Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 70 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-25-2014, 05:29 AM   #316
ktm360mx
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 197
Thanks

Thanks for your thoughts and your right- I want to stay out of the grey market, so I spoke with the dealer more today.

Agco isn't grey market. they were Alis, then Agco, now Massey. Agco acquired Massey in 2009 - so the 2008 Agco S47 I am looking at is the 09-14 Massey 1648.

Any thoughts on the Massey 1649? Thinking I will pull the trigger this weekend on one.

ktm360mx screwed with this post 02-25-2014 at 05:11 PM
ktm360mx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 08:36 PM   #317
Hog Rider
The Professor

Oddometer: 1,411
I could not live where I do with out mine

7 acres of lawn, or 300 inch winter my 01 Kioti LK 3054 has never missed a beat

Hog Rider

IBA # 31325
AMA# 739943
Cobb
Etc..

http://carlstwowheeledadventures.blogspot.com

2006 Buell Ulysses, Current Rally Mount
1984 HD Electra Glide Classic
1977 BMW R 100/7 Cafe'
1982 Honda CBX Super Sport, Work in progress
Hog Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 07:54 AM   #318
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,703
Welp....the decision has been made....if it was not for the crappy weather we have here in KC this would be here on Monday. As it might have to wait a day or two.

FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 11:11 AM   #319
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

New big orange Tonka toy should be at my house on Thursday...can't wait.
Old 03-04-2014, 01:52 PM   #320
kobudo28
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPGT72 View Post
Good for you! I always refer to my BX as my favorite cordless tool.
Old 03-04-2014, 01:53 PM   #321
tommu56
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPGT72 View Post
Tell how the grapple works out!

tom
tommu56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 04:01 PM   #322
mark883
Holding up Michoagán

Oddometer: 1,591
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktm360mx View Post
I am in the same boat as many of you- looking for a 30-40 hp 4x4 tractor with FEL. Need it to be a do it all machine- loader, moving hay, tiller, field plow....

I have been seriously considering the LS tractors. Good features, good price, dealer is 5 miles away. The G series 33hp is $15k, the G series 38 is $16k.

My dilemma- I want a full size tractor with 35-45hp and a bucket that will lift at least 1500lbs or more to full height, but want to spend $10-15k Yes, I know......

The G series looks good, but the R series in LS or the Kubota L3400 or L3800's are what I want.

So, at the Agco/Massey/LS/McCormick dealer last saturday and up pulls a 7 year old 47hp Agco SL47a that looks almost brand new. Has everything I want and then some-- big quick detach bucket on the front, 4x4, sun canopy, and even hydro (something I never thought was in the budget).for $15k out the door. More than I hoped for, more and better than I need....

Seems like a good deal, 600 hours on it-- but it's Agco (now marketed under the MAssey name). Dealer says parts are no problem. Cant find much info on them anywhere other than the corporate story.

I'm thinking yes What do you guys think?
Agco / Massey has been around forever. Agco is 3rd place behind JD, then Case/International/NewHolland/Ford/Fiat/AllisChalmers/Whatever.

It all depends on your dealer. A good dealer will give you good parts & service support.
mark883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 07:37 PM   #323
ktm360mx
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 197
It followed me home

Well- the Agco ST47 followed me home last Saturday. I have only put 4 hours on it this week so far and absolutely love it.

So far:

Drilled a few 12" holes for the corner posts for our new fence.

Pulled a 10' telephone pole out of the ground (buried 4' in the ground)

Gave the kids a bazillion rides

Taught my 3 daughters how to drive it, so they can do chores

Next up:

Drill 400 4" posts, and 35 8-9" posts.

Build the Mountain Bike/MX track Designing that now!

Till the garden (about 1 acre)

I've used tractors before, but can't believe I have used our BCS/Grillio for so long. How dumb is that!

I am out of town for the next few days- Ill post some pics later this weekend.
ktm360mx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 08:40 PM   #324
broncobowsher
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,445
Been reading and looking for a while now. Thought I found a decent Kubota. Made arrangements, loaded up a trailer and some cash, went to see it. Looked OK, 1,000 hour machine, started right up, ran good, new clutch, no major leaks. Everything was going good until the test drive. 4WD didn't feel like it was engaging. Took a closer look and noticed the front drive shaft was missing. Owner made a quick phone call to a "mechanic" who said it was only $200 in parts. I thought higher and we no longer agreed on the value anymore. Later I looked up the missing parts. $550. That was just to replace what was missing, no guarantee that it would work.

Back to looking again.
broncobowsher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 05:40 AM   #325
adam_c_eckhardt
done with Chemistry!

Oddometer: 5,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by broncobowsher View Post
Been reading and looking for a while now. Thought I found a decent Kubota. Made arrangements, loaded up a trailer and some cash, went to see it. Looked OK, 1,000 hour machine, started right up, ran good, new clutch, no major leaks. Everything was going good until the test drive. 4WD didn't feel like it was engaging. Took a closer look and noticed the front drive shaft was missing. Owner made a quick phone call to a "mechanic" who said it was only $200 in parts. I thought higher and we no longer agreed on the value anymore. Later I looked up the missing parts. $550. That was just to replace what was missing, no guarantee that it would work.

Back to looking again.
Kinda weird that it was missing in the first place- probably a good choice that you moved on!
adam_c_eckhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 05:54 AM   #326
trailer Rails
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam_c_eckhardt View Post
Kinda weird that it was missing in the first place- probably a good choice that you moved on!
X2, usually there is a reason it was removed. Such as, 4wd is not disengaging and it was cheaper/easier just to remove the driveshaft. The owner was hiding something.
trailer Rails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 06:29 AM   #327
adam_c_eckhardt
done with Chemistry!

Oddometer: 5,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by broncobowsher View Post

Back to looking again.
I'm sure it's been said before (possibly even by myself) but...

I started out looking for used, and without even going to look at anything (looked at a few in person- stuff that was parked roadside with a "for sale" sign on it) in person all I was coming across was junk that had been neglected and abused. With interest rates at 0% I was happy to pay more for new. 40 more interest-free payments and she's all mine!
adam_c_eckhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 12:27 PM   #328
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam_c_eckhardt View Post
I'm sure it's been said before (possibly even by myself) but...

I started out looking for used, and without even going to look at anything (looked at a few in person- stuff that was parked roadside with a "for sale" sign on it) in person all I was coming across was junk that had been neglected and abused. With interest rates at 0% I was happy to pay more for new. 40 more interest-free payments and she's all mine!
+1

A used machine several thousand cheaper ended up being more in the end over a brand spanking new machine at 0%.

Kubota, JD, MF all have 0% going on right now and I found the same thing....buying used cheap enough to come out ahead was getting a VERY used machine.....just not worth it.

So many said don't buy new buy a used machine they are just like cars and worth nothing the minute you sign the papers....well not in my experience, and most people usually keep a tractor a LOT longer then they keep their chevy that turns itself off and kills people.

Check out the new machines and the prices you might be much better off....I know I was.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:13 PM   #329
ebbfjr
n00b

Oddometer: 3
I bought a Kubota M7040 last year and found exactly the same thing concerning new versus used. I looked for more than a year and every used machine worth buying would have ended up more expensive or about a push after travel to check it out, shipping it to my farm and having to pay for the entire cost up front. Kubota had 5 year, 0% financing which also included certain attachments.
ebbfjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 05:21 AM   #330
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Yes...that is something I forgot, The attachments if from Land Pride or Kubota can all be tossed into the 0%, makes it nice.

That was another reason for going orange and not green. The JD had a 3 implement deal and Kubota had 0% on any attachment from them or LP. The choice of attachments are also more limited on the 1 series machines....yes you can "get them to work" but things like this little grapple are made specifically for the Kubota. Add to that I think the Kubota was of just as high quality if not higher (I am sorry green fans but a plastic tractor is fucking stupid....and if you are going to make it out of plastic it sure as shit should be cheaper) and the price over the Green was a few thousand cheaper. Other brands like Kioti, and such I did not look twice at.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: