ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2013, 07:11 AM   #3151
lamotovita
Ageing Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048 View Post
. and my skills are getting worse and worse every year. I keep saying I'm either going to have to practice and get those skills back up or give up riding before I injure myself. I think I better go with the latter since I wouldn't know what to do if I wasn't riding.
So lets see you get the TY175 out and work on those skills. There is no better way than Trials to develope, and maintain, riding skills. There are classes for everybody!

Old 05-09-2013, 08:32 AM   #3152
Kootenai Rider
Displaced Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthIdaHozer View Post
Hey all! Haven't posted yet this spring but I have been riding quite a bit; The old NX just got valves adjusted and new chain, sprockets, and knobbie sneakers that just plain kick ass! Rode around hayden lake then did some dirt scootering around hayden creek area. Sad thing is I got a nice little ticket from the local moto cop and to make matters worse I tipped it over while pushing it in the driveway and bent the brake lever...
How the road conditions look up there in Hayden creek? How far did you get before you hit snow?

2012 KTM 250XC-W "Ginger"
Kootenai Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:52 AM   #3153
dr350maniac
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 161
New to Spokane.....

I moved here about 7 weeks ago.

I have 3 bikes:
2012 KTM500 EXC
2007 KLR650
2002 DRZ400S

Previous to the above 3 bikes, I've owned two DR350 SEs.

The KLR took me on an epic journey from K-Falls to Glacier Park and back last September, at which time I had no idea I'd be living in the Spokane area this year, but here I am, and I'm ready to get out and explore.

Are there ever any meet-n-greet type gatherings in the Spokane area?

Doug
dr350maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:18 PM   #3154
Kootenai Rider
Displaced Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr350maniac View Post

I have 3 bikes:
2012 KTM500 EXC
2007 KLR650
2002 DRZ400S

The KLR took me on an epic journey from K-Falls to Glacier Park and back last September, at which time I had no idea I'd be living in the Spokane area this year, but here I am, and I'm ready to get out and explore.

Doug
Welcome Doug....

There is, we probably should plan one soon... lots of times we're busy out riding instead of meeting up.

I ride single track of some sort on most weekends if you want to go. Everything from easy to gnarly. PM me if you want to come riding..

Old 05-09-2013, 02:07 PM   #3155
EmptiMind
Stoopid Youngin'

Oddometer: 458
The local Cycle Gear has monthly meets. Otherwise, unless you ride a Harley, I don't know of any others.

If anyone's planning street trips, me and my Buell would love to tag along.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:08 PM   #3156
dr350maniac
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 161
I moved from the "wet" side of the state.

Glad to be on the dry side finally.

I've ridden a lot of single track: Naches, Mad River / Lake Wenatchee area, Foggy Dew and Gifford Pinchot NF.

I do quite a bi of help with the Dirty Face Dual Sport event. I've ridden it every year since 1997. Up through 2000, there were two events a year hosted by the LWRC. I skipped the later event that year because it was just too dang hot, and all my riding buddies skipped it too.

My KLR is still in the shop getting upgrades installed, but the DRZ and KTM are ready. The DRZ is geared pretty low - more for fire roads and single track, so I'm inclined not to ride it much on pavement, unless the distances are short and the speeds are under 50 mph. But I can trailer it wherever.
dr350maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:39 PM   #3157
jones68
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr350maniac View Post

I have 3 bikes:
2012 KTM500 EXC
2007 KLR650
2002 DRZ400S

Doug
I recently moved here also, I've been looking at one of the local forums to find some group rides, in fact I'll be going on one on Saturday. It looks like Empire Cycle also puts on some good dual sport rides, the first of which will begin in late June. http://pnwriders.com/eastside/
Old 05-09-2013, 11:54 PM   #3158
NorthIdaHozer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootenai Rider View Post
How the road conditions look up there in Hayden creek? How far did you get before you hit snow?
Road conditions are dry and starting to get dusty for the first few miles... There is snow on the way up to spades lookout tower but really you can go almost anywhere.I'm hoping to take the NX as far as I can towards Fernan from hayden creek but I'm sure I'll hit snow.

'88 Honda NX650
NorthIdaHozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:53 AM   #3159
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamotovita View Post
So lets see you get the TY175 out and work on those skills. There is no better way than Trials to develope, and maintain, riding skills. There are classes for everybody!
Hi lamotovita

Good to see a post from you. Yes you are right I need to get the TY175 out.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:10 PM   #3160
lamotovita
Ageing Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,340
Quote:
Hi lamotovita

Good to see a post from you. Yes you are right I need to get the TY175 out.
Now your talkin. Lets plan a ride. Liberty lake? Evening, weekend, whenever.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:01 PM   #3161
Kootenai Rider
Displaced Adventurer

Quote:
Evening rides at liberty lake are fun. There is some really fun stuff for trials bikes out there that isn't too hard.

Old 05-13-2013, 09:36 AM   #3162
XR4EVER
919 excuses to ride!

Oddometer: 1,057
It was a great weekend in the XR4EVER household! Since she was old enough to talk, our oldest daughter has been dying to go for a ride with the Mrs. and I on our street bikes. I told her that when she can comfortably reach the passenger foot pegs, and I thought she was ready, we would take her on a ride. Well, on Saturday we took her to the movies. She loved it! The only problem we had was trying to keep her awake on the ride home! I had to keep reaching back and tickling her ribs to wake her up.

Then on Sunday, Kootenai Rider and I headed out to the silver valley to see where the snow levels are. We covered about 70 miles of pavement, logging road, 2-track and single track. The snow is melting, but it is still there and kept us from getting to a few (most) places that we wanted to go. He took a few more pics than I did, maybe he'll contribute. We even got cheered on from a bunch of trailside mexican men 5 miles from nowhere.... Long story, but I thought we were racing Baja for a moment. Good times.

Paul had to borrow a few things from my tool bag. At least one of us came prepared....

Old 05-13-2013, 04:15 PM   #3163
Kootenai Rider
Displaced Adventurer

Pics or it didn't happe.....oh wait, it did.

Pine Point....

Mad Skillz Log Hopper...

This rock fall looked like a smooth ride.... be fun to figure out if there was a road down there.

Drat...

Old 05-13-2013, 06:12 PM   #3164
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,498
Quote:
What I'd really like to do is hit Canfeild or Little Pend Oreille but first I need to go spend some quality time on my XR100 out at 7-mile. I find 7-mile to be a good place to practice since it has a variety of stuff to play on. It might not be great for trail riding but for a practice area it's not bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootenai Rider View Post
Evening rides at liberty lake are fun. There is some really fun stuff for trials bikes out there that isn't too hard.
You guys are just starting your evenings about the time mine is ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR4EVER View Post
It was a great weekend in the XR4EVER household! Since she was old enough to talk, our oldest daughter has been dying to go for a ride with the Mrs. and I on our street bikes. I told her that when she can comfortably reach the passenger foot pegs, and I thought she was ready, we would take her on a ride. Well, on Saturday we took her to the movies. She loved it! The only problem we had was trying to keep her awake on the ride home! I had to keep reaching back and tickling her ribs to wake her up.
Heck, she's about tall enough for her own bike.

Quote:
Then on Sunday, Kootenai Rider and I headed out to the silver valley to see where the snow levels are. We covered about 70 miles of pavement, logging road, 2-track and single track. The snow is melting, but it is still there and kept us from getting to a few (most) places that we wanted to go. He took a few more pics than I did, maybe he'll contribute. We even got cheered on from a bunch of trailside mexican men 5 miles from nowhere.... Long story, but I thought we were racing Baja for a moment. Good times.
That's great and much less expensive than racing Baja.

Quote:

Paul had to borrow a few things from my tool bag. At least one of us came prepared....
Junior wasn't fully prepared? He made sure I was fully prepared before I headed to Death Valley but he doesn't have himself prepared? Oh my....
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:44 PM   #3165
Kootenai Rider
Displaced Adventurer

Quote:

Junior wasn't fully prepared? He made sure I was fully prepared before I headed to Death Valley but he doesn't have himself prepared? Oh my....
Do as I say, not as I do.