ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2011, 08:59 PM   #1141
Schweitzer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
Hey I'm new to AdvRider so I'm trying to post to some Spokane dual sport riders to get some riding partners for the rest of the season and next spring. I'm experimenting trying to post a pic of my bike but my post failed last night. I can't find any directions so just tried to send an attachment. It acts like it is working and then says there is an error. So here goes again. Well the picture didn't take again but hello anyway to all you riders that follow this post. I'm interested in dual sport rides with a preference towards dirt but like pavement as well. I'm riding an 08 KTM 990 but also have a KTM 450 EXC for single track. See ya.
Schweitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 09:08 PM   #1142
WU7X
The Old Fart

Oddometer: 1,884
Welcome Schweitzer!

You should have no problems finding folks to go riding with. You have a nice stable of bikes there.
I was born lost and take no pleasure in being found." ~ John Steinbeck

WU7X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 09:45 PM   #1143
Schweitzer
Adventurer

Hey I'm just reading the last couple of weeks of this post so I'm late in responding BUT I would do a weekend ride to Kooski as long as there is a motel to stay in. Too cold to camp. I can't go this weekend (Oct 22) but could go the next if it looks like the weather doesn't get to cold. I did a similar route this summer, Macgruder Trail over the mountains with overnite in Hamilton and back on the Lolo Byway to Pierce for the nite. Next day north through logging country to Clarkia and pavement home. Loved the trip. Let me know or perhaps as I read on in the blogs I will run into the plan if there is one. Thanks.
Old 10-19-2011, 09:56 PM   #1144
Apple Jam
Forest Flyer

Oddometer: 6,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schweitzer View Post
I can't find any directions so just tried to send an attachment.
Check THIS out...(use option #2)

Lots of info in the "Ask Baldy, Blame AceRph" forum

Welcome, BTW....
...then that land should be open for public use" (peterman)
Apple Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 10:57 PM   #1145
Schweitzer
Adventurer

Thanks for the welcomes and info. Why am I a noOOb and what does that mean. And what is Jo Mamma and is that something I need to opt in for. I am enjoying this AdvRider but can't seem to find any directions. Thanks.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:02 PM   #1146
Kootenai Rider
Displaced Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,256
So Schweitzer, you have a fo' fiddy for single tracking. Ever done the Freezeout loops down by Clarkia? A couple of us are talking about doing it Halloween weekend. Fun trail. No ATV's, but wide enough in spots that you can rip it in 4th gear.

2012 KTM 250XC-W "Ginger"
Kootenai Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 11:03 PM   #1147
Kootenai Rider
Displaced Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048 View Post
Hushhhhhh no S words allowed. You just don't want us to go without you.
I never let a little snowstorm stop me from riding. I'm about to stud up the tires on the ol' Fo' Fiddy, and maybe the KLR.

2012 KTM 250XC-W "Ginger"
Kootenai Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 04:25 AM   #1148
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schweitzer View Post
Thanks for the welcomes and info. Why am I a noOOb and what does that mean. And what is Jo Mamma and is that something I need to opt in for. I am enjoying this AdvRider but can't seem to find any directions. Thanks.
Welcome Scheweitzer,
There is some creative spelling in the ADV world. nOOb means you are a new guy, a newbie = nOOb - If you get imaginative with nOOb you can exchange the n for a b and add a couple well placed dots and the boys in jo momma are entertained. I remind myself boys will be boys and get a bit silly at times.

Jo momma = this were all the off topic stuff lives, in the basement. Sometimes there is some good stuff there but mostly joking around. You have to be logged in to access that part.

Keep an eye on this thread and when you get a chance come join us when we get together and meet everyone.

There will still be a few people riding as long as they can get there bikes out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootenai Rider View Post
I never let a little snowstorm stop me from riding. I'm about to stud up the tires on the ol' Fo' Fiddy, and maybe the KLR.
My bikes get to hybernate when it snows. I'll let a little snow stop me every time but I'm older and wiser. Yep, that's it - I'm using that older and wiser thing, it beats the heck out of being an old has been.

Ladybug0048 screwed with this post 10-20-2011 at 10:50 AM
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 10:42 AM   #1149
dillon
Low Speed, High Drag

Oddometer: 1,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by airheadbruce View Post
Anybody riding Saturday? I may try Hoodoo then Priest Lake somewhere.... meet for a not too early breakfast/brunch in
Blanchard?
Im a no go this Saturday, Im planting trees, then going to a wedding
Old 10-20-2011, 11:51 AM   #1150
IdahoRenegade
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by dillon View Post
Im a no go this Saturday, Im planting trees, ...
Funny, that's what I did last Sunday. 60 larch and p-pine at my place. This weekend...catch up on honeydos.

Really would rather be riding!
IdahoRenegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 07:28 PM   #1151
Schweitzer
Adventurer

Thanks for the info Ladybug. I will definately join you folks. Hey Kootenai Rider, a dirtbike ride sounds warmer than a dual sport ride. I have traveled from Pierce to Clarkia, basically lost in the woods the whole time but we were on double track. Sounds like we must trailer the bikes to Clarkia. Sounds good to me. I got my 990 a couple months ago so I have neglected my dirt bike. Keep me posted on details. Thanks.
Old 10-20-2011, 07:29 PM   #1152
vnp514
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 614
Quote:
As long as buglady hugs are available, an Avery run sounds good to me. Wallace to Slate Creek, to Avery(?) to Big Eddy then maybe back up Rochat Road?
What kind of ride is this(single track, forest roads, etc.)? I'm not familiar with the area at all(pretty new to the Spokane area). My DR650 is still down until I can find someone to fix the base gasket but I've got this:

Still has the stock Metz tires on it. I'm a slow poke and like to take a few pics along the way-

I'm not 100 percent sure about Saturday but I'll know in the am. How ever it turns out, I'd sure like to meet some of the locals sometime.

Pete
vnp514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 04:24 AM   #1153
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Hi Pete,

The ride to Avery we're talking about is pavement and forest roads. If you can please come join us.
Old 10-21-2011, 06:51 PM   #1154
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Just in case there is someone that hasn't seen Bruce's posts and need to go riding tomorrow - - - -
Quote:
As long as buglady hugs are available, an Avery run sounds good to me. Wallace to Slate Creek, to Avery(?) to Big Eddy then maybe back up Rochat Road?
Quote:
If we go east to Wallace, maybe we should breakfast at one of my secret "great" breakfast spots.... near Idaho college... .... Fort Grounds Grill.....9 AM, be there
See you at the Fort Grounds Grill:
705 River Ave
Coeur D Alene, ID 83814
S. From NW Blvd. on W Park Dr, about a block turn W on River Ave. for a block and a half and you're there (at least that's how it looks on the map).
Old 10-21-2011, 08:12 PM   #1155
IdahoRenegade
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,270
Man, I wish I could join you guys tomorrow. I'm going to be spending the weekend cleaning up some rides and getting them ready to sell. The DR is going to go away, as is my namesake, the Can-Am Renegade. Gotta pay for some farkles for the WRR.
IdahoRenegade is offline   Reply With Quote