Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2010, 08:20 AM   #166
EnderTheX OP
Drunken Squirrel

Oddometer: 2,710
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleWan
That video made BigWan late for work - we're kicking ourselves for missing Imogene!

You guys look good
nice helmet cam quality, too.

Thanks for taking the time to make and post the vid.
Man, don't you miss colorado??
True, I am missing Colorado right now, especially since I should be writing a design review memo right now... Now you have something to look forward to when you go back! Next time we are there I will want to do Imogene again too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by child
Haha, thanks littlewan (and bigwan). I'm pretty sure that KTM is perfect... let me get back to you on that

Video is done uploading! Here you go!

>

Nice video editing Chris! I'm gonna link it one more time in case anyone misses it from the bottom of the last page.
EnderTheX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:59 AM   #167
Red Leader
It's The Wide Open Spaces

Oddometer: 51
Nice trip u guys, its cool seeing a ride report like this and knowing the guys who are in the saddle or on the pegs in this case. Great RR.
Red Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 12:45 PM   #168
child
poop is fun

Oddometer: 246
Copy that Red Leader! We need together some time soon, its been a while!

Oliver's climb to the pass.

At the top.

Imogene Pass was a LOT of fun; this was the first pass that really made me (us) work for it. I really felt like we had accomplished something once we arrived at the top. Looking back, we had accomplished exactly what we came for, we were on an adventure!!!
Arkansas 2010
child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 01:59 PM   #169
jefffrankphotography
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 114
Oh the memories!!

I did most of what you guys did on two XL600Rs with my brother in 2003. It was the most scary and exciting time I have ever had. Black Bear Pass is not to be taken lightly. High altitude and those fricking steps! Anyone who is reading this...if you haven't done this trip DO IT. Don't wait for years and wish to do it just go out and have the time of your life. Thank you very much for helping me relive the colorado experience. I have a huge grin on my face. ...really, I do.
jefffrankphotography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 02:46 PM   #170
EnderTheX OP
Drunken Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Leader
Nice trip u guys, its cool seeing a ride report like this and knowing the guys who are in the saddle or on the pegs in this case. Great RR.
Hey Cris! Good to hear from you, we should go riding locally soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefffrankphotography
I did most of what you guys did on two XL600Rs with my brother in 2003. It was the most scary and exciting time I have ever had. Black Bear Pass is not to be taken lightly. High altitude and those fricking steps! Anyone who is reading this...if you haven't done this trip DO IT. Don't wait for years and wish to do it just go out and have the time of your life. Thank you very much for helping me relive the colorado experience. I have a huge grin on my face. ...really, I do.
Hey Jeff, I totally agree!!! It is quite an experience. I think camping in the wilderness also adds a lot to the trip because you feel the weather, can stay closer to the passes and you don't have to pay for very expensive hotels. Next time we may try remote camping in the national forest instead of a campground.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:49 PM   #171
EnderTheX OP
Drunken Squirrel

Here is another picture of the approach to the summit. This area was getting less rocky, the tough stuff was behind us. Still pretty steep in spots.

Chris is a little frustrated at this point, especially at his stalling issues. I think this is the spot where he switches to reserve and then guns it to keep going.

Old 09-10-2010, 04:41 PM   #172
EnderTheX OP
Drunken Squirrel

Further up still, I take a look back and can't imagine out luck. We are through the worst of it and the weather is amazing!!!!!!!!!

A bit of snow lingers at the top. It has been a warm summer and we came at the right time to avoid all the snow. Honestly I would have enjoyed having to ride over a bit of snow just to complete the experience... maybe next year.

Old 09-10-2010, 04:46 PM   #173
EnderTheX OP
Drunken Squirrel

To catch up with Chris' pictures, this is my shot of him going up the last hill climb to the summit. We had been leap-frogging each other at certain points to get riding pictures and I think it turned out well.

This is my favorite picture of the whole trip, the colors of the soil and amazing ride gave us a huge high as we approached the pass.

I take another picture looking into the valley from the same spot as the above picture. I can clearly see the trail in the distance... It seems an eternity from the time we hit the start of the trail till now, my sense of time is lost in the mountains, living only in the minute.

Old 09-10-2010, 04:48 PM   #174
EnderTheX OP
Drunken Squirrel

WE MADE IT!

Old 09-10-2010, 04:49 PM   #175
EnderTheX OP
Drunken Squirrel

Old 09-10-2010, 05:00 PM   #176
OklaRider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
Great RR. We rode some of the same passes in July. Reading your account of the trip makes me feel like I was there (again). The only pass we rode that you haven't written about yet was Stoney Pass, just south of Engineer and Cinnamon.

Going back to Thoreau's Cabin east of Engineer Pass, according to the real estate add, it was built in 1994 and you can own it for only $649K.

http://lakecitycoloradorealestate.co...0-a153865.html
OklaRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 07:18 PM   #177
PDL
Adventurer

Oddometer: 56
Oh Imogene you almost caused a divorce in my house. What a great video. I had my wife watch it and she started hitting me again!! She still questions my judgement. Thanks for the pics and video!!!
PDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 08:17 PM   #178
EnderTheX OP
Drunken Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by OklaRider
Great RR. We rode some of the same passes in July. Reading your account of the trip makes me feel like I was there (again). The only pass we rode that you haven't written about yet was Stoney Pass, just south of Engineer and Cinnamon.

Going back to Thoreau's Cabin east of Engineer Pass, according to the real estate add, it was built in 1994 and you can own it for only $649K.

http://lakecitycoloradorealestate.co...0-a153865.html
Nice, I bet July was really cool and there was no snow to hinder your ride. I'm still trying to find the perfect time to go where there may be just a bit of snow on the roads. According to the locals this is really hit or miss though...

Believe me! Chris was foaming at the mouth to try Stoney Pass after I read the description in the book (it was rated a 5 difficulty when we did mainly 3 and 4 difficulty trails, only Black Bear was higher... a 6). We met a local rider on day 4 (still to come) who rode a badass bike, talked like a badass rider, and proclaimed that Stoney was a gnarly trail! They had also done the lost trail road (I think that's what he called it) and he had stories of large rocks and washed out trails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDL
Oh Imogene you almost caused a divorce in my house. What a great video. I had my wife watch it and she started hitting me again!! She still questions my judgement. Thanks for the pics and video!!!

I'm assuming your talking about the pass. It is scary at times but I usually concentrated on the trial too much to notice the "sure thing" death cliffs on the sides. Just tell your wife you want to start base jumping, or MMA fighting... maybe she will let you back to Imogene
Old 09-10-2010, 08:19 PM   #179
EnderTheX OP
Drunken Squirrel

For now we need.... MOAR BIKE PICS!

Facing North over the pass (direction we must go down).

Facing the way we came up.

Just a great pic...
Old 09-10-2010, 08:57 PM   #180
Trl Rdr
Big Red Bird

Oddometer: 2,036
Great pictures, I never take enough pictures when I ride. When I went over that pass last year it was raining and some lightning, I did not stop till I was half way to Oury
Baja Mexico Trail Ride Report
Big Bend Ranch Drive and Ride Report
Trl Rdr is offline   Reply With Quote