ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2013, 04:09 PM   #2956
Jimmy the Heater
Tilting the Horizon

Oddometer: 1,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live2Ride View Post
I have never balanced a bike tire in my life, and have never had a problem. Floorpoor and I are headed out for a ride today. Taking some back roads from Rockford to Plummer, then over plummer mt to Fairfield, then to Steptoe Butte.

I hit Steptoe butte today too...I was going south to north though. Beautiful day!
Jimmy the Heater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 06:18 PM   #2957
Bgunn
Mucha distancia

Oddometer: 1,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy the Heater View Post
I hit Steptoe butte today too...I was going south to north though. Beautiful day!

Warmest Easter in a decade according to Krem 2
Bgunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:10 PM   #2958
Alpha One Nine
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 592
I did get a little riding in today but it was mostly running around near the Valley Mall looking for a hydration backpack with decent cargo space and a 90 degree bite valve that was under $100. Fail
l was getting hot waking around in the stores with my jacket on and for the first time this year the cool down from the wind while riding was pleasing.

I stopped at Harbor Freight to pick up a few items before heading back home to work on my truck.

The ol’ KLR never lets me down when it’s time to haul cargo.

In addition to finally almost finishing the wiring harness for my new custom light bar, I figured out why I have been blowing fuses every time I press the overdrive button in my ’95 F350. Actually, quite not every time. It would not blow if I was in park.

Streering column shft lever.

I sure wish I could have spent more time riding today but I got stuff done I have been putting off for long time so all is good.

Alpha One Nine screwed with this post 03-31-2013 at 09:31 PM Reason: Can't do anything right the first time?
Alpha One Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:35 PM   #2959
Live2Ride
Not Famous

Oddometer: 3,845
After we left Steptoe Butte, we went to Colfax for lunch. It was showing 78 degrees at the bank, and it felt like it. Left there and took a back road to Palouse. Best. Road. Ever. Banked corners, valleys, no traffic or gravel on the road. From there, thru Garfield, Oaksdale, Tekoa, Latah, and a quick stop at my sons house in Fairfield. Then home for Easter dinner. FloorPoor had dinner with us, then headed back to Spokane around 9pm tonight. It was a great day.
Old 03-31-2013, 11:24 PM   #2960
DiamondLie
Banned

Oddometer: 464
Details please on the "back road to Palouse!" If it's that good aren't ya going to share it with your local brethren?
DiamondLie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:47 PM   #2961
Live2Ride
Not Famous

As you are riding south thru Colfax, a block before the Arby's, take a left (at the stop light). It's only a 17 mile ride to Palouse, but its a VERY COOL 17 miles. But then again, I'm a simplton.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:30 AM   #2962
DiamondLie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live2Ride View Post
As you are riding south thru Colfax, a block before the Arby's, take a left (at the stop light). It's only a 17 mile ride to Palouse, but its a VERY COOL 17 miles. But then again, I'm a simplton.
HWY 272 (Canyon Rd.?) As you turn left onto this road you were on does it head STRAIGHT UP vertical out of town rather quickly? Think I know the route. Or, just looking on my maps now I see that the Palouse River Road looks interesting too.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:41 AM   #2963
Dr. Hemlock
Adventurer

Oddometer: 95
Flat on 27

Headed from Spokane to Steptoe Butte on Hwy 27 - about noon picked up a screw in the rear tire, which left me stranded south of Fairfield. No cell service. Started walking until I got a signal. Wife picked me up, drove to Spokane for my trailer, then back to Fairfield where I had ridden on 10psi thanks to my little Slime compressor ($9 clearance at Target). Loaded the GS then north toward home when we saw a few motorbikes roadside. One bike disabled so we offered to haul it on our trailer. Right place - right time. Felt good to help a fellow motorcycle traveler.

First flat for me. I had tube patch kit and some tools...but not the correct wrenches and no inflation device. So tomorrow I'll fix the flat, get my tool kit sorted, and hope for good weather next weekend. Live2Ride: Will give that Colfax-to-Palouse road a try. Last weekend I rode to the Snake River via back roads. Only saw three motorcycles all day. Today I saw well over 50 bikes on the road.
Dr. Hemlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:59 AM   #2964
FloorPoor
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 710
Tim, I just wanted to chime in and say thank you! We had a nice lazy Sunday ride, on good roads, through pretty country, in beautiful weather. And then finished up with a nice dinner and nice visit with you and your family, I'm humbled by your hospitality. It was great.

You guys are blessed to have good paved routes nearby, every paved road within about 50 miles of my house is flat and strait and boring, that's why I've become such a dirt junkie. Hopefully I'll be able to make it up this way a little later in the season so I can check out the endless forest service roads you guys have seem to have around here.

THANK YOU!

BTW. IMHO, the best paved road ever trophy goes to hwy 97 on the east side of the lake

You guys better get over there and tear it up before this nice weather has that road plugged up with slow minivans, Suv's and RV's. I have a feeling that riding that road during peak summer season would be very frustrating.

"There's nothing like that fresh tire feeling "

FloorPoor screwed with this post 04-01-2013 at 11:12 AM
FloorPoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:02 PM   #2965
Kootenai Rider
Displaced Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorPoor View Post

BTW. IMHO, the best paved road ever trophy goes to hwy 97 on the east side of the lake

You guys better get over there and tear it up before this nice weather has that road plugged up with slow Harley Riders, Suv's and RV's. I have a feeling that riding that road during peak summer season would be very frustrating.
Fix't for accuracy.

2012 KTM 250XC-W "Ginger"
Kootenai Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:27 PM   #2966
XR4EVER
919 excuses to ride!

Oddometer: 1,083
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha One Nine View Post
I figured out why I have been blowing fuses every time I press the overdrive button in my 95 F350....
Good find. Wiring gremlins are the WORST!!
Old 04-01-2013, 03:35 PM   #2967
FloorPoor
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootenai Rider View Post
Fix't for accuracy.
I forgot about the slow cruiser guys

"There's nothing like that fresh tire feeling "
FloorPoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:24 AM   #2968
DiamondLie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorPoor View Post
I forgot about the slow cruiser guys
Yeah...because a KLR is such a wicked fast machine???
Old 04-02-2013, 10:49 AM   #2969
Live2Ride
Not Famous

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondLie View Post
I hear they tear up sport bikes in the twisties.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:12 AM   #2970
Kootenai Rider
Displaced Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondLie View Post
I have personally seen 3 KLR's, a Ninja 250, and a GS650 take on two super dukes and a Triumph Speed Triple in the twisties...

A KLR vs a Yamaha V-star 650 BTW is no contest.... KLR all the way...

2012 KTM 250XC-W "Ginger"
Kootenai Rider is offline   Reply With Quote