Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 67 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-02-2012, 08:48 AM   #211
RedRocker
Native Texican

Oddometer: 5,523
Congrats! That's a nice rig.
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."
RedRocker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:21 AM   #212
oj may
Have bike, will travel.

Oddometer: 2,541
I picked up a stick in my front tire, about 3/4" from the bead. It went all the way in,,,,,,, but the tire still holds air! The stick is about the size of my little finger. I cut it down so that it doesn't have as much protrubing. I plan on running it until it won't hold air, as I am sure it is not repairable.

I do like how much I can accomplish having a tractor on my 5 acres. Yesterday I did in 2 1/2 hours what would have been a full day of HARD labor.

Does anyone else have a Rachet Rake? It is the most used and best implement I own.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:34 AM   #213
ragtoplvr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,852
On low speed tire, you glue on a boot, it will be fine. You will need a tube, but it will be just fine for many years.

Link

http://www.gemplers.com/product/5SW/...FcEDtgodLkUS0w
ragtoplvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:27 AM   #214
oj may
Have bike, will travel.

Thanks
Old 05-23-2012, 03:20 PM   #215
Roonie
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by oj may View Post

Does anyone else have a Rachet Rake? It is the most used and best implement I own.
Love my ratchet rake! Best implement for sure. Just regraded an acre and planted it with grass. Also regraded my driveway that had been packed down for ten years and tons of weeds growing out of the gravel with just a few swipes of the rake. It looks brand new again. What a great tool!

For those wondering what it is...
http://www.ratchetrake.com/
Roonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 04:44 PM   #216
RedRocker
Native Texican

Thanks Roonie, hadn't seen one of those before.
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."
Old 05-24-2012, 06:02 AM   #217
oj may
Have bike, will travel.

The 72" size is being closed out at Tractor Supply for $199. That is cheaper than the 54" I have.

It is always on my front bucket, but takes only a minute to remove if I need to. It has been invaluable in 'reworkin my back 4'. I use it to clear brush, move brush piles, push over unwanted trees and grade paths and terrain.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:12 PM   #218
oj may
Have bike, will travel.

Does anyone have a grapple attached to the stock FEL?

Do you like it?
How much/what kind is it?
How much use does it get?

I have thought about getting a back hoe thumb, but now I am considering this alternative.
Old 05-31-2012, 05:04 PM   #219
RedRocker
Native Texican

Quote:
Originally Posted by oj may View Post
Does anyone have a grapple attached to the stock FEL?

Do you like it?
How much/what kind is it?
How much use does it get?

I have thought about getting a back hoe thumb, but now I am considering this alternative.
Yep, I hardly ever take it off. I have lots of trees and brush so it's my main implement. Mine is a Melonzi, but I think they went out of business.
Old 06-01-2012, 06:24 AM   #220
oj may
Have bike, will travel.

RR, did you run a new hydraulic line, run one from the back or use an electric switch to open and close the grapple?
Old 06-01-2012, 11:35 AM   #221
RedRocker
Native Texican

I used a diverter valve, you can see it sticking up on the right arm of the loader. You have a button on the joy stick that diverts the up and down function to open and close. Push the button and push forward on the joy stick to close the grapple.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:47 AM   #222
oj may
Have bike, will travel.

Old 09-11-2012, 06:40 PM   #223
Srbenda
Embassy of South Carolina

Oddometer: 11,981
I went to look at a Kubota today, it's a BX2200D, with a 60" deck and a FEL, it's got about 700 hours, and it's 10 years old. I think it will work perfectly for what I need it for, but it's still a decent chunk of change to spend on an implement that will get used 1 or 2 hours a week for mowing/ snow plowing/ etc.
It seemed to me that the earth may he borrowed but not bought. It may be used but not owned. It gives itself in response to love and tending.... But we are tenants and not possessors, lovers and not masters.
Srbenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:56 PM   #224
kobudo28
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srbenda View Post
I went to look at a Kubota today, it's a BX2200D, with a 60" deck and a FEL, it's got about 700 hours, and it's 10 years old. I think it will work perfectly for what I need it for, but it's still a decent chunk of change to spend on an implement that will get used 1 or 2 hours a week for mowing/ snow plowing/ etc.
I have the same tractor, about the same vintage, bought it with less that 100 hours on it and it now has over 300. I have a 54" deck, FEL, 50" front mount blower, 5' rear scraper blade, weight box and chains. It came with a tow behind trailer, a nice one, that I have since sold. I bought a PHD, used, completed a major fence project with it and then resold it.

I don't know what you have for property, but I use mine all the time. Mow once a week and every time it snows I use it as well. I use my FEL all the time for things that I once muscled around. The potential to use it more than you think you will is there, depending on your situation.

My BX is my favorite cordless tool.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:59 AM   #225
oj may
Have bike, will travel.

My '11 BX25 now has 180 hours on it. It got more time than the bike this last year. My 5 acres is about 2/3 reclaimed from 12 years of neglect and next summer should see the end.

I am removing all Box Elders and Buckthorns. Multiflora Roses are a thing of the past. We have a lot of Black Walnut, Hickory, Oak, Blue Spruce, Norway Spruce, White and Yellow Pine and various fruit trees. Ash trees still voumteer, but as soon as they are old enough to have rough bark, the Emerald Ash Borer gets them, I have about 35 dead ash that I am going to put in the stove.

The Kubota has been a real blessing, I would have struggled for a decade to accomplish what has been done over the last 16 months.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: