ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-07-2013, 02:38 PM   #676
Tom-Nor
Wannabe Adventurer
 
Tom-Nor's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Location: Norway west coast
Oddometer: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagespeed View Post
40-60 mph roll-ons? well i'd say the striple is doing just fine.

-2013 BMW HP4 40-60 mph; 2.8 sec
-2013 Ducati Panigale 40-60 mph; 2.9 sec
-2012 STREET TRIPLE R 40-60 mph; 3.3 sec
-2012 Kawasaki ZX14R 40-60 mph; 3.3 sec
-2011 Daytona R 40-60mph; 3.5 sec
-2012 MV Agusta F3 675 40-60 mph; 3.6 sec
-2011 Kawasaki ZX10R 40-60 mph; 3.9 sec
-2012 Ducati 848 Evo 40-60 mph; 4.2 sec
-2012 Ninja 250 40-60 mph; 7.5 sec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripped1 View Post
Heh same time as a ZX-14....and faster than a Daytona R? There are those extra two teeth on the back sprocket.
I am not trying to take anything away from the street3, i am a litle triumph fan and have been lusting the speed3 since MI:2 movie.

To take a 6th gear test for a bike with the top speed of 135-140mph vs a bike thats limited electronic to 186mph dont tell you anything, at 3rd gear the ZX14R has a speed or atleast very close to the street3 top speed. And the ZX14R goes from 0-150mph in 10sec(not with me behind the bars)
But the street3 and ZX14R are two different animals.

But the BMW S1000RR is impressiv, iv seen test wher the ZX14,Busa and S1000RR in streight line speedtest wher the Busa and ZX14 tied on 0-60mph but from ther the S1000RR won everything
__________________
Kawasaki ZZR1400(ZX14)
Tom-Nor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:06 AM   #677
vintagespeed
fNg
 
vintagespeed's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: Rancho Cucamonger, CA
Oddometer: 1,729
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom-Nor View Post
...To take a 6th gear test for a bike with the top speed of 135-140mph vs a bike thats limited electronic to 186mph dont tell you anything...
sure it does. tells us that the STR will kick the ZX14s ass in a 40-60mph roll on.










we're all riders here people, does anyone actually DO a 40-60mph roll on in 6th gear? no. and duh.
__________________
530EXCR and a bunch of 2 strokes that you dont want to read about. :)

TAT-2013: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=913898
SoCal_NoDak-2012: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=829203
vintagespeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:28 AM   #678
Tom-Nor
Wannabe Adventurer
 
Tom-Nor's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Location: Norway west coast
Oddometer: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagespeed View Post
sure it does. tells us that the STR will kick the ZX14s ass in a 40-60mph roll on.










we're all riders here people, does anyone actually DO a 40-60mph roll on in 6th gear? no. and duh.
First
A roll on test from 40-180mph shuld be done

Secound, i actualy do roll on in 6th gear when i am testing other bikes
__________________
Kawasaki ZZR1400(ZX14)
Tom-Nor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:01 AM   #679
vintagespeed
fNg
 
vintagespeed's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: Rancho Cucamonger, CA
Oddometer: 1,729
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom-Nor View Post
First
A roll on test from 40-180mph shuld be done

Secound, i actualy do roll on in 6th gear when i am testing other bikes
ha, well top speeds are great once in awhile. everyone likes to squid out occasionally. the STR is geared for the riding that you do everyday, around town and in the twisties. where the ZX14 and Speedy fall a little short.
__________________
530EXCR and a bunch of 2 strokes that you dont want to read about. :)

TAT-2013: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=913898
SoCal_NoDak-2012: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=829203
vintagespeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:31 AM   #680
Tom-Nor
Wannabe Adventurer
 
Tom-Nor's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Location: Norway west coast
Oddometer: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagespeed View Post
ha, well top speeds are great once in awhile. everyone likes to squid out occasionally. the STR is geared for the riding that you do everyday, around town and in the twisties. where the ZX14 and Speedy fall a little short.
If you had seen wher i live you wouldent have said that
Fjords and mountains, full of twisties and narrow roads. Ofcourse the ZX isn't as nimble as the street3 but thers no problem removing the chicken strips on the tiers and the top torque that the street3 has, is just what the ZX14 produces when its idling.
The biggest city within four hour ride takes about 4min to ride threw. Heaven for motorbikers in summer, hell for semi trailers in winter
But now we are getting way way oftopic sorry
__________________
Kawasaki ZZR1400(ZX14)
Tom-Nor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:30 PM   #681
Tripped1
Likely Lost.
 
Tripped1's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Sandy Eggo
Oddometer: 7,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagespeed View Post
ha, well top speeds are great once in awhile. everyone likes to squid out occasionally. the STR is geared for the riding that you do everyday, around town and in the twisties. where the ZX14 and Speedy fall a little short.

My Speed Triple tops out under 130mph.....something about being -1/+3.

It'll rock third gear power wheelies like its cool though
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by RottenScummyTroll View Post
Show folks something with a clutch and carburetor, and it's like teaching a baboon to use a Macbook.
Tripped1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 04:01 PM   #682
Pinoy
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2013
Oddometer: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjensen641 View Post
What are people seeing for OTD pricing on '13 STRs? Looks like my trusted semi local dealer is talking right at $11k OTD with TTL. No setup or doc fees, just tax and triumph freight charge. Also mentioned deals on any acessories. Im guessing this is about as good as it gets considering the demand and new model year.


Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2
Just got my '13 Street Triple R this past Father's day as a gift from my wife. I live in SoCal, the best price I got from the surrounding dealers was $10.6K OTD.

Triumph has a $350 kick back for military personnel as well as veterans. I got the bike, 15% discount off parts/accessories and a 3 day paid trip to the AVI resort and Casino in Laughlin for $10,250 OTD.


Pinoy screwed with this post 07-15-2013 at 04:08 PM
Pinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:06 PM   #683
C/1/509
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Oddometer: 3,838
^^^^ Salt, meet wound! Nice bike dude. I don't need a new bike at all, but am lusting after the Street R and the SMT at the moment. Your pictures don't help either!
C/1/509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:36 AM   #684
Shep
Vagabond
 
Shep's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: The State of Indecision
Oddometer: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by C/1/509 View Post
^^^^ Salt, meet wound! Nice bike dude. I don't need a new bike at all, but am lusting after the Street R and the SMT at the moment. Your pictures don't help either!
I have the Street Triple and I'm lusting for the SMT to go with it...or the Multi 1200...or maybe even the Tiger Sport if they just sold them here.You get the idea.

Shep
__________________
Looking for the Road Less Traveled...and a 690 Duke.
http://motorheadcoffee.wordpress.com/
Shep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:57 PM   #685
JeffPM
Gnarly Adventurer
 
JeffPM's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Oddometer: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinoy View Post
Just got my '13 Street Triple R this past Father's day as a gift from my wife. I live in SoCal, the best price I got from the surrounding dealers was $10.6K OTD.

Triumph has a $350 kick back for military personnel as well as veterans. I got the bike, 15% discount off parts/accessories and a 3 day paid trip to the AVI resort and Casino in Laughlin for $10,250 OTD.
Great deal, you are going to love the bike!
__________________
Jeff Moorbeck
Milwaukee, WI

'09 Suzuki DL650 WeeStrom
'09 Triumph Street Triple R
JeffPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 09:40 PM   #686
NateLePain
Beastly Adventurer
 
NateLePain's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Central AR
Oddometer: 4,730






More here...

Thx...nlp
__________________
Instagram - http://instagram.com/natelepain#

10 Triumph St. Triple, '06 BMW F650GSA, '03 Honda XR70R, '03 Honda XR80R, '86 Honda TLR200 Reflex
NateLePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:20 PM   #687
hoteuph
n00b
 
Joined: Jul 2013
Location: San Antonio, TX
Oddometer: 3
Great pics!

Nate~Great pics!!

I have been drooling over the Street Triple for a while. Test rode the STR and a Bonneville the same day and both were great rides but the Street felt so easy to ride with almost telepathic handling (sounds cliche, but true).

What type of riding do you typically do on the Street? There's no perfect bike but what are your impressions?

Thanks for sharing the pics!
hoteuph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:46 PM   #688
NateLePain
Beastly Adventurer
 
NateLePain's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Central AR
Oddometer: 4,730
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoteuph View Post
Nate~Great pics!!

I have been drooling over the Street Triple for a while. Test rode the STR and a Bonneville the same day and both were great rides but the Street felt so easy to ride with almost telepathic handling (sounds cliche, but true).

What type of riding do you typically do on the Street? There's no perfect bike but what are your impressions?

Thanks for sharing the pics!
Most of my riding is commuting and the occasional weekend run, which up until last weekend has always included dirt, freeway & twisties. I ride about 9K miles a year, almost exclusively in AR and the StRiple fit the bill for a fun street bike. The StRiple is incredibly easy to ride and was my preference over the 800 Roadie and new Hypermotard(too expensive). The StRiple allows me to commute like a hooligan, with plenty of power, when I need/want it. It will also cover miles when I want to wander away from home. I had a WR250X, this year is was a fun bike but woefully underpowered but I would love to have a WR450X...

If I was looking for a "Classic" road bike, I'd have to lean towards the Moto Guzzi V7 Stone(black). The new Yamaha FZ-09 will be an interesting bike to test ride, I'm liking what I hear about the Honda CB500X and the new KTM 690 Duke is getting some great pres. Today, there are so many good choices for a standard/naked bikes, that a person would be hard pressed to make a "bad" choice.

Welcome to ADVRider!

nlp
__________________
Instagram - http://instagram.com/natelepain#

10 Triumph St. Triple, '06 BMW F650GSA, '03 Honda XR70R, '03 Honda XR80R, '86 Honda TLR200 Reflex
NateLePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:11 PM   #689
hoteuph
n00b
 
Joined: Jul 2013
Location: San Antonio, TX
Oddometer: 3
Thanks for the input, commuting here in TX would makup 95% of my riding and the fun factor would go way up with the STriple. I have a mix of congested light to light traffic with short highway blasts too. Does the triple get too hot in traffic? Just curious.
hoteuph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 03:25 PM   #690
frecks
Gnarly Adventurer
 
frecks's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Michigan, USA
Oddometer: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoteuph View Post
Thanks for the input, commuting here in TX would makup 95% of my riding and the fun factor would go way up with the STriple. I have a mix of congested light to light traffic with short highway blasts too. Does the triple get too hot in traffic? Just curious.
I've never had any issues with it getting too hot in traffic. The temperature gauge stays right where it is in this picture (once it warms up) under all conditions.

I've got the 2010 so high exhaust + ATGATT + >80 degree weather + heavy traffic = my ass gets a little hot. It's not a big deal though, nothing I can't deal with, & the bike handles it flawlessly.

frecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014