Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-21-2010, 05:09 PM   #1
Mike Lynch OP
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Clearwater Florida
Oddometer: 70
? Current Baja Identification Requirements.

I do not have a current Passport but would like to ride down the Baja this week.

Are the Passport requirements in effect for Baja or will a Drivers License surfice?

I would like to go but do not want to pay for an Expedited Passport as it most likely will not arrive by the time I would need to cross.

Thanks again for you feedback.

Best regards,

Mike Lynch
Mike Lynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 05:13 PM   #2
All idiot, no savant
emerson.biguns's Avatar
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: The Old Pueblo
Oddometer: 10,427
U.S. Border Crossing Requirements Have Changed- Make sure you are compliant today!

Simplify your travel checklist!

Starting June 1, 2009, U.S. citizens returning home from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean or Bermuda, by land or sea, are required to present one of the travel documents listed below.

U.S. Passport – This is an internationally recognized travel document that verifies a person’s identity and nationality. It is accepted for travel by air, land and sea.

U.S. Passport Card – This is a new, limited-use travel document that fits in your wallet and costs less than a U.S. Passport. It is only valid for travel by land and sea.

Enhanced Driver’s License (EDL) – Several states and Canadian provinces are issuing this driver’s license or identification document that denotes identity and citizenship. It is specifically designed for cross-border travel into the U.S. by land or sea.

Trusted Traveler Program Cards – NEXUS, SENTRI or FAST enrollment cards can speed your entry into the U.S. and are issued only to pre-approved, low-risk travelers. The cards are valid for use at land or sea; the NEXUS card can be used in airports with a NEXUS kiosk.

Special Groups – Information for Children, Groups of Children, Native Americans, "Closed Loop" Cruises, U.S. Lawful Permanent Residents, U.S. Military, Merchant Mariners, Ferries and Small Boats, and Boaters.

Knowing what documents are required and having them ready when you return home will help streamline the entry process and ensure your return to the U.S. is as smooth as possible.

Looks like it. But no guarantee this is accurate, even though it's from DHS' website.

emerson.biguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 11:37 PM   #3
Exchange your GPS Track!
christian's Avatar
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Redwood City, CA
Oddometer: 2,653
I came back 2 weeks ago from SAn Felipe and that list is correct.

you need one of these to come back. They don't really care when you go into baja.
KTM 950 ADV '05.5
KTM 690 '10
christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 02:29 PM   #4
skag's Avatar
Joined: May 2006
Location: Johnson Cabin
Oddometer: 360
+1 on all of the above. For a while a passport was needed to fly only. Birth cert. and Drivers lic. to drive. Thats all changed.

Keep your Keep your passport, lic, reg and Mex. insurance handy entering Mexico. We only had them checked at the border. Have never been checked at a checkpoint, but there is always a first time.
skag is offline   Reply With Quote


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015