ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2011, 06:37 PM   #961
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrStrangeride View Post
Greeeaaaat photos Al. Enjoyed meeting you and perhaps sometime a little single tracking is in order. BTW I did not find you as being all that "loud".....break a leg man!

We need to get him out here for more than just a day and with his Husky. He'd have fun going out single tracking with you.

No more broken legs for either of you
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 08:40 PM   #962
WU7X
The Old Fart

Oddometer: 1,901
ID HIghway 12 question

My brother Kevin is out here visiting. He road his Harley Road King and had a great time coming across from Minnesota on highway 2.

On his way home, I suggested he try Idaho Highway 12 across the Lolo Pass. He says he can go ~150 miles between fuel stops. Will he be able to do Highway 12 without any problems???

Dale
"
Adventure is worthwhile." ~ Aristotle
Airhead #14449
WU7X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 08:57 PM   #963
DrStrangeride
Let them Eat Roost

Oddometer: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootenai Rider View Post
Yep... David's still around.... I think he's taking a loooong trip right now. I just saw pics from today on Facebook that he's up by Glacier NP....

Good to see you're up and about....you riding much?
Riding every chance I get. Very busy, but usually squeeze-in one 6-8 hr ride a week. Schedule does not allow planning so I just go when I can. Hope to see you soon.
DrStrangeride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:57 PM   #964
kimel
I hit what?

Oddometer: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by WU7X View Post
My brother Kevin is out here visiting. He road his Harley Road King and had a great time coming across from Minnesota on highway 2.

On his way home, I suggested he try Idaho Highway 12 across the Lolo Pass. He says he can go ~150 miles between fuel stops. Will he be able to do Highway 12 without any problems???

Dale
It will be tight Kooskia, ID to Lolo, MT. I can't recall any place for gas between there off hand. It's been a few years since I have done that route and I've not done the whole thing on a bike (yet). It's right around 150 miles between the two if my memory serves.
kimel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 02:04 AM   #965
Idarider
R1200GS

Oddometer: 1,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by WU7X View Post

Dale
Syringa and Powell ( Lochsa lodge ) both have gas. No problems, the road is full of harleys on most weekends.

He missed out on the 8000 lb rolls of tissue paper in the river, one of the great wonders of the...not much. Finally hauled out of the river.
Old 08-26-2011, 07:50 PM   #966
kimel
I hit what?

Oddometer: 206
I kinda wondered how long the river stopped flowing while all the TP sucked up the water. 8k lbs dry...what were they WET? :)
kimel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 09:22 PM   #967
moto-treks
Back Home

Oddometer: 1,772
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimel View Post
I kinda wondered how long the river stopped flowing while all the TP sucked up the water. 8k lbs dry...what were they WET? :)
soggy

Moto-Treks
moto-treks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 05:59 PM   #968
Rainier_Rider
Gone

Oddometer: 1,560
Which one of you left knobbie tracks in my driveway?
Old 08-28-2011, 06:03 PM   #969
Kootenai Rider
Displaced Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainier_Rider View Post
Which one of you left knobbie tracks in my driveway?
Not me...maybe next weekend though...

2012 KTM 250XC-W "Ginger"
Kootenai Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 06:05 AM   #970
Rainier_Rider
Gone

Oddometer: 1,560
That would be great.
Technical up and down single track to forest roads.
Lots of tent space for anyone else that wants to come up.
Old 09-05-2011, 10:03 PM   #971
IdahoRenegade
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,295
This thread has been way to quiet, what's everyone been up to? I took a nice ride around Priest Lake yesterday. Headed up past Nordman and Stagger Inn, up to where the road ends near the Canadian border. Had lunch and enjoyed some views, then headed back past Lions Head and along the east side of the lake. I had planned to explore some of the back roads on the east side, but didn't have time. Saving that for another day. No pics, camera is in the shop.

IdahoRenegade screwed with this post 09-06-2011 at 07:46 PM
IdahoRenegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:14 PM   #972
Kootenai Rider
Displaced Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,258
Camped up by Priest Lake this weekend along the river... I only rode as far as heading up to Coolin for Icecream. Spent the rest of the time floating the river, sitting around the camp fire and drinking beer.

I did manage to highside the ol' KLR at about 20mph going through some down hill, off camber, in a turn Kelly humps... broke my front Blinker mount and put a small hole in my Snort N Boar shirt... other than that, no damage.

2012 KTM 250XC-W "Ginger"
Kootenai Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:36 AM   #973
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoRenegade View Post
This threads been way to quiet, what's everyone been up to? I took a nice ride around Priest Lake yesterday. Headed up past Nordman and Stagger Inn, up to where the road ends near the Canadian border. Had lunch and enjoyed some views, then headed back past Lions Head and along the east side of the lake. I had planned to explore some of the back roads on the east side, but didn't have time. Saving that for another day. No pics, camera is in the shop.
So, the question is - - - Is it possible to ride around the lake? Looks like you had a good time too bad your camera is in the shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootenai Rider View Post
Camped up by Priest Lake this weekend along the river... I only rode as far as heading up to Coolin for Icecream. Spent the rest of the time floating the river, sitting around the camp fire and drinking beer.

I did manage to highside the ol' KLR at about 20mph going through some down hill, off camber, in a turn Kelly humps... broke my front Blinker mount and put a small hole in my Snort N Boar shirt... other than that, no damage.
You're poor KLR, it sure has taken some abuse and at least you didn't put a hole in your Outta Sight shirt (priorities ).

I headed N and W and only made it as far as about 10 miles north of Inchelium and decided I didn't want to be out on a holiday weekend and went home. I did camp on Lake Roosevelt though and that was nice. Pictures will come later I haven't dumped them into smugmug yet.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 07:41 AM   #974
IdahoRenegade
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048 View Post
So, the question is - - - Is it possible to ride around the lake? Looks like you had a good time too bad your camera is in the shop.
Yeah, it's a piece of cake. Stay on the main road past the Saddle Inn/Granite Falls stop, go maybe 10-15 miles. There is a well signed intersection with a sign to Lions Head. It drops you out at the campground on the NE side of lower Priest. It's a good, big bike friendly road...even I kept it vertical. I just buzzed back on East Side Cutoff, I want to take more time and explore some backroads east of the lake one of these days. I'll shoot you the GPS track, the actual road doesn't follow the one I laid out on my GPS map.
IdahoRenegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 07:42 AM   #975
WU7X
The Old Fart

Oddometer: 1,901
Stuck on the asphalt

I've only been doing short rides north of town, plus a few to the physical therapist's office. I plan on caging it down to wetfest on Friday. Hoping a few sidecar drivers will be there. Going still depends on what the doc lets me know about my shoulder. I'm dreading the idea of surgery if it comes to that.

This is my favorite time of year to ride. Sunny, warm days and cool, clear nights.

Some sad news; looks like OutRider Journal is pulling up stakes after only two issues. Dang!
"
Adventure is worthwhile." ~ Aristotle
Airhead #14449
WU7X is offline   Reply With Quote