ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-02-2013, 04:42 PM   #3331
Motomedic
Beastly Adventurer
 
Motomedic's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Spokane
Oddometer: 2,449
Thanks for the replies guys.
__________________
Feike

I don't have to agree with you to like you or respect you. -Anthony Bourdain
Motomedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 06:12 PM   #3332
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister
 
Ladybug0048's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
Oddometer: 10,601
Motomedic, I hope you are able to find someone to help you out. Luckily (for me) I don't have any knowledge of attorneys.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 07:15 PM   #3333
Schweitzer
Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Liberty Lake, WA
Oddometer: 49
Hey Feike give me a call at 255-9293 and tell me what's up. Larry
Schweitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:32 PM   #3334
Motomedic
Beastly Adventurer
 
Motomedic's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Spokane
Oddometer: 2,449
Thanks Larry- I'll call you in the morning. I'm a little tired and after a couple beers, not in the mood to deal with this crap tonight.
__________________
Feike

I don't have to agree with you to like you or respect you. -Anthony Bourdain
Motomedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:27 PM   #3335
Valleyrider
I Survived The '60s
 
Valleyrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Idaho Panhandler
Oddometer: 1,845
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048 View Post
Motomedic, I hope you are able to find someone to help you out. Luckily (for me) I don't have any knowledge of attorneys.
I didn't mean anything by that!!
You just seem to always have an answer to everything....
__________________
http://www.flickr.com/photos/14934865@N07/
'07 1250 Bandit, '06 650 VStrom, '78 SR500E
'68 Yamaha DT1, '78 TT500 and no money
http://www.flickr.com/photos/48000856@N06/
Valleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:37 PM   #3336
Kootenai Rider
Displaced Adventurer
 
Kootenai Rider's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Hong Kong for now. Idaho before and later
Oddometer: 2,258
In other news...

Pics from Saturday's ride.... started in Newman lake from a lakeside cabin, riding with my buddy Jason....

Up Thompson Creek rd, into the Inland Paper land...pass in hand... all the way up to Mt. Spokane, skirted the park itself (No ORV's) down to Twin Lakes, then rode the 2 track all the way to Rathdrum. Stopped at Burger Heaven for a gut bomb burger, then back roads through Hauser, and back to Newman lake. 73 miles of Road, trail, 2-track, and all fun...



Stuck down a trail...had to do a little mobbing up an old road to get back to the actual gravel.


My friend Jason...


Overlooking Newman Lake, Muzzy Bay...





The intrepid adventurer


coming into Twin Lakes...fav of the day...
__________________
Like most great inventions, it is fantastic when used for its intended purpose, but in the hands of a villain, or worse, an idiot, it wreaks havoc.... - A-bone

2012 KTM 250XC-W "Ginger"
Kootenai Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 05:08 PM   #3337
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister
 
Ladybug0048's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
Oddometer: 10,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valleyrider View Post
I didn't mean anything by that!!
You just seem to always have an answer to everything....
I didn't take it wrong or that you meant anything by that but now you are saying I'm a know it all.

Hey Junior, those are some good photos there the last one is mighty pretty. It looks like you guys had a good ride although it does look like a lot of work.

I did a 750 mile ride in the Orofino area (sort of) and got back Sunday. It was a lot of fun but it's still pushing the season a bit. I took pictures but I haven't gotton through them yet.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 05:54 PM   #3338
Roadglide
Riding since 1965
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Dalton Gardens Idaho
Oddometer: 28
Idaho ORV

Dumb question, I have a KLR 650 licensed in Idaho. Do I need an Idaho ORV sticker?
Roadglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:57 PM   #3339
Alpha One Nine
Studly Adventurer
 
Alpha One Nine's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Spokane Valley, WA
Oddometer: 588
Hey KR,

Thanks for stopping by at the lake. It's always a pleasure. Here is the route we rode on Saturday.

Alpha One Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:02 PM   #3340
DiamondLie
Banned
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Handle of Pan, ID
Oddometer: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadglide View Post
Dumb question, I have a KLR 650 licensed in Idaho. Do I need an Idaho ORV sticker?

Yep. Just did the exact same thing recently for my plated DRZ. You don't have to go to DMV for the sticker. Most of the shops have them behind the counter. I went to CDA Honda.
DiamondLie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:13 PM   #3341
Jimmy the Heater
Tilting the Horizon
 
Jimmy the Heater's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: WA Palouse area
Oddometer: 1,855
Damn nice pics KR and an awesome ride!
Jimmy the Heater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:32 AM   #3342
XR4EVER
919 excuses to ride!
 
XR4EVER's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Post Falls, ID
Oddometer: 1,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadglide View Post
Dumb question, I have a KLR 650 licensed in Idaho. Do I need an Idaho ORV sticker?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondLie View Post
Yep. Just did the exact same thing recently for my plated DRZ. You don't have to go to DMV for the sticker. Most of the shops have them behind the counter. I went to CDA Honda.
Funny thing is, if you were plated from out of state and wanted to ride here, you wouldn't need a sticker and would have 30 or 60 (can't remember which) days to ride without one.


I want to put out a BIG thanks to the Post Falls cop who chose not to pull me over after I merged onto I-90 in front of him/her doing 100+ mph. I exited the freeway and pulled into 7-Eleven with him on my tail, fully expecting him to follow me in and give me a talking to, but he just rode right by!
__________________
I hate bear grass.
XR4EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:20 AM   #3343
XR4EVER
919 excuses to ride!
 
XR4EVER's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Post Falls, ID
Oddometer: 1,076
A buddy and I hit the dirt on Sunday and were the first ones up Graham Mt this season (silver valley). We had to ride directly up the face of the rock slide to skirt the snow, but dammit, we made it! It was brutal. I think there is GoPro footage.... I'll post it if I get it. I tried to get footage of Andy's shiny 500 XC-W laying upside down in Karl's Diner and him tumbling down the boulders, but my camera must have gotten switched to still frame mode. Got a nice shot of my fender instead.
Kootenai Rider, remember the hill from hell that we HAD to make it back up a few weeks ago? This time we had to make it up in the pouring rain, just to make things interesting! Once again, the old XR made a new KTM look bad.








Graham Divide/Coal Creek Trails:
__________________
I hate bear grass.
XR4EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:16 AM   #3344
Kootenai Rider
Displaced Adventurer
 
Kootenai Rider's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Hong Kong for now. Idaho before and later
Oddometer: 2,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by XR4EVER View Post
A buddy and I hit the dirt on Sunday and were the first ones up Graham Mt this season (silver valley). We had to ride directly up the face of the rock slide to skirt the snow, but dammit, we made it! It was brutal. I think there is GoPro footage.... I'll post it if I get it. I tried to get footage of Andy's shiny 500 XC-W laying upside down in Karl's Diner and him tumbling down the boulders, but my camera must have gotten switched to still frame mode. Got a nice shot of my fender instead.
Kootenai Rider, remember the hill from hell that we HAD to make it back up a few weeks ago? This time we had to make it up in the pouring rain, just to make things interesting! Once again, the old XR made a new KTM look bad.



Mmm.... Graham Mtn... I love that ride...

Wouldn't be the first time another rider made me look bad....
__________________
Like most great inventions, it is fantastic when used for its intended purpose, but in the hands of a villain, or worse, an idiot, it wreaks havoc.... - A-bone

2012 KTM 250XC-W "Ginger"
Kootenai Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:28 PM   #3345
DiamondLie
Banned
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Handle of Pan, ID
Oddometer: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by XR4EVER View Post
I want to put out a BIG thanks to the Post Falls cop who chose not to pull me over after I merged onto I-90 in front of him/her doing 100+ mph. I exited the freeway and pulled into 7-Eleven with him on my tail, fully expecting him to follow me in and give me a talking to, but he just rode right by!
Were you on the bike or in the car? I'm happy for ya but that's SO NOT FAIR!!! LOL I got popped a couple of weeks ago in the cage for just 11 over!!!! Yep, 46 in a 35 = me being a $100 lighter.
DiamondLie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014