User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2010, 11:51 PM   #1
onesaintsfan OP
BigJohnHart

Oddometer: 1,299
Eh? Lake Forest IL, Highwood IL, Lake Bluff IL

Need an ole timer that lives in the area to PM me.

I grew up in Lake Forest as a kid, at S. Western and Morningside Dr. Have not been there in 37 years. I am going to Iowa to visit a aunt and Uncle I have not seen in about that long.

Going to go through Lake Forest and take a pic of my old house and then on to Indy for MotoGP from there.

I remember my parents taking me to an old Italian resturant I think in Highwood my the name of ( spelling guess here ) Scornavacco's. It was right next to the railroad tracks I think.

Anyway, just wondering if it is still there. I know I dont see it in the yellow pages but may have spelling wrong.
2005 Chaparral 210ssi " Native Sun II "
onesaintsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 06:10 PM   #2
tedmarshall
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 512
Ah Scornavacco's

Picked up girls there in early 70'S during disco summers. Sadly it's gone, can't remember the name of the new joint. The wave of Mexican-Americans immigrating to Highwood as well as the uber-yuppies and oldster retirees at the Fort Sheridan Development (wait until you see this gated community?!) have really changed the social mix in town. FWIW the Nitengale is still there.

Ted
tedmarshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 09:11 PM   #3
onesaintsfan OP
BigJohnHart

Oddometer: 1,299
Cool2 Nitengale

The nitengale, WOW! interesting how I have not heard that name in 40 years but soon as you printed it, it poped on in my head like a light bulb. HE HE.

I was pleased I got a phone call from the lady that lives in my childhood home. She welcomes me to come by and is going to fix me lunch. Very much looking forward to the visit on the way to INDY.

Going to arrive Thursday the 26th and go by my old school ( Cherokee ) then go by the golf course I cattyed at on old elm. When I leave morningside dr, I am going to cross the tracks and ride Ft. Sheridan rd down through highwood, and highland park.

I remember being able to watch plans land at Ft. Sheridan from my bedroom window. I will bet you cant even rocognize it now.

Did some research. Same family owns it, just named Washington Gardens now. Still in same location serving Scornavacco recipes. So, wanna guess where I will be eating lunch that day?
2005 Chaparral 210ssi " Native Sun II "

onesaintsfan screwed with this post 08-19-2010 at 09:27 PM
onesaintsfan is offline   Reply With Quote