User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2011, 07:07 PM   #121
Snowclem
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
Olds

It must be a 57. I wasn't sure if it was a 7 or 8, but my 1st car was a 56 Olds. Wish I still had it. I also want to say I thought you expressed the "feel" of the ride in your RR extremely well. Thank-you for posting it.
Snowclem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 05:47 PM   #122
Ash
UFO Pilot

Oddometer: 468
Great ride report and pictures girls.
Really enjoyed the time you put into posting it.
PS
I hope your next adventure and ride report is a cracker.
Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 05:58 PM   #123
soph9 OP
Bike Addict

Oddometer: 2,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowclem View Post
It must be a 57. I wasn't sure if it was a 7 or 8, but my 1st car was a 56 Olds. Wish I still had it. I also want to say I thought you expressed the "feel" of the ride in your RR extremely well. Thank-you for posting it.
it is a '57 good eye....my father did not restore the Olds...he wrote a cheque, takes it to shows and wins....
soph9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:02 AM   #124
Lurch II
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 583
Just stumbled on this RR. Great report ladies - very impressive trip. We ALL bitched about the heat and humidity this past summer - but now not so much. Snowing and 8 degrees F.

Shawn
2007 R1200GSA - Lurch II (his)
2007 R1200GS - Wickd (hers)
"Dying is a very dull, dreary affair. And my advice to you is to have nothing whatever to do with it." - W. Somerset Maugham
Lurch II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:11 AM   #125
soph9 OP
Bike Addict

that heat was probably the most mentally and physically challenging part of the trip!
Old 02-22-2011, 05:21 PM   #126
DRRambler
AKA Albertastrom

Oddometer: 833
Great RR Gals! Some long days in the saddle but you did well to get in the touristy stuff that you did.

Have fun in Alaska...bring DEET!
DRRambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:28 PM   #127
soph9 OP
Bike Addict

Compilation 2010 Tour

Just put together a compilation of our trip...it's long, so skip it, watch it, skim it...whatever....it was fun to remember! Watch on full screen and HD

Cross Country Road Trip 2010 from Leslie Sofarelli on Vimeo.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:41 PM   #128
mobyfubar
cd /;rm -rf *

Oddometer: 251
Thanks for posting. Great RR! You got some wonderful photos of beautiful scenery; I really enjoyed it.
mobyfubar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 06:29 AM   #129
soph9 OP
Bike Addict

thanks...I hope to improve on my RR for our next trip...more pics, better videos and more info about routes etc....this was good practise for this summers trip....just have to get my partner more involved in using the helmet cam and take videos..
Old 04-24-2011, 12:33 PM   #130
Meatn'taters
Not any more

Oddometer: 232
Stumbled onto your RR and there went several enjoyable hours! Thank you for sharing! I have your same bike, with the Jesse's, except the rear top box. How critical is it to have that top box on a multi week trip? I have the same Wolfman bag.

Weekend stuff I fill the Wolfman with all camping stuff, one side bag clothes etc., other side bag bike stuff (tools, parts, etc.). I also have your same GPS - though I need some lessons from Cheryl, cause I ain't too good with it.

Great to read a RR with our bike - there aren't many. I love my bike as you love yours - light, nimble, comfortable, smooth, reliable, minimal vibration, etc. Thanks again for the hours of work to create the RR for us to share with you.

"You got to be careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there".
Yogi Berra
Meatn'taters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 06:06 PM   #131
soph9 OP
Bike Addict

not critical to have a top box but comes in handy when you do not want to carry your helmet. I am not sure if we are going to take our top box this year when we head to Alaska....still pondering the idea of just taking two dry bags.

This summers trip will be much more challenging than last summer and longer...we are going for at least 40 days. Leave July 4th and we are going to try and do a live RR....
Old 06-05-2011, 04:35 AM   #132
soph9 OP
Bike Addict

Our New Adventure for 2011

This will be our thread for our first attempt at a LIVE report from the road when we leave from the Vancouver area of BC, Canada and head up to the Yukon, NWT, Alaska and back home. Around 42-45 days, hitting destinations like Inuvik, NWT and Prudhoe Bay, Alaska. Lot's in between!

FOUND HERE or in my signature:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=693154

My partner is Cheryl aka BeemerBug...I will be typing in ORANGE and Cheryl/aka BeemerBug will be BLUE

We are honored and privileged to be able to ride two of the brand newly released 2012 Triumph Tiger 800 XC w/ABS bikes on this adventure. Triumph Canada and Western Powersports are sponsoring this trip but we are responsible for all expenses. Just wanted to make that clear in the beginning.

Triumph Canada]
Western Powersports]

We leave June 29th, 2011 so stay tuned to this thread and we will be adding more info such as our intros to who were are and more social media links and sponsors. Just wanted to get this out there while we are still in the prep stages.

If interested we have a facebook page too!

CHERYL & LESLIE'S TRIUMPH TIGER 800 XC ADV

Hope many of you will come along for the ride with us....2 women who just love to ADV ride!

We will be raising money for ACT-Autism Community Training!

ACT WEB SITE

You can donate directly to them or to our paypal account and we will donate money raised in the name of our trip at the end. Please take the time and read up on this great Organization and help out parents who have Autistic children! When you donate to ACT directly just mention this ride!

Paypal account soph9@telus.net

Just put in the message this is for ACT...all proceeds go to ACT not the trip! We thank you in advance!
Old 08-14-2011, 12:14 PM   #133
soph9 OP
Bike Addict

we just got back from our 44 day Triumph Tiger 800XC adventure.

If anyone is interested check out the RR and review of the bikes we borrowed!

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=696871
Old 08-26-2011, 07:52 AM   #134
superfunkomatic
Funky Monkey Trunk

Oddometer: 92
I'm certainly taking notes of the routes you took through BC off road. They look like a lot of fun. Next year….
superfunkomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 07:55 AM   #135
soph9 OP
Bike Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfunkomatic View Post
I'm certainly taking notes of the routes you took through BC off road. They look like a lot of fun. Next year….
there are so many...get yourself the BC backroad map book...because there are 1000's of dirt logging roads etc...that one can ride! Have fun we sure did and do!