ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2014, 04:03 PM   #4621
EmptiMind
Stoopid Youngin'

Oddometer: 458
Was going with averages rather than tops. Hah
Old 04-21-2014, 04:40 PM   #4622
Schweitzer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
Looks and sounds like a great ride. Count me in for the next one.
Schweitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 05:45 PM   #4623
Motomedic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,477
Schweitzer!

Musta closed the resort for the season, huh?

BTW- I still owe ya. Don't hesitate to collect anytime.

I don't have to agree with you to like you or respect you. -Anthony Bourdain
Motomedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 06:38 PM   #4624
Bgunn
Mucha distancia

Oddometer: 1,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motomedic View Post
At times, I would have had to peg our pace as somewhere between Wanton Disregard and Absolute Madness...

Making good time and ahead of schedule...Felt like we got a day pass on speed limits. Would like to see a pic when we were leaving the Falls, and you and Phil were riding the side road.

Mega dust....looked like a farmer plowing a field. Might be time to check the air filter.
Bgunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 06:43 PM   #4625
Motomedic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,477
I'm not so sure that was a "side road". Think more like "fire break".

I don't have to agree with you to like you or respect you. -Anthony Bourdain
Motomedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:56 PM   #4626
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,808
Nice ride report and pictures. I'm glad you guys had a good time and next time in Washtucna I'll remember the nice lady that stopped to check on you guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schweitzer View Post
Looks and sounds like a great ride. Count me in for the next one.
Well, look who came down off the mountain. I keep seeing you on TV and wondering if you would re-appear again. I guess you did. Will you and Rocko (Is that how his name is spelled?) be joining us at the Wallowa Valley Adventure Jamboree again this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgunn View Post
Making good time and ahead of schedule...Felt like we got a day pass on speed limits. Would like to see a pic when we were leaving the Falls, and you and Phil were riding the side road.

Mega dust....looked like a farmer plowing a field. Might be time to check the air filter.
Yep, not the place for me but I'm glad all of you got together for some spirited (crazy) riding without tickets or crashes.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:11 PM   #4627
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

I got a little riding in this weekend too. It was too nice out not to.

Saturday I went out and took the time to enjoy the flowers.

Checked out 9-Mile Falls Dam

Found a place I have never been before. Iím going to get my $30 worth out of my Discovery Pass by golly.

Iíve been past the turn off for the backside of Long Lake Dam many times but had never been there so I decided to check it out. There is an over view of the dam above left which I have been to many, many times. There is a nice picnic area here.

And the reason for the ride seeing what was happening at Little Falls Dam. Little Falls Dam in the springtime is spectacular. How that over 100 year old dam holds back all that water is a mystery to me.

I would be running into a storm but I didnít get wet.

With going on a ride Saturday I needed to take care of some things Sunday and didnít think I would get to ride but when I had my chores done by noon I decided to go out for a short ride.

I did show up at the Chester Store but about three hours late to ride with the guys.

Returned here to find a geocache that I need for 100 State Park Challenge I'm working on.

More of those pesky flowers.

There wasnít a 2 piece brass band this week but I was treated to an air show.

I like watching crop dusters and this is the first time was able to watch them from above. There were two of them buzzing around below the Butte. They were very visible but I donít have the right camera for capturing the images I would like for something like this.

After leaving the butte I rode down to the Town of Steptoe and looked around a bit. I have been through on 195 but never rode around town so I did. I had about four miles on 195 to ride before my next planned turn. About two miles up the road I looked in my rear view mirror and was treated to a very pretty red and blue light show. . . . . Yep, me, I got stopped for speeding. 73 in a 60. Oops, I wasnít paying attention to my speed. The officer was very nice and since I have a super squeaky clean driving record he didnít ticket me, warned me about the Trooper that would be patrolling up the road a mile or so and suggested I take it easy.

I went on to find a town I didnít know was out there.

From there I went to Pine City then finally followed Old 195 to Spangle then 195 home.

It took me six and a half hours to ride 161 miles but I had a heck of a good time checking out small towns, looking for geocaches, and enjoying the flowers along the way. A much different ride than that taken by the KTM boys plus one.
Old 04-21-2014, 08:22 PM   #4628
smithe
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048 View Post

Found a place I have never been before. Iím going to get my $30 worth out of my Discovery Pass by golly.

Iíve been past the turn off for the backside of Long Lake Dam many times but had never been there so I decided to check it out. There is an over view of the dam above left which I have been to many, many times. There is a nice picnic area here.
Looks like you had a nice little ride. I have been around that loop a ton of times and never seen that turn off, where is it? Maybe it's because I wasn't really looking when riding my FJR?
smithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:53 PM   #4629
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

You have to slow down to spot it. Actually I had to look for it and I took a wrong turn to start with.

It's about two miles NW of the Ranger Station just off Charles Rd. It's between Hedin and N. Oxford.

The road is fairly new and is one way to the lake then comes back out on Hedin. My first attemp took me up Hedin where I found the road that goes to the Rec. Area but it had big do not enter signs. I headed back out Charles trying to figure out where I went wrong then I spotted a sign for the new road. I was looking for a geocache and then it became a challenge to figure out how to get in there. Of course once I figured it out it was one of those DuH moments.

Is your race this coming weekend? Are you ready for it?
Old 04-21-2014, 09:55 PM   #4630
Schweitzer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
Nice pictures Ladybug. I was riding in that area Sunday as well. I am certainly planning on attending the rally with Rocko on board.
Schweitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:28 PM   #4631
N-Id-Jim
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 608
Talking

Thats a Dam nice ride !! good pics too.

Thanks for posting!
N-Id-Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 06:25 AM   #4632
Jimmy the Heater
Tilting the Horizon

Oddometer: 1,857
Oh wow...that Sunset pic is about 15 miles from where I live and Pine City is less than 3 miles. That can be a nice ride
Jimmy the Heater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 07:48 AM   #4633
NERVE
Thrumming along

Oddometer: 320
Quote:
I got a little riding in this weekend too. It was too nice out not to.

It took me six and a half hours to ride 161 miles but I had a heck of a good time checking out small towns, looking for geocaches, and enjoying the flowers along the way. A much different ride than that taken by the KTM boys plus one.
Liking the kinder/gentler ride and report, LB. There are many ways to enjoy m/c's aren't there?
NERVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 08:32 PM   #4634
DoubleThumper
Purposefully Lost

Oddometer: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by NERVE View Post
Liking the kinder/gentler ride and report, LB. There are many ways to enjoy m/c's aren't there?

Ladybug style!

Thanks!

Sent from my MIND using TELEKINESIS V2.3
DoubleThumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 08:47 PM   #4635
Bgunn
Mucha distancia

Oddometer: 1,359
Quote:

You're doing it right. Nice variety of pics and taking it all in. Good write up.
Bgunn is offline   Reply With Quote