this summer and use that route.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:08 PM   #1878
PNW Buttercup OP
Dancing with dirt roads..

Oddometer: 1,756
oooh! oooh! Take me LB I wanna go too!

...was there mention of ice cream?
PNW Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:24 PM   #1879
IdahoRenegade
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,294
Quote:
That sounds like fun. You'll have to share the route with me after you finish your scouting ride.
What is this SHARE of which you speak?

You could just load up the Bug and come along!

BTW, an ice cream ride sounds like a great idea.
IdahoRenegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:19 PM   #1880
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

I might just do that as long as you guys aren't in a hurry.

An Ice Cream ride to Harrison will definitely need to be worked on. Stop for ice cream, ride around the lake, stop at Frednecks for an early dinner. Is there a dirt route around the lake?
Old 06-12-2012, 04:37 PM   #1881
Strave19
n00b savant

Oddometer: 77
Anybody know if the St Joe river road is open all the way from Avery to St Regis yet?
Old 06-12-2012, 10:27 PM   #1882
IdahoRenegade
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
I might just do that as long as you guys aren't in a hurry.

An Ice Cream ride to Harrison will definitely need to be worked on. Stop for ice cream, ride around the lake, stop at Frednecks for an early dinner. Is there a dirt route around the lake?
Good question. I know there is dirt from Beauty Bay to Harrison! I want to take some time and look for a dirt route that would parallel hwy 3 the rest of the way to St. Maries.
Old 06-13-2012, 03:58 AM   #1883
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Fred would know. Maybe Kootenai Rider has contact information for him and can find out for us.

Junior, can you contact Fred and see what he says about dirt routes from Harrison to St. Maries? Maybe he would ride along and lead us. I haven't seen him on here in ages so I'm guessing a PM wouldn't work.
Old 06-13-2012, 07:05 AM   #1884
LetItRoll
ForwardAholic

Oddometer: 92
Back at the start of this thread, a few were talking about the LeClerc road from Newport up to Metaline Falls (through sullivan lake) I am trying to find a way from the Newport/priest river area up to Metaline Falls, and right now It looks like this way might be my best option. I would like to verify the approx. mileage through that way,(looks like maybe 60ish). I prefer dirt roads, or low traffic back paved roads, but need a fairly direct route. Posted speed limit(s) that way?
Thanks in advance.
LetItRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 07:16 AM   #1885
IdahoRenegade
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetItRoll View Post
Back at the start of this thread, a few were talking about the LeClerc road from Newport up to Metaline Falls (through sullivan lake) I am trying to find a way from the Newport/priest river area up to Metaline Falls, and right now It looks like this way might be my best option. I would like to verify the approx. mileage through that way,(looks like maybe 60ish). I prefer dirt roads, or low traffic back paved roads, but need a fairly direct route. Posted speed limit(s) that way?
Thanks in advance.
Looks like that's the back road that parallels the Pend Orielle river, opposite HWY 20. I'm not by any means positive, but I thought that was paved. Looks like a good little road to explore and it's only a few miles from my place. Anyone up for a ride this weekend??? Looks like it wouldn't be too hard to cross back over the border and run down through Nordman.
Old 06-13-2012, 07:35 AM   #1886
IdahoRenegade
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strave19 View Post
Anybody know if the St Joe river road is open all the way from Avery to St Regis yet?
No idea, but I'll try to find out. I need to talk to the forest service about Slate Creek road and find out if it's passable as well.

On a related note, has anyone been over Johnson Saddle and dropped down into Clark Fork yet? That's always a nice ride. Also, how about Thompson Pass, between Thompson Falls and Murray?
Old 06-13-2012, 10:28 AM   #1887
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoRenegade View Post
Looks like that's the back road that parallels the Pend Orielle river, opposite HWY 20. I'm not by any means positive, but I thought that was paved. Looks like a good little road to explore and it's only a few miles from my place. Anyone up for a ride this weekend??? Looks like it wouldn't be too hard to cross back over the border and run down through Nordman.
Yes Leclere creek rd. is the E. side of the river and is paved. It's a nice ride and there is a cool cave/grotto about 8-10 miles N. of the Usk bridge. My mileage might be off on that.

From Priest River to Metalline another good ride is to Nordman/Priest Lake continue N. then cut over to Sullivan Lake. I'm at work and my maps aren't in front of me to give better directions right now. It's paved up past Nordman then dirt to Metaline. A stop at Granite Falls is a nice break.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:14 AM   #1888
IdahoRenegade
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Yes Leclere creek rd. is the E. side of the river and is paved. It's a nice ride and there is a cool cave/grotto about 8-10 miles N. of the Usk bridge. My mileage might be off on that.

From Priest River to Metalline another good ride is to Nordman/Priest Lake continue N. then cut over to Sullivan Lake. I'm at work and my maps aren't in front of me to give better directions right now. It's paved up past Nordman then dirt to Metaline. A stop at Granite Falls is a nice break.
Saturday or Sunday?
Old 06-13-2012, 01:31 PM   #1889
Kootenai Rider
Displaced Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,258
Ladybug....Fred who? I am drawing a blank right now....

2012 KTM 250XC-W "Ginger"
Kootenai Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:42 PM   #1890
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

This probably isn't the best pic of him to re-post but it was the first one I came across. You took him out, broke him, now deny knowing him?