Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2010, 09:04 AM   #61
Catastrophic Failure OP
Catastrophic Failure

Oddometer: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSman
This is a great trip, congratulations to the 4 of you!
I am back from a Flagstaff (AZ) / Prudhoe Bay (AK) / Flagstaff (AZ) roundtrip in June with Liard, Top of the World, Dalton, etc. -- 35 days 12,000 miles on R 1200 GSA -- and I am looking for something a bit more technical and a bit closer to home for a couple extended weekends on 525 EXC. Did you save your Garmin Trip Log as a Route? I would love if you could share the file. I will be happy to share mine in exchange :) if you are interested. Please email me, I am particularly interested in the CO, UT and southern CA sections.
Thanks
Pascal
GSman, sounds like you have been busy covering some serious ground. Impressive 12,000 Loop!

Our entire group agreed that a lot of the TAT that we just covered would be a blast on a lighter machine. But hey, it is still fun wrestling those big beasts around in the soft stuff and the rocky climbs...

We met several groups along the TAT who trailer up from Texas to ride single track all over the Gunnison area.

One of our group has done Prudoe Bay to Seattle, but we are always looking for new adventure routes. I will shoot you an email shortly with some more of our specifics, while still respecting Sam's hard work and development of the TAT.
Catastrophic Failure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 05:24 PM   #62
dickosaurus
Seasoned Noob

Oddometer: 660
Really enjoyed your ride report. Thanks for taking the time to post it. Makes me want to ride the TAT again.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:35 PM   #63
10Cup
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,517
Awesome Gentlemen! Looks like you guys rode the tough passes much better than I. Wish I would have had some help I may have made it up the tough side of Tincup. Oh well.

Really enjoyed your trip report. I still have the Western UT, NV and OR portions to do so will take notes from your report.

All the best!
10Cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 12:41 PM   #64
AZ_ADV_RIDER
Demons In My Helmet

Oddometer: 796
Superb - That RR was a great pictorial of the TAT so of course I want to do it now - Thanks guys!

The road to enlightenment is not paved.
AZ_ADV_RIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 11:02 AM   #65
Catastrophic Failure OP
Catastrophic Failure

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Cup
Awesome Gentlemen! Looks like you guys rode the tough passes much better than I. Wish I would have had some help I may have made it up the tough side of Tincup. Oh well.

Really enjoyed your trip report. I still have the Western UT, NV and OR portions to do so will take notes from your report.

All the best!
Thanks for the note 10Cup, I also enjoyed following your RR. Great pics and descriptions of your routes. I was envious of your bikes too, they looked like a great setup for the TAT. Some of those passes are really abusive on the big machines, and a smart rider knows when to say when... Good luck with your Western TAT when you get to it as Utah and Nevada offer up some great riding and wide open spaces.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:33 PM   #66
leftystrat62
Adventurer

Oddometer: 999
Man,I am awe struck by your pictures. They are so inspiring,I'm gonna same up and get me one of those 640 Adventurers'. I love my 1200 GSA,but just wouldn't want to be doing a ride like that with it-at least not me. Something to dream about in a couple of years.
leftystrat62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 06:37 PM   #67
leftystrat62
Adventurer

Oddometer: 999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catastrophic Failure
Mike S. has arrived in Denver with the goods... Mike R. Paul V. and myself will be on the 6 AM out of Seattle. Schedule is set for rolling shortly after noon. The adrenal glands are kicking in and have forced an early exit from work today Feeling the 640's vibes already!!
Who makes that rack on your rear fender? Is it all one piece with the saddle bag supports-looks like a nice set up.
leftystrat62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 10:50 PM   #68
Bob
Formerly H20Pumper

Oddometer: 2,457
Have read bits and pieces of this, tonight I did start to finish, good stuff!
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 11:17 PM   #69
Bob
Formerly H20Pumper

Looks like factory rear rack, Happy Trails Pannier rack and possibly touratech plate on top of factory rack?
Old 10-25-2010, 09:02 AM   #70
Catastrophic Failure OP
Catastrophic Failure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob
Looks like factory rear rack, Happy Trails Pannier rack and possibly touratech plate on top of factory rack?
You are exactly right! Good eyes... thanks
Old 10-25-2010, 10:36 AM   #71
Bob
Formerly H20Pumper

The only thing I was uncertain about was the plate, I have the same setup, with a homemade plate.
Old 11-24-2010, 05:17 AM   #72
1SGWilliams
Adventurer

Oddometer: 69
Border Inn - vic Baker, Nevada - 2010-09-06

I had a perfectly good video clip of this crew that begged to be used somehow. So, here it is.

It was good crossing paths with you guys. I thoroughly enjoyed your RR. And, I'm amazed at many of your photos!

Old 12-06-2010, 02:59 PM   #73
Catastrophic Failure OP
Catastrophic Failure

Rolling Out!

Thank you for the vivid reminder of this adventure ride... that is very cool of you to put that together Walking Man rules!

Our riding team got together last night and kicked around some ideas for 2011, and we all agreed that sharing these experiences with other riders makes the whole program memorable.

I know you had some incredible views yourself, enjoy!!!

Thanks again,
Catastrophic Failure

Catastrophic Failure screwed with this post 09-07-2011 at 03:07 PM Reason: photobucket link issues