ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2013, 05:20 PM   #3781
WU7X
The Old Fart

Oddometer: 1,916
Jeremy,

You shouldn't feel ashamed at all. I dropped my 650 Dakar three times, all from no or slow speed. It happens...now you know you'll have to get some miles on those tires and scuff them up a bit, that's all. AND, now you really get out there and ride. The first drop is over, the scratches are on the bike, nothing to worry about anymore.

BTW, glad you bought that Adventure. I've sat on it twice at the dealers trying to convince myself that I could afford it. Now, I won't have to worry so much.

The Spokane/N ID group is going to have to get back together soon. Have to fire up Ladybug and get that Xmas party going.
"
Adventure is worthwhile." ~ Aristotle
Airhead #14449
WU7X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 05:45 AM   #3782
Kootenai Rider
Displaced Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by WU7X View Post
Have to fire up Ladybug and get that Xmas party going.
She's in Baja with Becky and Bruce right now having fun from what Becky told me. Making good progress according to her SPOT check-in that I get daily. A whole lotta good that will do me...I'm 6800miles away right now.

Hey Jeremy,
I was test riding a used WR426 a few years back.. got done with the ride, hopped off the bike (stood up on pegs, hopped off) and rolled my ankle when I landed.

Managed to not drop the bike (came pretty damn close) but broke my ankle. D'oh.

My worst motorcycle wreck to date...and it wasnt' moving or running.

2012 KTM 250XC-W "Ginger"
Kootenai Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:19 AM   #3783
chinook1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 29
Thanks Gents! I look forward to meeting y'all sometime soon. Sounds like I really need to meet this ladybug individual.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

2013 DL650A "You Break It, You Buy It"- Weld86 skidplate, SVRacing forkbrace
1982 CB750K
chinook1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:27 AM   #3784
XR4EVER
919 excuses to ride!

Oddometer: 1,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootenai Rider View Post
My worst motorcycle wreck to date...and it wasnt' moving or running.
The XR doesn't count because that thing spends more time on its side than on its tires, but the only time I had the 919 on its side was in a parking lot at a dead stop. I thought I had put the kickstand down, and when I went to get off, me and the bike did this slow motion defenseless fall to the pavement. My wife just sat there on her bike, staring at me.
Old 11-19-2013, 02:52 PM   #3785
mcjunky
Adventurer

Oddometer: 82
Chinook, glad you're OK.........but as a former dealership employee stories like this, and others I witnessed over the years make me understand why dealerships are reluctant to set people out on test rides!

So you had no intention of buying the bike anytime soon, you decided to corner a brand new, unfamiliar bike in cold weather and on our crap streets hard enough to drag hard parts and then contemplate whether the dealership ripped you off after wadding their bike up? Seriously? I'd say you are extremely lucky you got anything above and beyond on the deal!

I also sell alot of bikes privately and can tell ya if you are test riding my bike I have your cash in hand (which is the only way test rides happen) you twist my bike up and come back trying to negotiate on a crashed bike I'm gonna laugh my ass off and send you packing with the crashed bike.
mcjunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 05:11 PM   #3786
Kootenai Rider
Displaced Adventurer

Just got Ladybug's OK check-in message from Baja. Ladybug, Airhead Bruce and Becky are in Gonzaga bay right now. Based on their FB posts, they're having a great time.

Old 11-21-2013, 08:19 PM   #3787
Gearhead_1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 29
I know that brand new tires have an oily mold release on them, perhaps that was part of the problem? Now that you've already scratched it, I'll ride with ya. Steve
Old 11-23-2013, 05:41 AM   #3788
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,539
Hi Spo/CdA,

AirheadBruce, Rainbow007, MTLee, Oldtimer, and I are enjoying our time in Baja but wil be crossing back to the US today. It's been a great time and eve got to experience a Baja rainstorm.

Junior, we missed you but manger to enjoy the best fajitas ever in San Felipe. They were so good we made the effort to return here just to be able to have them again.

Let's do a meet up the first part of Dec. we have some new kids to get to know.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 06:24 AM   #3789
Kootenai Rider
Displaced Adventurer

[QUOTE=Ladybug0048;22842947]

Junior, we missed you but manger to enjoy the best fajitas ever in San Felipe. They were so good we made the effort to return here just to be able to have them again.
QUOTE]

Good to hear from you Sherry. I didn't get your Spot Message for a day or two so I was a lil worried. I have made up my mind. When I come back to the states I'm taking a trip to Baja... even if I have to go by myself, though something tells me I can find some peeps to go if I mention it here on ADV even for a few minutes.

Can't wait to see pics and the report. So bummed I couldn't make it. My own adventure is going well though a lot different than on a bike.

Old 11-24-2013, 03:07 PM   #3790
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Baja won't be the same without us besides MTLee6 brought home all the Baja sand in her tent. She also cleared the road of one nail but I made up for it with leaving a reflector. :)

Ok everyone, when and where do we want the next meet up?

Motomedic, is that place you were telling about ready yet?
Old 11-24-2013, 03:29 PM   #3791
Kootenai Rider
Displaced Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048 View Post
Baja won't be the same without us besides MTLee6 brought home all the Baja sand in her tent. She also cleared the road of one nail but I made up for it with leaving a reflector. :)

Ok everyone, when and where do we want the next meet up?

Motomedic, is that place you were telling about ready yet?
Go some where with Wi-Fi so you all can patch me in via video Skype...

Nail removal? Lost reflector? Alright, spill it.... what happened? Was Lee in need of mine or Allan's tire changing skllz?

Old 11-24-2013, 04:05 PM   #3792
Motomedic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,418
The Handlebar is indeed open, and I'm sure we can find an open evening to host all of y'all. :) I think Tuesdays works best for us, but really, we're not busy enough yet that's its an issue. Whatever works best for the Asylum. I usually cook most nights except for Wednesdays.

Generally just pub grub (burgers and the like) and yes, we have WiFi and I might know someone who knows someone who knows the password....

I don't have to agree with you to like you or respect you. -Anthony Bourdain
Motomedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 06:48 PM   #3793
moto-treks
Back Home

Oddometer: 1,771
This Tuesday works for me. Actually, any day this week after Monday works for me.

Moto-Treks
moto-treks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 10:50 PM   #3794
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootenai Rider View Post
Go some where with Wi-Fi so you all can patch me in via video Skype...

Nail removal? Lost reflector? Alright, spill it.... what happened? Was Lee in need of mine or Allan's tire changing skllz?
Darn, we didn't think about Skype or we would have done it from San Felipe. We had good wifi there.

Lee was is need of tire changing skillz in a construction zone..... Tube change went well and we were back on the road fairly rapidly. That big back tire on her TW sure took a long time to fill with air.

Missing reflector and a few new scratches occurred when the Superbug decided to kiss a boulder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motomedic View Post
The Handlebar is indeed open, and I'm sure we can find an open evening to host all of y'all. :) I think Tuesdays works best for us, but really, we're not busy enough yet that's its an issue. Whatever works best for the Asylum. I usually cook most nights except for Wednesdays.

Generally just pub grub (burgers and the like) and yes, we have WiFi and I might know someone who knows someone who knows the password....
Cool ~ what's the address?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moto-treks View Post
This Tuesday works for me. Actually, any day this week after Monday works for me.
Wed. would work real well for me since I wouldn't need to get up for work the next morning. Anyone else available this Wed. beside Moto-Treks and I?

It would be nice to see everyone.
Old 11-25-2013, 04:53 PM   #3795
Alpha One Nine
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048 View Post
Anyone else available this Wed. beside Moto-Treks and I?
Could be... What time?
2005 KLR650 - The KLR
2010 R1200RT - The Ultimate Touring Machine
Alpha One Nine is offline   Reply With Quote