ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush > Crazy-Awesome almost Dakar racers (950/990cc)
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2015, 01:50 PM   #1
Ghostrider. OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
2nd throttle butterflies ?

Hi guys any input on removing those ? and disconecting them in Tuneecu ?
My plan is to completely remove the rear trottle motor and shaft from throttle body with biutterflies
any input ?

http://www.ktmsmt.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3140
Old 05-25-2015, 02:30 PM   #2
Head2Wind
MotorcycleMayhem

Oddometer: 2,606
I have ran pretty much the full range; buttery flies in place, just the plates of butter removed, complete butter removal (shafts etc).

It really comes down to what you want to achieve, what you ride, and if you have access to a very capable 'tuner' that can modify (through several dyno runs) to get it right for your application (exhaust, fuel, riding style, intake, etc).

I am running minus buttery flies right now, but will be going back to buttery goodies in an attempt to tame the on/off nature during transitions (read: on the edge of traction, carving apexes etc). I _believe_ (yet untested), that it will provide me another method of tuning to help mellow my monster. I am riding predominately street (19/17 wheels w/ sport tires) these days with the 950ADV_EFI so higher speed fine control is what I am after.... Granted, my bike is closer to a 950 SD EFI than a 990 ADV but I think that both are similar enough to be compared.

My advise: Before removing them, try a 'all 100' in the secondary table 'map' (you can do this yourself with TuneECU easily). Give it a try and see what you think..... My experience is that without the base map changing you may not be impressed, however will depend upon what you are trying to achieve....
Head2Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 02:33 PM   #3
Head2Wind
MotorcycleMayhem

OH.... if you really want to 'go off the farm'... go hunt down a set of early RC8 throttle bodies and bolt them onto the ADV.

Injectors are better, and they are bigger so they definitely 'go to 11'

I have a set, ran them on a buddies SMT 990 and IMO, way better overall (with same tune)... They are going on my 950AsM_EFI 'stein' soon
Old 05-25-2015, 11:13 PM   #4
Ghostrider. OP
Adventurer

Thanks brother

this is what i am running :
- Rotweiler Filter
- RC8 throttle stack
- no sas
- Akrapovic header / downpipe
- Yoshimura silencers

- And now i am also considering removing 2nd throttle flies

But main problem is i cant find a proper mapping for this ...
i have 08 duke R

Ghostrider. screwed with this post 05-25-2015 at 11:43 PM
Ghostrider. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 09:44 AM   #5
Head2Wind
MotorcycleMayhem

Ah, 08 SD... OK, well I have a map that you can try if you like. Can send it to you. I can build it out two maps, one with the secondaries @ 100% open and one with the secondaries enabled with a 2012 ADV-R profile and you can see what you think by comparing the two.
Old 05-26-2015, 09:45 AM   #6
Head2Wind
MotorcycleMayhem

Oh, and try running the RC8 stack in the rear and the SD stack in the front... works nicely to smooth out a mid RPM twitch and builds better overall power too.
Old 05-26-2015, 10:51 AM   #7
Ghostrider. OP
Adventurer

Aye brother!
Thanks a million , i would appriciate it
Old 05-26-2015, 12:06 PM   #8
pdxthmper
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Head2Wind View Post
Oh, and try running the RC8 stack in the rear and the SD stack in the front... works nicely to smooth out a mid RPM twitch and builds better overall power too.
Interesting, do you recommend that for the ADV as well or just the SD?
Old 05-26-2015, 12:07 PM   #9
Head2Wind
MotorcycleMayhem

any of the EFI'd bikes it applies on the old LC8 platform

EDIT: the 990 ADV, SD and SMT stacks are all the same, the RC8 is shorter and sharper on the transition. It is a little bit of a 'forced' fit, but generally is a 'bolt on' mod.
Old 05-26-2015, 04:39 PM   #10
pdxthmper
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 427
Thanks for the Tip, I have the RC8 Stacks on both intakes now, so this will be easy to try.