ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2013, 09:00 AM   #2866
DiamondLie
Banned

Oddometer: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by XR4EVER View Post
The day ended with only one out of the four four of us not loading up a broken bike.
Was one of those broken bikes your XR? Does that mean the welder is coming out again soon and I get a second chance with my quad?
DiamondLie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:20 AM   #2867
XR4EVER
919 excuses to ride!

Oddometer: 1,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootenai Rider View Post
We spent most of our Sunday jaunt to 7-mile hopping logs. (Yes I was there sat and Sunday)
Funny... My phone must have been broken on Sunday.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondLie View Post
Was one of those broken bikes your XR? Does that mean the welder is coming out again soon and I get a second chance with my quad?
Welder is still out; we just need to work the same schedule!

I'm afraid I'm going to have to fire my mechanic. Or at least stop paying him. The last time he had my rear tire off, he didn't locate my caliper bracket correctly. I hit the rear brake going backwards and it ripped the whole caliper assembly off. The guy behind me was yelling, "Hey!! Your brake fell off!!" Not something you hear every day. Already have a freebee coming to me from ThumperTalk! Gotta love the interwebs.

Old 03-14-2013, 09:10 AM   #2868
75monza
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 322
Sorry, but I giggled when I read this. Basically the same thing happened to my GSX when I was slowing down for a stop at a stoplight in town about 5 years ago. Broke the caliper holder into 3 pieces. I had owned the bike for about a week at that point. Bailing wire to hold it out of the wheel and no rear brakes for the 20 mile ride home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR4EVER View Post
I'm afraid I'm going to have to fire my mechanic. Or at least stop paying him. The last time he had my rear tire off, he didn't locate my caliper bracket correctly. I hit the rear brake going backwards and it ripped the whole caliper assembly off. The guy behind me was yelling, "Hey!! Your brake fell off!!" Not something you hear every day. Already have a freebee coming to me from ThumperTalk! Gotta love the interwebs.

75monza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:45 AM   #2869
RacerX
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
FS 208 still snowed in?

Just got off the phone with a ranger from the Fernan office of the Couer d’Alene River Ranger District and was told that FS 208 probably will probably not be passible for another six weeks. Has anyone been out near the Shoshone RV Dump station near FS 208 and FS 412 recently to confirm?
Old 03-14-2013, 05:35 PM   #2870
FloorPoor
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 710
Hey guys, I'm from SE Idaho, but I'll be working the NCAA Womens basketball tournament in Spokane from the 26th of this month through the 2nd of April. Due to my schedule as a tech for the game floor, it looks like I'll have the 27th, 28th, 29th, and 31st with not much to do, so I decided to haul the old KLR along and do some day trips (weather permitting) based out of Spokane on at least some of those days.

My question is, is there anything I really need to check out in eastern Washington and North Idaho while I'm there? I've been through the area may times, but never with the bike. My loose plan is to putt around as many of the logging roads east of Coeur de'Alene as I can, because I already have some maps for that area, but I don't have any solid plans....yet.

Also, how is the snow pack on those roads? They are at much lower elevation than the mountains near me, but I'm not sure when they generally open.

"There's nothing like that fresh tire feeling "
FloorPoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:27 PM   #2871
DiamondLie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorPoor View Post
Hey guys, I'm from SE Idaho, but I'll be working the NCAA Womens basketball tournament in Spokane from the 26th of this month through the 2nd of April. Due to my schedule as a tech for the game floor, it looks like I'll have the 27th, 28th, 29th, and 31st with not much to do, so I decided to haul the old KLR along and do some day trips (weather permitting) based out of Spokane on at least some of those days.

My question is, is there anything I really need to check out in eastern Washington and North Idaho while I'm there? I've been through the area may times, but never with the bike. My loose plan is to putt around as many of the logging roads east of Coeur de'Alene as I can, because I already have some maps for that area, but I don't have any solid plans....yet.

Also, how is the snow pack on those roads? They are at much lower elevation than the mountains near me, but I'm not sure when they generally open.
Lookin' for any company? I might have the 29th off work and would be interested in riding if so.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:27 PM   #2872
Live2Ride
Not Famous

Oddometer: 3,809
I might be up for a ride to. I'm open for any day. LMK.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:32 PM   #2873
biodieselandon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 349
My evil twin finally came back to me! After 6 whole months of waiting. Installed all my parts as soon as I got her home...

"A clean GS is a dirty shame."
biodieselandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:13 PM   #2874
Kootenai Rider
Displaced Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorPoor View Post

Snow may be what stops you. We can try some of the CdA stuff. Pm me and I can point you to some stuff that might be snow enough free. Heck we could always busy trail

2012 KTM 250XC-W "Ginger"
Kootenai Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:08 AM   #2875
vnp514
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 624
Fence Contractors-Spokane??

We need to put up a chain link fence to keep our dogs in and other dogs out. I'm going to hire this out and am looking for any feed back on who to use(or stay away from). We live in the city and the area to be fenced is just a city lot.

Thanks!

Pete
vnp514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:27 AM   #2876
DiamondLie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnp514 View Post
We need to put up a chain link fence to keep our dogs in and other dogs out. I'm going to hire this out and am looking for any feed back on who to use(or stay away from). We live in the city and the area to be fenced is just a city lot.

Thanks!

Pete
Idaho Fence is a good outfit.
Old 03-15-2013, 04:41 PM   #2877
Valleyrider
I Survived The '60s

Oddometer: 1,835
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondLie View Post
Idaho Fence is a good outfit.
I'd add +1 to this recommendation. Gary is great to work with.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/48000856@N06/
Valleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:51 AM   #2878
vnp514
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 624
DL and VR-

Appreciate the fence info.

Thanks!!

Pete
vnp514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:58 PM   #2879
Valleyrider
I Survived The '60s

Oddometer: 1,835
For all you local folks who are NASCAR and Harley enthusiasts, Kyle Petty's Victory Junction Charity ride starts out this year in Coeur d'Alene on April 27th.
http://kylepettycharityride.com/charity-ride.php
Found out that they have a block of rooms at the Coeur d'Alene Resort.
Might be interesting to watch their departure.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/48000856@N06/
Valleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 05:13 PM   #2880
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,539
Looks like a good cause and it could be fun to watch them depart and cheer them on. Maybe we could all meet for breakfast, watch the departure then go for a ride of our own.

Anyone else like this idea?
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote