Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 30 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-29-2011, 08:43 AM   #166
Tweaker

Oddometer: 9,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkster70 View Post
Yeah, and I guess bitching about not knowing how to repair your own generator and getting hosed in the process is relevant to motorcycling. Duly noted.
Good point. I think we need a grand internet repository for generator information too. It's just Baldy's dime, don't even need to ask him.
Tweaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 10:59 AM   #167
A-Bone
Indubitably

Oddometer: 12,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweaker View Post
Good point. I think we need a grand internet repository for generator information too. It's just Baldy's dime, don't even need to ask him.

Decaf dude... try some.... this ain't JM...

A-Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 10:59 AM   #168
Garp
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,286
Thrilling stuff I hope this really takes off and Advrider replaces the internet. Who needs Wikipedia and Google when we will soon have everything you could ever want to know about anything right here?

I have some great information about the various colors and textures of my poo in the period between returning from India and finally getting on Cipro. Look for my new thread as the central repository of human waste colors and texture shortly.........
Garp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 11:00 AM   #169
A-Bone
Indubitably

Oddometer: 12,394
I bet this isn't turning out like the OP imagined...

A-Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:14 PM   #170
NICO
NWGS's pwner!1!!1!

Oddometer: 23,185
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkster70 View Post
Well, just like facebook, we are the product. The more viewers, the more Baldy's site is worth. If Baldy doesn't want this thread, he can just nuke it.
Remind yourself that what 'this site is worth' is $0.00 unless Blady decides he's tired of the crap and sells it. Then it almost certainly becomes a POS advertisement laden forum like the elevent-billion others on the net. I'm hoping against this option.

Otherwise, knock yerself out.
NICO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 07:12 AM   #171
oj may
Have bike, will travel.

Oddometer: 2,505
I thought that I would be removing a lot more snow this season. I used the Kubota BX-25 just once on the driveway, and that was a bare 3". I could have easily shovelled it, but I wanted to 'get a feel' for using the tractor before a heavy snow fall.

We haven't had that yet, this has been a VERY mild winter for temperature and snow. The ground is not even frozen, so I can't use the tractor for other things because of the mess it would make.

Just about the time I think winter is over, it will be the SHTF and we will pay.

oj may screwed with this post 02-13-2012 at 08:54 AM
oj may is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 08:17 AM   #172
sadexcuse4s10
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 945
In 2009 I bought a tractor from a guy I work with, 4wd Mahindra 2816 with loader for $1500

Damn thing had a burned clutch and needed a little work/paint to get it back to snuff again so I spent a couple weekends fixing it up. I replaced the main drive disc and pressure plate myself in 14 hours on a saturday/sunday. It actually wasn't too hard with just some jacks and hand tools.

before

burned up clutch parts

painted with $20 in spray paint, spray on bedliner, and stick on letters

and finally in use with my $100 bushhog, $50 scrape blade, and $250 box scrape

I've got around $2100 in the tractor itself and pushing $2500 with all the implements. I want to find a mini excavator next to fix up if I can. The tractor is the handiest damn thing I own.
sadexcuse4s10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 08:55 AM   #173
oj may
Have bike, will travel.

Nice job, they sure are handy to have.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:34 PM   #174
legion
Wait Til Friday

Oddometer: 12,531
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobudo28 View Post
Everyone has their own idea of what someone else needs or not I guess.

I'm sure to some on my street it is over kill. You know what? They seem to like my Kubota enough when I head up the street and clear their driveway in no time afte a big storm......for free.

I agree. We get an easy 8 blowable snow storms a winter and at least as many wind storms on top of that. When the snow is thick and the drifts are high there ain't a neighbor around that isn't happy to see my TC24D pull up. Cookies and fruit baskets are apparently what they think fuels the New Holland.

Works great for me.

legion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 05:33 AM   #175
kobudo28
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by legion View Post
I agree. We get an easy 8 blowable snow storms a winter and at least as many wind storms on top of that. When the snow is thick and the drifts are high there ain't a neighbor around that isn't happy to see my TC24D pull up. Cookies and fruit baskets are apparently what they think fuels the New Holland.

Works great for me.

Yes, converting cookies and fruit baskets to fuel. True bio-mass conversion.

I've not used mine much this winter because we have had so little snow. I drilled 30, 3 foot deep holes this summer with my PHD to finish my fence project. I never could have done that by hand.

I can accomplish so much with my Kubota in far less time. I can't seeing being without a tractor in my present location, probably not in the future either as I plan to move further out of town and will probably have a longer driveway than I have now.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:36 AM   #176
bananaman
transcontimental

Oddometer: 6,436
This thread helped me decide on a new Kubota L3904 HST with a LA 704 loader. I've got 180 acres and I'm raising beef. I've got tons of brush to clear, weeds to mow, manure to clean, etc. I'll let you know how it turns out.
bananaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:42 PM   #177
RedRocker
Native Texican

Oddometer: 5,421
A grapple is a handy thing to have for brush.
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."
RedRocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 05:29 PM   #178
bananaman
transcontimental

Oddometer: 6,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocker View Post
A grapple is a handy thing to have for brush.

Good idea!

Today, on its maiden day, I carried a 1200 pound round-bale about 2 miles. The bale spear weighs 150 pounds, which means the total was about 1,350. The tractor picked it up easily, and very easily picked it up high enough to drop it into the round-bale feeder.

The quick- tach makes swapping from bale spear to bucket a 2-minute job. So, with the bucket, I tackled a patch of prickly ash. I just scraped them off the face of the earth.

Next I need to buy a broadcast seeder, so I can seed grasses and clover where I'm clearing multiflora rose and prickly ash. The kubota dealer's seeders don't spread less than 44 pounds per acre, but clover goes on at 2.5 pounds per acre.
bananaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 03:44 AM   #179
oj may
Have bike, will travel.

I got the 'OK' from the wife to get a thumb for the backhoe. This will make wood harvesting a lot easier and safer, I can't wait. Bro-Tek makes one specifically for my BX-25, runs $320 shipped. It folds out of the way when digging and it is adjustable over a wide range.

Is there any reason why this is not a good idea?
Old 02-15-2012, 03:46 AM   #180
RedRocker
Native Texican

Oddometer: 5,421
Post #48 shows a pic of my grapple, it was built by Millonzi, but I believe they went TU.
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."
RedRocker is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: