ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2011, 09:29 AM   #826
Scoutman
Master of Ale

Oddometer: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by moto-treks View Post
Hmmmmm - what do you have in mind?
Camping is out for me as I only have a day pass. I don't really have a route in mind, though I had previously thought about up to Thompson Falls and over the hill, then try to figure out a way down to the river from there? I am game for anything really. Basically just want to do a longer shake down run so I can figure out what needs to be done over the winter. I am just running the scorpions that were on the 950 when I bought it, so that rules out anything too terribly gnarly, You have any ideas??
Scoutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:25 AM   #827
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 9,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by moto-treks View Post
Dirty? - I just don't like cleaning'm

We do have a disadvantage on the dry side, nature doesn't wash our bikes very often unless of course a water crossing can be found.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 07:44 PM   #828
WU7X
The Old Fart

Oddometer: 1,820
No show for the 20th.

I had a "slight" drop yesterday (again). The bike's O.K. but I dinged up the shoulder a bit. Four weeks of PT and some pain pills before I'm offically supposed to ride again. But will try to shortened that last part up a bit. No beer while on the pain pills .

I'm thinking about riding up past Avery and camping along the St. Joe mid-to-late Sept. for a couple of days of fly fishing.

WU7X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 08:49 PM   #829
DoktorT
BigBrowedNeandereer

Oddometer: 1,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by WU7X View Post
I had a "slight" drop yesterday (again). The bike's O.K. but I dinged up the shoulder a bit. Four weeks of PT and some pain pills before I'm offically supposed to ride again. But will try to shortened that last part up a bit. No beer while on the pain pills .

I'm thinking about riding up past Avery and camping along the St. Joe mid-to-late Sept. for a couple of days of fly fishing.
Find out how much the PT and pain pills are, then skip the pills/PT and buy that much beer. Beer is a fine pain killer don't you know. You don't need a therapist to tell you to stretch and work your arm. Just do the beer then do the arm. Work through the pain and laugh at the Doc.
DoktorT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 08:53 PM   #830
airheadbruce
Uncle Dumbshit

Oddometer: 469
Well my plans were to rv overnight by the Mission Inn in Cataldo somewhere friday night, then Saturday ride dirt to the big Eddy. Return to Cataldo via Avery to Wallace over Moon Pass or something more interesting like Slate Creek? We'rte now thinking of rv'ing at Huckleberry or Big Eddy but we can't get out early friday. Now if someone were to hold a nice spot for us at Big Eddy we could head there Friday night and stay till Sunday. hmmmmmm.....
2008 Yamaha Zuma

airheadbruce screwed with this post 08-12-2011 at 08:59 PM
airheadbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 09:01 PM   #831
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Quote:

Darn. I hope you heal rapidly. Do as the Doctor tells you and give it the time needed to heal as it should.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airheadbruce View Post
Well my plans are to rv overnight by the Mission Inn in Cataldo somewhere friday night, then Saturday ride dirt to the big Eddy. Return to Cataldo via Avery to Wallace over Moon Pass or something more interesting like Slate Creek? We were thinking of rv'ing at Huckleberry or Big Eddy but we can't get out early friday. Now if someone were to hold a nice spot for us at Big Eddy we could head there Friday night and stay till Sunday. hmmmmmm.....
You can call Big Eddy and reserve a spot. Does the campground there ever get full? I know Huckleberry does but Big Eddy.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:14 PM   #832
airheadbruce
Uncle Dumbshit

Oddometer: 469
OK, bugsister, Rod at the big eddy says we've got space #2 for Friday night through Sunday. He is at 208 245 4075 if anyone else needs the #. I'll be on the Sherpa and looking for some nice roads to explore.
2008 Yamaha Zuma

airheadbruce screwed with this post 08-12-2011 at 09:29 PM
airheadbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:12 PM   #833
Alpha One Nine
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 555
Eh?

Quote:

Hope you get better soon. I too had a recent off-road tip over and banged up my shoulder and ribs.

I submitted a medical claim to my motorcycle insurance and ended up getting dinged for a “failed to maintain control of a motor vehicle” accident which is likely affect my car insurance rates.
They said if my bike was not plated this would not be the case.
2005 KLR650 - The KLR
2010 R1200RT - The Ultimate Touring Machine

Alpha One Nine screwed with this post 08-12-2011 at 11:18 PM
Alpha One Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 03:59 AM   #834
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by airheadbruce View Post
OK, bugsister, Rod at the big eddy says we've got space #2 for Friday night through Sunday. He is at 208 245 4075 if anyone else needs the #. I'll be on the Sherpa and looking for some nice roads to explore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha One Nine View Post
Hope you get better soon. I too had a recent off-road tip over and banged up my shoulder and ribs.

I submitted a medical claim to my motorcycle insurance and ended up getting dinged for a “failed to maintain control of a motor vehicle” accident which is likely affect my car insurance rates.
They said if my bike was not plated this would not be the case.
That's rotten. I hope it doesn't affect your car insurance.
Old 08-13-2011, 07:35 AM   #835
Bucket Boy
The other mechanic

Oddometer: 356
In case anybody local needs a ADV bike all setup: I have an '06 Vstrom for sale: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=715537

Thanks, BB
Bucket Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 08:47 AM   #836
WU7X
The Old Fart

Oddometer: 1,820
Really nice looking WeeStrom

Wish I would have able to get that from you two years ago. SWMBO keeps insisting that my next bike have training wheels. Wonder why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket Boy View Post
In case anybody local needs a ADV bike all setup: I have an '06 Vstrom for sale: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=715537

Thanks, BB

WU7X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 09:18 PM   #837
big jer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048 View Post
Hi everyone, I have invited a new person to join in on the fun for the 20th. He has a nice F800 enjoys riding on dirt but hasn't met others yet that like to get their bikes dirty. Hopefully he will get registered here soon and pop in to introduce himself. When he does be sure to give him a great big welcome.

How many of you are going to camp down at Calder the weekend of the 20th. I'm thinking about making a weekend of it but don't have firm plans yet. Rainbow has already posted she will be down there camping and I think A19 said something about doing that too.

Has anyone heard from Big Jer lately? We need to see if we can get him to come join us that weekend, it's been a while since I've seen him too.
big jer is still kickin, just been busy, had the 990 over moon pass twice this year, once on the 4th of july with my cuz, and last weekend coming back from the '' testical festival '' supposed to go salmon fishing on the coast the 20th,buuuuuuut. bought a camptrailer and the 650 needs the cobwebs blowed out of it, so ya never know might see ya there late friday.
big jer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 10:21 PM   #838
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Hi Jer

Nice to see an update from you.
Old 08-14-2011, 08:07 AM   #839
big jer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86