User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2010, 09:53 PM   #31
btretired OP
anal retentive

Oddometer: 1,029
Laugh

Joe my friend-- I thought about that when it happened-- at least it was right around the corner from my house.. Up to that time on your wife's little thumper I had exactly 1 flat in over 100,00 miles... I hope this is not a new trend-- it could get expensive!

Bernesto..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jachew
What is with you and new rear tires? I have a set of Bridgestones with 3K which would be better suited to your riding karma

Bernesto, aka btretired, after he stabbed my wife's poor defenseless rear tire on her new bike.

"00" Road King (105K and climbing)
yeah I own a Harley
"01" 11Fiddy GS-
btretired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 10:09 PM   #32
jachew
Adventurer

Oddometer: 61
Anitra, the girls, and I are having a good laugh "with" you! Good thing Roxanne was ready for the ride.
Take care brutha,
Joe
jachew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 10:26 PM   #33
btretired OP
anal retentive

Cool2

Tell them all Hello from me- - you're a lucky man and have a wonderful family!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jachew
Anitra, the girls, and I are having a good laugh "with" you! Good thing Roxanne was ready for the ride.
Take care brutha,
Joe

yeah I own a Harley
"01" 11Fiddy GS-
Old 09-06-2010, 11:30 AM   #34
GhostRiderFC
Just a guy who rides

Oddometer: 244
Cool!

Thanks for the pics and the ride report. I've been threatening to come down that way and check things out, but have not yet made it. My buddy and I are talking about coming down there in mid to late October for a weekend ride. We had a nice ride around Red River last week.

Yesterday I took the dirt bike out and just explored the area west from my house. Found this really cool scenic spot. The pic is a little lower quality because all I had was my cell phone.

IBA #: 48128
My First Ride Report - Summer 2012
My Spotwalla
GhostRiderFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 05:23 PM   #35
Coastie3202
King of the Mountain

Oddometer: 829
Come on down GhostRider. You won't regret the trip.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:36 PM   #36
btretired OP
anal retentive

Thumb

Yep-- I think the weather is about to get perfect around here!!

yeah I own a Harley
"01" 11Fiddy GS-
Old 03-20-2011, 08:36 PM   #37
btretired OP
anal retentive

Talking

Little update-- Life has a way of getting in the way of riding-- doesn't it.. Haven't been out much over the winter other than a couple of jaunts around town and no picture taking.

Been working on getting the yard in Spring like condition and hauling debris to the dump and getting the sprinkler system up and running. Any easy job turns into a mess.

A simple root you say??

Oh hell no-- nothing is simple!

Look at what I found!

Fixed--

Now we can ride.. I told the Mrs. that today would be a riding day after I took the last load to the dump. She hasn't had much riding since we went to the Grand Canyon last fall and has recently returned to work after laying out for almost a year.

I asked what bike she wanted to take and she said Helga-- our BMW..

My main reason to ride today was I had been lusting over a Green Chili Cheeseburger from the Outpost in Carrizozo, NM. But we would make a stop on the way. She didn't know where I had planned to take her..

We like checking out these out of the way things we can find and the weather is perfect for this right now.

We were able to decipher some of the ones that were animal based but others I'm sure held meaning for those that had come before us.

Note the arrows sticking out of the goat..

This was supposed to represent Road Runner tracks..

A mans face sticking out his tongue ?

We met some wildlife while on the trail..

While we know everyone doesn't appreciate the desert-- we really enjoy the wide open spaces and were both raised in the south.

Ok-- now we had worked up an appetite-- had to get back to the bike..

And now another 40 miles to get some grub on!! The wind wwas blowing pretty good today and tends to push the BMW around more than it does our Harley.. Got my wife's attention a couple of times when it pushed me across the lane.

This is where we headed--

I did notice something that caught my attention-- Who made the Chili?

Wow-- Maybe I'll try that next time (if the wife's not there)

OK-- The "Outpost" is super dark inside and when the food showed up I failed to take a picture before it was gone.. But damn it was good.. Since our arrival here in NM I am on a quest to find the best Green Chili Cheeseburger..

I'll keep ya posted on how this works out!!

The trip home was through the mountains to Ruidoso and stopped at an antique shop the wife likes to looky loo through. I was satisfied and let her wander--
That was pretty much the events of the day-- looking forward to more soon!

yeah I own a Harley
"01" 11Fiddy GS-
Old 03-20-2011, 08:47 PM   #38
PowerT
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,064
Man that make me miss that place. I have is places like this to look at...and no scooter.

In spite of illness, In spite even of the archenemy sorrow, One can remain alive long past usual date of disintegration if one is unafraid of change, insatiable in intellectual curiosity, interested in big things and happy in small ways. - Edith Wharton

Need a smugmug coupon? Well here you go z0g48s072w1kE
PowerT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 08:49 PM   #39
DocAxeYarYar
RideDualSport.com

Oddometer: 752
New Stompin Grounds, NM

Very cool! Looking forward to more of your reports. I am planning a ride up from Dell City Texas, heading north thru NM, to CO then do a U turn and to the CDT back in. Thanks for all the interesting places your posting up, and giving me a flavor for the area. Will do my ride Mid-June before monsoons hit!
THanks!

Old 03-20-2011, 08:57 PM   #40
btretired OP
anal retentive

Yea-- I'm sure it's killing ya!!

Why is your GPS so complicated?? I can't figure out how to do anything with it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerT View Post
Man that make me miss that place. I have is places like this to look at...and no scooter.

yeah I own a Harley
"01" 11Fiddy GS-
Old 03-20-2011, 08:58 PM   #41
btretired OP
anal retentive

If you get anywhere near here holler-- I'll show you some stuff if I can..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buell78753 View Post
Very cool! Looking forward to more of your reports. I am planning a ride up from Dell City Texas, heading north thru NM, to CO then do a U turn and to the CDT back in. Thanks for all the interesting places your posting up, and giving me a flavor for the area. Will do my ride Mid-June before monsoons hit!
THanks!

yeah I own a Harley
"01" 11Fiddy GS-