User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2010, 01:08 AM   #1
boatmole OP
Druken Wildebeest

Oddometer: 84
2009 KLR 650 sidecar rig - For Sale

I have a couple of sidecar rigs and was thinking about thining the herd, more time to ride, running out of room to store these big guys. I took this bike with our Dauntless M72 sidecar to Baja and Death Valley this spring 13,000 miles, great ride. I liked the M72, but wanted something more dual sport oriented, more ground clearance, lighter weight, better fuel milage and I think we got it done.

When I got back, I decided I would sell the heavier sidecar and focus on the total reconstruction of our Russian Sputnik cargo hack. It's a cool rig, light, agile, leading link fork is quick and easy to steer on long distant runs.

I added a Kawasaki police seat, custom seat builders eat your heart out, this thing is so comfortable we call it the "Zipcode seat," Imagine not wanting to get off the bike at rest stops, it happens, also have new stock seat.

All wheels are 17", bike handles like a dream. Also have a 21" spare front.

Has HT panniers, Zega top box, UWS 2'x2'x3' diamond plated aluminum truck box, 2x 5 liter NATO fuel cans and custom rack. I have receipts for everything, get this total build cost was a little over $14,000

Looking for a price around $12,000 Call Marty 510-227-5077

Our photos are to large, email marty_chin@yahoo.com. and I'll send you the file.
boatmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 10:43 PM   #2
boatmole OP
Druken Wildebeest

Here is one photo the website will let me load.

boatmole screwed with this post 03-18-2014 at 07:46 PM
Old 08-30-2010, 05:14 AM   #3
transalpian
Over, Across, and Through

Oddometer: 305
Here are the rest, and I'm guessing a mod will be along soon to move this to the for-sale area (where you'll get better looks anyway)...

On second thought, maybe I'm interested....
transalpian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 06:45 AM   #4
boatmole OP
Druken Wildebeest

KLR Sidecar rig, LL forks and subframe

We have plenty of sidecar rigs and realized we ran out of solo KLR bikes so we decided to keep the bike.

We have a lot of money wrapped up in the sidecar parts we know we will never get it all back, but though we would put it out here for you to pass along the fun and put a little money back in our pocket for our next MC project.

The sidecar we are looking for $2,500. KLR 650 subframe will fit old and new KLR, has 1/4 steel welded tabs and 5/16" weld nuts to hold 1/4" aluminum skid plate, included upper mounts, powercoated $400. DMC Dauntless leading link fork (power steering) Originally cost $2,000 will sell for $1,600.

Pm me if your interested. We can arrange shipping once paid, I can get commercial truck pick up here (sidecar) and put it on a palet for you. But would rather have you pick up in Alameda California.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:51 AM   #5
boatmole OP
Druken Wildebeest

Klr sidecar rig - sold

We sold this rig. Building another.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:38 PM   #6
Prmurat
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 803