ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2012, 03:41 PM   #1891
IdahoRenegade
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048 View Post
This probably isn't the best pic of him to re-post but it was the first one I came across. You took him out, broke him, now deny knowing him?
Rut-ro. Looks like that one hurt. Is there something I should know about riding with KR???? At least they didn't leave him in the woods.
IdahoRenegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:38 PM   #1892
Kootenai Rider
Displaced Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,258
Quote:
This probably isn't the best pic of him to re-post but it was the first one I came across. You took him out, broke him, now deny knowing him?

Oh, that Fred....My bad. I'll look around, but I don't think I do. I'll check with David (Mutt2Jeff)

2012 KTM 250XC-W "Ginger"
Kootenai Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:43 PM   #1893
Kootenai Rider
Displaced Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoRenegade View Post
Rut-ro. Looks like that one hurt. Is there something I should know about riding with KR???? At least they didn't leave him in the woods.
I was riding behind him. Mr. Wheelie king popped a wheelie then it went awry. I had no involvement other than helping get his bike stashed and leaving him in the care of some complete strangers.

Old 06-14-2012, 03:17 PM   #1894
Strave19
n00b savant

Oddometer: 77
St Joe River Rd is still snowed in toward the top, (mile marker 86 maybe?). Finally got ahold of someone at the ranger station. Bummer! I was planning on taking that road this weekend on my way to Glacier. Anybody know if the prospect creek road/thomson falls rd is open? I cant find anything online and have never been on it before... I basically want to avoid I90 and get from Pullman to Glacier NP without a huge backtrack like going via Lolo...

PS I'll be on a street bike (kz650) and need to get there in 8hrs or so (this is day 1 of a 16 day trip...)
Old 06-14-2012, 03:30 PM   #1895
BenFongTorres
Banned

Oddometer: 831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strave19 View Post
St Joe River Rd is still snowed in toward the top, (mile marker 86 maybe?). Finally got ahold of someone at the ranger station. Bummer! I was planning on taking that road this weekend on my way to Glacier. Anybody know if the prospect creek road/thomson falls rd is open? I cant find anything online and have never been on it before... I basically want to avoid I90 and get from Pullman to Glacier NP without a huge backtrack like going via Lolo...

PS I'll be on a street bike (kz650) and need to get there in 8hrs or so (this is day 1 of a 16 day trip...)
You could always go up North and just follow HWY 2 across to the park. Beautiful country all the way. Take a bit of a detour and jump on 37 around the East side of Lake Koocanusa if ya want more miles/smiles.
BenFongTorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 03:53 PM   #1896
Strave19
n00b savant

Oddometer: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denial9xs View Post
You could always go up North and just follow HWY 2 across to the park. Beautiful country all the way. Take a bit of a detour and jump on 37 around the East side of Lake Koocanusa if ya want more miles/smiles.
I think I might do just that. Hwy 2 only puts me at like 30 more miles than my original route (no biggie) and I've actually never been on that section.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:13 PM   #1897
DrStrangeride
Let them Eat Roost

Oddometer: 136
Quote:
Fred would know. Maybe Kootenai Rider has contact information for him and can find out for us.

Junior, can you contact Fred and see what he says about dirt routes from Harrison to St. Maries? Maybe he would ride along and lead us. I haven't seen him on here in ages so I'm guessing a PM wouldn't work.
Ladybug you are right. Have not plugged in for some time. Have great all dirt routes around Lake CDA, but I am unable to attach *.kmz files. Did a 250 miler around the lake in 6.5 hrs last year w/ a buddy, but I didn't break any bones.

Remember Canfield>4th of July>Harrison w/Raineer Rider a few yrs back?

I've been really busy, but would entertain a 2-day trip this summer around the lake. We could "camp" at my Cabin near Harrison.
DrStrangeride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:35 PM   #1898
Rainier_Rider
Gone

Oddometer: 1,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrStrangeride View Post

Remember Canfield>4th of July>Harrison w/Raineer Rider a few yrs back?

I've been really busy, but would entertain a 2-day trip this summer around the lake. We could "camp" at my Cabin near Harrison.
You smash-flatted a front tire. I remember.
Good thing LB and her rolling motorcycle accessory store was with.

One week-end this summer i gotta set a date/invite for some great forest road rides up here. (10 miles south of BC, 10 miles west of MT).

Lotsa tent space, fire pit, shower, BBQ, even a couple trailer spots.
Gas and a pizza place ten miles away.
No cell service, but I could plug in my router.
There's so many roads, one cannot ride/ see everything in one weekend.
This morning I seen/dodged two white-tail (one 20 feet off my 55mph front fender), a black bear (didn't move 'til I stood up on the pegs), a coyote (at full run), and a flock of free-range hens.
I see Elk & Moose frquently, and occasionally Griz & Wolf tracks.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:55 PM   #1899
BenFongTorres
Banned

Oddometer: 831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strave19 View Post
I think I might do just that. Hwy 2 only puts me at like 30 more miles than my original route (no biggie) and I've actually never been on that section.
Cool deal...a good ride! But on second thought...the WEST side of Lake Koocanusa is the better riding road if you go that way (Nat. Forest Rd. 228...all pavement.) Just beware the tar snakes if it is warm out. They get slickery. Ask me how I know!
BenFongTorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:30 PM   #1900
Kootenai Rider
Displaced Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainier_Rider View Post
You smash-flatted a front tire. I remember.
Good thing LB and her rolling motorcycle accessory store was with.

One week-end this summer i gotta set a date/invite for some great forest road rides up here. (10 miles south of BC, 10 miles west of MT).

Lotsa tent space, fire pit, shower, BBQ, even a couple trailer spots.
Gas and a pizza place ten miles away.
No cell service, but I could plug in my router.
There's so many roads, one cannot ride/ see everything in one weekend.
This morning I seen/dodged two white-tail (one 20 feet off my 55mph front fender), a black bear (didn't move 'til I stood up on the pegs), a coyote (at full run), and a flock of free-range hens.
I see Elk & Moose frquently, and occasionally Griz & Wolf tracks.

Post a time/date, I'm in...

Old 06-15-2012, 10:58 PM   #1901
Idarider
R1200GS

Oddometer: 1,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootenai Rider View Post
I was riding behind him. Mr. Wheelie king popped a wheelie then it went awry. I had no involvement other than helping get his bike stashed and leaving him in the care of some complete strangers.
Remember that he came to the ride nursing his ribs from I think two weeks before. Mr. Wheelie king , sorry Fred

I took the 28th to July 8th off with no plans yet, maybe I will fianlly do Hyder, just barely enough time .

The wife is from Moyie Springs so we go through there every spring. Try to stop for a burger at Odies big sky cafe each time ( Troy).
Old 06-16-2012, 08:07 AM   #1902
Gypsy_Writer
It's all good!

Oddometer: 47
Ok. So, I haven't been overly active here in a few weeks, relegating myself to a few brief moments of lurking in between wrenching. But, now I can actually take a few minutes to research rides in the area. There are some great suggestions here! I can't wait to try them out!

Finally finished my mod project, got it set up, and, we finally have some decent overnight temps for motorcycle camping, BUT they are accompanied by the likelihood of thunderstorms. I like Spring and all, but come on! I wanna ride!

I'm not too short, the rest of the world is just too tall.

If I had to choose between the city and the country, I would choose the ocean.
Gypsy_Writer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 08:26 AM   #1903
JOURNEY ON 2
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
Trials - June 24th

Invite to all the area ADVers to come out to the trials event June 24th just north of Chattaroy, Wa.
Jeff Gaddy (Lamotovita) is putting on the event along with the Inland Northwest Trials Assoc.
I will have a couple of modern Gas Gas bikes along with a vintage class Suzuki RL available for
the gang to play on or even compete if you so desire. Bikes will be gassed up and ready to go, just
bring your own riding gear. For more event info go to www.inwta.com or you can pm me.
Gary (JOURNEY ON 2)
JOURNEY ON 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 10:51 AM   #1904
WU7X
The Old Fart

Oddometer: 1,901
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOURNEY ON 2 View Post
Invite to all the area ADVers to come out to the trials event June 24th just north of Chattaroy, Wa.
Jeff Gaddy (Lamotovita) is putting on the event along with the Inland Northwest Trials Assoc.
I will have a couple of modern Gas Gas bikes along with a vintage class Suzuki RL available for
the gang to play on or even compete if you so desire. Bikes will be gassed up and ready to go, just
bring your own riding gear. For more event info go to www.inwta.com or you can pm me.
Gary (JOURNEY ON 2)
Gary, Nanc and I plan on coming over for this. We'll be driving the hack. Nanc makes a great monkey!
"
Adventure is worthwhile." ~ Aristotle
Airhead #14449
WU7X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 12:53 PM   #1905
Rainier_Rider
Gone

Oddometer: 1,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idarider View Post

The wife is from Moyie Springs so we go through there every spring. Try to stop for a burger at Odies big sky cafe each time ( Troy).
Moyie is about 12 miles south of me.