x- '95 Sprint RIP
sportmotogear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 04:25 PM   #92
rich_mc
Full Fledged MEM-Ber

Oddometer: 2,218
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportmotogear View Post
H&B maks a set up called the C-Bow system you may want to consider too.
Thanks..... Those look really nice.....

2011 Connie 1400
rich_mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 04:27 PM   #93
Grainbelt
marginal adventurer

Oddometer: 26,798
Oh, how I hate anodized bolt kits for motors. If not for that, it is a beautifully modded bike.
Grainbelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 11:06 PM   #94
Gryphon12
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,261
I'd go with black bolts, but the red beats the heck out of the stock bright bolts on a black motor.

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world;
indeed, it's the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Gryphon12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 03:53 AM   #95
rich_mc
Full Fledged MEM-Ber

I really like the way they did those wheels.....

2011 Connie 1400
Old 03-01-2011, 03:38 PM   #96
Lopoetve
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 667
Random question for those who ride year round - how's the stator/rectifier on these, and do they have enough amps to power some decent heated gear? Thinking of a heated vest/gloves/pants, if I can - gets a bit cold here in Colorado during the winters, and I love the bike enough to want to ride year round, but seeing that they only support a single extra light (at least according to triumph) makes me a bit worried about a bunch of heating elements. Anyone tried it?
There's a real simple test for "does my bike have soul": when you're on it do you feel like Sigurd hitting mach III on Fafnir's back while you decapitate pedestrians with Gram and plunge into a spinning color vortex of lust-hate-fear-madness as you leap the Himalayas? If so, you have found your mount. If not... the quest may be long, indeed. Embrace the inevitable - Scrannel
Lopoetve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 09:47 PM   #97
sportmotogear
Mr. Fancy Pants

Oddometer: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopoetve View Post
Random question for those who ride year round - how's the stator/rectifier on these, and do they have enough amps to power some decent heated gear? Thinking of a heated vest/gloves/pants, if I can - gets a bit cold here in Colorado during the winters, and I love the bike enough to want to ride year round, but seeing that they only support a single extra light (at least according to triumph) makes me a bit worried about a bunch of heating elements. Anyone tried it?
Here you go, this should answer your question.

http://www.powerlet.com/shop-by-vehi...40#top_of_tabs

'09 Tuono
x- '05 Ducati ST3 stolen
x- '04 Tiger sold
x- '02 Daytona sold
x- '99 Sprint ST RIP
x- '95 Sprint RIP
sportmotogear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 11:03 PM   #98
doublen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopoetve View Post
They make plenty of power AFAIK, they are however notoriously NOT dependable. Aside from that Stupid EXUP valve the R&R is the only major problem with the 675's. That being said, they can be replaced with a unit from another bike, say a Honda to be made more reliable. Supposedly there is a replacement coming from Triumph but I have yet to see a service bulletin for it.
doublen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 06:49 AM   #99
Lopoetve
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublen View Post
They make plenty of power AFAIK, they are however notoriously NOT dependable. Aside from that Stupid EXUP valve the R&R is the only major problem with the 675's. That being said, they can be replaced with a unit from another bike, say a Honda to be made more reliable. Supposedly there is a replacement coming from Triumph but I have yet to see a service bulletin for it.
Funny you say honda, as the 3 hondas I'm involved in all have their notoriously BAD RR/stator

We just replaced my friend's VFR750 one for a second time (this time with aftermarket), and I swapped out my CBR one early on before I sold it. Gonna have to do the same with the Nighthawk 650, as it doesn't even charge below 2500rpm!
There's a real simple test for "does my bike have soul": when you're on it do you feel like Sigurd hitting mach III on Fafnir's back while you decapitate pedestrians with Gram and plunge into a spinning color vortex of lust-hate-fear-madness as you leap the Himalayas? If so, you have found your mount. If not... the quest may be long, indeed. Embrace the inevitable - Scrannel
Old 03-03-2011, 05:09 PM   #100
Pokeyjoe
Aprilia Dorsoduro

Oddometer: 349
Street Triples do not have "that stupid EXUP valve." (Daytonas only).

The Triumph replacement R/R (p/n T1301234) is state-of-the-art as far as such things on motorcycles go. Its a MOSFET device, runs way cooler, charges better, and Triumph even reversed the installation to provide better cooling. Can't fault it.
Pokeyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 05:33 PM   #101
doublen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokeyjoe View Post

The Triumph replacement R/R (p/n T1301234) is state-of-the-art as far as such things on motorcycles go. Its a MOSFET device, runs way cooler, charges better, and Triumph even reversed the installation to provide better cooling. Can't fault it.
Yeah I forgot about that, never had to worry about it since I have a Streety. Too bad Triumph didn't put the better R/R on the bike originally.
doublen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 03:04 PM   #102
Lopoetve
Studly Adventurer

Quote:

Is that the stock part, or a replacement?
Old 03-04-2011, 03:06 PM   #103
Pokeyjoe
Aprilia Dorsoduro

Oddometer: 349
That's the new replacement kit that includes a new harness, RR and bracket.
Pokeyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:37 AM   #104
Lopoetve
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
That's the new replacement kit that includes a new harness, RR and bracket.
Awesome! Next winters project :). Thank ye!
Old 03-06-2011, 11:40 AM   #105
rich_mc
Full Fledged MEM-Ber

Would someone please explain the last half dozen posts to a non-electrically minded person and tell how it affects the ability of my 2011 to run my Gerbings?

2011 Connie 1400