ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2014, 09:46 AM   #5236
jengel451
1 Cool MotherF#$cker

Oddometer: 744
There are a lot of good mechanics around, but there are also a lot of crappy Service Writers that stand in front of them.

"If" you tell the guy at the front counter things, more often than not, that information doesn't get documented and relayed to the guys doing the work. Or the service writer knows enough about the bikes to be dangerous and interprets their own take on things.

Not saying that's what happened here, but I've seen and experienced this breakdown quite a bit.
jengel451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 10:06 AM   #5237
75monza
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motomedic View Post
I've been known to do side work.....
Do this option.
75monza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 09:06 PM   #5238
Bgunn
Mucha distancia

Oddometer: 1,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live2Ride View Post
I have seen MM in action. Watched him completly strip down a 950 to the bare cases in 5 hours.

What he said...
Bgunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 09:58 PM   #5239
Motomedic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,477
In all fairness, it does take me a bit more time to put it together as opposed to taking it apart....

75Monza (you don't really have one of those do ya?), I know you didn't mean to insult anyone, and I do understand your frustration. In your shoes, I would probably give a bad review as well. If I came across as a bit snarky, my only defense is I was still drinking my morning coffee when I saw your post and replied.

And yeah, service writers can be a pain to deal with sometimes. More than once, I've gotten driveablity complaints like "customer states the bike doesn't run right". What the heck am I supposed to do with that? Can't you ask a few questions, maybe relay a bit more info to the guy who has to figure it out?

So, on another note, where's AFVET and his teaser of a ride at? Are we gonna try for round two or what?

And thanks for the votes of confidence, guys!

I don't have to agree with you to like you or respect you. -Anthony Bourdain
Motomedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 10:07 PM   #5240
EmptiMind
Stoopid Youngin'

Oddometer: 458
Figure I should ask here. Anyone have an M7x1 Helicoil kit that I may be able to borrow? Or have a recommended machinist?

Also, who has the blue/orange KTM 990 with 'GO!!!!!' written on the right side? I saw you pull into the Yoke parking lot, looked packed and ready for adventure.
Old 06-11-2014, 07:55 AM   #5241
vnp514
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 629
Went up to Sheep Creek Monday(up near NorthPort). No pics of the two black bear and one cow elk I saw(they were up into the brush when they saw me) but the scenery was fantastic!

Hope You're healing fast LB!

Pete
vnp514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 09:30 AM   #5242
75monza
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 329
Quote:
75Monza (you don't really have one of those do ya?),
Yes, I do have one. Owned it for over 15 years now. It needs some love (I spend too much on the bikes), but it still runs like a bat out of hell. Mine is still pretty much stock. It is super fun to drive with the v8 4 speed combo. Spent a lot of time driving it around Spokane for 2+ years before I moved back down south with it. Funny, not many people know what it is anymore.

Quote:
I know you didn't mean to insult anyone, and I do understand your frustration. In your shoes, I would probably give a bad review as well. If I came across as a bit snarky, my only defense is I was still drinking my morning coffee when I saw your post and replied.

And yeah, service writers can be a pain to deal with sometimes. More than once, I've gotten driveablity complaints like "customer states the bike doesn't run right". What the heck am I supposed to do with that? Can't you ask a few questions, maybe relay a bit more info to the guy who has to figure it out?
Frustration is one way to put it. When you specifically say "don't do this" and it happens anyway...

Don't get me wrong, they did good job on the part that I wanted them to do (the water pump still doesn't leak a drop). It was all the extra stuff that happened.

Anyway, if MM is willing to help out. Take him up on it. Sit down and have a good evening working on bikes drinking beer and learning about your bike.
75monza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 04:12 PM   #5243
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,809
Pete,

Nice pictures it looks like you had a fun ride with beautiful weather.

I am healing and I'm sure the wild roses helped
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 05:34 PM   #5244
thetourist
Just passing thru

Oddometer: 4,056
The wild roses are blooming here. Route thru some side roads between Palouse and Moscow on your way to Enterprise. My lane smells real nice.
thetourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 05:56 PM   #5245
smithe
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 360
Anyone up for a short ride Saturday morning? I am thinking of riding out to Long Lake dam, Little Falls dam and just whatever in that area for a few hours total. No real plan beyond that.
smithe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 07:35 PM   #5246
Motomedic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,477
Quote:
Originally Posted by 75monza View Post
Yes, I do have one. Owned it for over 15 years now. It needs some love (I spend too much on the bikes), but it still runs like a bat out of hell. Mine is still pretty much stock. It is super fun to drive with the v8 4 speed combo. Spent a lot of time driving it around Spokane for 2+ years before I moved back down south with it. Funny, not many people know what it is anymore.

So, 262ci or 350ci? I think the 350s were CA cars with that really crappy lo-po "smog" motor, but I remember the 262s as being kinda fun.....

I don't have to agree with you to like you or respect you. -Anthony Bourdain
Motomedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 08:33 PM   #5247
AFVET84
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Quote:

So, on another note, where's AFVET and his teaser of a ride at? Are we gonna try for round two or what?

And thanks for the votes of confidence, guys!
I'm right here MM. Working on my ghetto-fabulous chainsaw mount. I'll bring a chainsaw for the trees and a shovel for the snow. Oh yeah, I'm bringing my son to operate the shovel. So where and when are we meeting? My vote is for otis grill. 8 or 9 ish. Scooter steve said he's interested, Dr Hemlock is going out of town. Anybody else? Empty mind? This time we wont be denied!
AFVET84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 10:54 PM   #5248
IdahoRenegade
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,478
Quote:
So, 262ci or 350ci? I think the 350s were CA cars with that really crappy lo-po "smog" motor, but I remember the 262s as being kinda fun.....
Seems like it would be a fun car with some work on the 350. Cam, intake and exhaust to let it breath, dump the emissions junk and perhaps bump the compression if he wanted to go that far. Small blocks (every motor for that matter) from that era were just so choked. The feds mandated emissions requirements that would take another 20 years of development to meet w/o sacrificing decent performance and economy. IIRC the 350 was ~135hp. Which is too bad, I liked the body style of the Monza, good looking cars.
IdahoRenegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 10:55 PM   #5249
IdahoRenegade
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithe View Post
Anyone up for a short ride Saturday morning? I am thinking of riding out to Long Lake dam, Little Falls dam and just whatever in that area for a few hours total. No real plan beyond that.
What time and where meet? I might be up for that. Will have to see if I can get a kitchen pass.
IdahoRenegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 11:01 PM   #5250
smithe
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoRenegade View Post
What time and where meet? I might be up for that. Will have to see if I can get a kitchen pass.
I am open pretty much all day and excellent question. I was going to figure that out once I got any takers or not.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk