ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2014, 09:48 PM   #3991
Alpha One Nine
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud Al View Post
Cool, that seems like a nice reasonable price for the parts. I'm assuming everything is bolt on.
Pretty much.. The dust shield on the inner side of the rotor needed a little manipulation to clear the thicker rotor. It's just sheet metal but did need a few good hammer smacks in a few spots.
2005 KLR650 - The KLR
2010 R1200RT - The Ultimate Touring Machine

Alpha One Nine screwed with this post 01-27-2014 at 09:54 PM
Alpha One Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 10:08 PM   #3992
Alpha One Nine
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idarider View Post
The Lewiston Hill is always a good test, fill the Tundra with bikes and come down .

I have seen dozens of rigs on fire either from going up or going down the hill.
My all time favorite was a small toyota pickup pulling a 20' cuddy cab boat on a tandem axle trailer. Stopped at the light at the bottomof the hill, I told him his brakes were on fire and he says" yes I know they are smoking " and I said" NO, they are on FIRE! Nice orange flames and dripping flaming fluid. Boat weighed more than the truck.
I was in a band in the early 80s that played at a place called the Sub Station in Clarkston. We had a 1959 Bluebird school bus with a 6 cylinder GMC engine that was not quite up to the task of that hill. We did make it back to Spokane but that bus needed another engine before we hit the road again.
2005 KLR650 - The KLR
2010 R1200RT - The Ultimate Touring Machine
Alpha One Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 08:49 PM   #3993
EmptiMind
Stoopid Youngin'

Oddometer: 458
Motorcycle Show

Hey all. Wondering if anyone knows when the motorcycle show will be this year. I remember it being around March. Also, discounted tickets, where can I pick them up?

I might be asking this too early... I just got the itch, snow has been keeping me off the bike.
Old 01-30-2014, 09:27 PM   #3994
kimel
I hit what?

Oddometer: 210
http://spokanemotorcycleshow.com
kimel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:52 PM   #3995
Motomedic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptiMind View Post
Hey all. Wondering if anyone knows when the motorcycle show will be this year. I remember it being around March. Also, discounted tickets, where can I pick them up?

I might be asking this too early... I just got the itch, snow has been keeping me off the bike.
Holy Crap! He lives! Last time I talked to you, you were deathly ill and I figgered you just kicked the bucket or sumpin'

I don't have to agree with you to like you or respect you. -Anthony Bourdain
Motomedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 09:22 PM   #3996
barnyard
Verbal tactician

Oddometer: 10,780
It is looking like my wife and I are going to be out that way the last week of June till July 1 or so. Our oldest daughter is at Pullman working on her PhD. We are planning to trailer our RT and 640A and do some day trippin or 2 day trippin.

I am thinking the weekend of June 28-29 would be 640A weekend. If there are any Spokane or Lewiston area rides planned for that weekend, I would be interested, if someone could point me to a link. If nothing is planned, would anyone like to go for a ride???

We were out that way for a couple of days when we moved Beth out there to start school and are really, really looking forward to spending more time in the area.
Old 01-31-2014, 11:24 PM   #3997
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,699
Barnyard, I hope I get a chance to meet you and your wife while you are out this way. At this point there isn't anything planned for that weekend in the area that I know of but there are usually a few folks ready to show visitors around. Post up again in this thread a few weeks before your planned visit and we'll see what we can do to show you some of the good stuff.
"Be real careful which and who's dream you get caught up in!!!" ~ Jettn Jim
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 11:44 PM   #3998
barnyard
Verbal tactician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048 View Post
Barnyard, I hope I get a chance to meet you and your wife while you are out this way. At this point there isn't anything planned for that weekend in the area that I know of but there are usually a few folks ready to show visitors around. Post up again in this thread a few weeks before your planned visit and we'll see what we can do to show you some of the good stuff.
I figured I would post up again a bit closer to the time. Hopin to do a Spokane area meaty greety too. It's always fun to go somewhere with good food, good peeps and good stories.

I have to say, I am getting fairly excited for the whole trip.
Old 02-02-2014, 09:55 PM   #3999
EmptiMind
Stoopid Youngin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motomedic View Post
Holy Crap! He lives! Last time I talked to you, you were deathly ill and I figgered you just kicked the bucket or sumpin'
Hah, still alive. Turns out I was Celiac, allergic to wheat. My immune system literally stopped working, I was basically dying. More or less under control now.

Also, Cycle Gear already has the $2 off coupons. Went by and grabbed a few of them today.
Old 02-02-2014, 10:12 PM   #4000
barnyard
Verbal tactician

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptiMind View Post
Hah, still alive. Turns out I was Celiac, allergic to wheat. My immune system literally stopped working, I was basically dying. More or less under control now.
Our youngest also almost died while doctors were trying to figure out what was wrong. Turned out to be celiacs. Lots and lots and lots more resources available now than there were even 5 years ago.
Old 02-02-2014, 11:09 PM   #4001
EmptiMind
Stoopid Youngin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnyard View Post
Our youngest also almost died while doctors were trying to figure out what was wrong. Turned out to be celiacs. Lots and lots and lots more resources available now than there were even 5 years ago.
Well, I can make a mean gluten free pizza if your dietary restricted child is traveling with you. I'm kind of glad it's become a fad as of late, because that makes my life much easier.
Old 02-03-2014, 01:00 AM   #4002
Kootenai Rider
Displaced Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,260
It might be the middle of winter....but there were some flowers blooming over here in HK. This one's for Ladybug!

2012 KTM 250XC-W "Ginger"
Kootenai Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 04:55 AM   #4003
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,699
Thanks Junior, just what I needed.

Hope you're enjoying the bicycling.
"Be real careful which and who's dream you get caught up in!!!" ~ Jettn Jim
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:33 AM   #4004
moto-treks
Back Home

Oddometer: 1,774
Meetup this week?

This is one of the few weeks I'm home. Meet-up at the Handle Bar (haven't seen that place yet) this Thursday at 6:00 ... or?????

Moto-Treks
moto-treks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 01:55 AM   #4005
EmptiMind
Stoopid Youngin'

Just and FYI for you guys, Napa is having a 43% off EVERYTHING in their store sale in honor of the Seahawks. Not sure if it's just Spokane stores, or if it's Washington stores, but it's a pretty nice deal.

They sell Mobil-1 motorcycle oil at the Freya location. Normally $12 a quart there (overpriced), but with the sale it's about $6.80, which is a few bucks less than I can normally snag it at. Also got some Lucas injector cleaner (32oz size), for around that $6.80 mark too.

Sale's up till Wednesday. As I said, everything. I also got a bunch of parts for my cars, saved over $150 today. Not bad.