User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 26 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-07-2014, 04:03 AM   #331
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,240
Welp they dropped the machine off last night and the first thing I used the tractor for was to pull the dealers truck out of the mud....it was stuck in my "yard"

Pretty crappy video....(the wife has not the greatest picture taking skills)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbZrXktQTXU

It was REALLY soupy at home, and can't fault the guy, but it was kinda funny....that little tractor pulling the truck and trailer it came out on out of where it was stuck.

I am super happy with the process with the dealer start to finish. Great place and great bunch of guys......even if they did farm my yard a little
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 05:45 AM   #332
SaharaJp99
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 638
I have had a few compact tractors over the last few years and I love the plastic hood on my JD 3203! I can drop crap on it all day long and it just bounces off instead of dents! My 950 hood looked like cottage cheese from being dented and pushed out so many times. To each their own I guess!
SaharaJp99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:15 AM   #333
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaharaJp99 View Post
I have had a few compact tractors over the last few years and I love the plastic hood on my JD 3203! I can drop crap on it all day long and it just bounces off instead of dents! My 950 hood looked like cottage cheese from being dented and pushed out so many times. To each their own I guess!
It just seemed so flimsy and weak.

Been using the crap out of the machine here the past few days.

First job was to dig out a stump that had been bothering me for years....then I started taking down what was left of my old pistol back stop. Little machine has impressed me greatly so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbyBamMh3OQ
Old 03-21-2014, 08:58 AM   #334
Piston
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 274
Nice Grapple!
Is that the new Landpride one that is specifically made for the BX's?

I have quite a few attachments for my tractor, and I would trade every single one of them to keep my grapple. I almost never use my bucket since buying the grapple a few years ago.
“What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race.”
Piston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 10:40 AM   #335
dfwscotty
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,159
Been following this thread for a while, googling prices. I wasn't really thinking about backhoes but recently have been thinking about them especially if they are quick/easy on and off the tractor. I haven't talked to dealers but with the backhoes being small overall are there various bucket sizes available or are they limited to pretty much one size?

1999 BMW 1100GS
2012 Kawasaki Concours
dfwscotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 12:19 PM   #336
broncobowsher
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,243
After a lot of searching I finally picked up a used Kubota. 25HP, 4WD, loader, and a gannon hanging off the 3-point. Delivered this morning. Already pulled 2 trees out of the ground. The last trees were pulled out with a quad (heavy 4WD workhorse) or my Xterra. Those were bastards. Kubota, didn't even slip a tire.

This is a 2 year plan (see how well that actually works out). Get the yard landscaped and sell it in 2 years. I already have people wanting it when I am done. This was a hard one to find. It wasn't beat to death. It had seen some servicing in it's life as well.

Already planning on modifying an old receiver hitch to hang off the 3-point. Just to help move trailers around the yard.

I've got some holes in my yard I need to fill in now.
broncobowsher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 09:43 PM   #337
Hardware02
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPGT72 View Post
It just seemed so flimsy and weak.

Been using the crap out of the machine here the past few days.

First job was to dig out a stump that had been bothering me for years....then I started taking down what was left of my old pistol back stop. Little machine has impressed me greatly so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbyBamMh3OQ

Honest questions - not intended to flame...

What's the lifting capacity of the loader arms/grapple set-up? How heavy were the individual RR ties? Wouldn't it've been simpler/quicker to hand load them onto a utility trailer hooked up to an ATV or even a pick-up and move them in one trip?

The BX25 doesn't look much bigger than a lawn tractor - what's the benefit in going so small?
Hardware02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 09:54 PM   #338
chacha
CAT Herder

Oddometer: 2,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardware02 View Post

What's the lifting capacity of the loader arms/grapple set-up? How heavy were the individual RR ties? Wouldn't it've been simpler/quicker to hand load them onto a utility trailer hooked up to an ATV or even a pick-up and move them in one trip?

The BX25 doesn't look much bigger than a lawn tractor - what's the benefit in going so small?

Dammit, Let the man play with his new toy!
Old 03-23-2014, 02:00 AM   #339
Piston
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncobowsher View Post
After a lot of searching I finally picked up a used Kubota. 25HP, 4WD, loader, and a gannon hanging off the 3-point. Delivered this morning....

This is a 2 year plan (see how well that actually works out). Get the yard landscaped and sell it in 2 years.
B series or BX? Bet you never sell it, unless it's to upgrade

Quote:

What's the lifting capacity of the loader arms/grapple set-up? How heavy were the individual RR ties?
Lift capacity should be around 800lbs or so if I remember correctly. If his grapple is the new land pride one that just came out, then it barely weighs any more than the bucket it replaces, so you really don't lose any lift capacity.

Quote:
Wouldn't it've been simpler/quicker to hand load them onto a utility trailer hooked up to an ATV or even a pick-up and move them in one trip?
Ever heard the term... "Work smarter not harder" Honestly, I can't understand why you would ever lift something by hand to place it on something else, when you have a loader and grapple that you can finesse to do almost anything.

Quote:
It really isn't all that much bigger than a lawn tractor, that's the appeal of it. You can mow your lawn, dig a stump, move brush/firewood, use about any possible implement you can think of with the 3 point hitch/PTO, all in one "do-it-all" package.
The lighter weight and smaller size of the BX, allow you to mow without rutting up your lawn, and get into really tight spaces. Small tractors like this can do most things larger tractors like mine can do, aside from lifting as much weight, they just take longer to do it.

Sort of like having small plated 2 stroke and a big adventure tourer. You really need two at minimum
“What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race.”
Old 03-23-2014, 10:28 AM   #340
car94
What's this Box for?

Oddometer: 3,159
Pissed I knew it would happen!

Got tired of trying to plow with the 9ft drag blade I have for my big tractor. So I bought a 54" Snow blower for the 1026R like this>

Has not snowed since
Old 03-23-2014, 02:25 PM   #341
broncobowsher
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piston View Post
B series or BX? Bet you never sell it, unless it's to upgrade
L245DT Older stuff. love simplicity when it just has to function.

The pervious owner just replaced all the rubber hydraulic lines, I think I found an error. Look like he reversed the supply and return. The valves like to stick and the "outlet" from the loader control valves looks like it goes to the pump. Got a friend who knows this stuff fairly well and when he gets back from Vegas I plan on having him confirm it. I would love to think that a simple mistake is what got him to sell it.

Mechanically, it is great. Looks like nothing has ever been done short of service work. Paint looks old and original. Still has the belt guard (that is always missing on the beat up machines). Starts right up, never any smoke. The only thing that has any signs of being jacked around with is the loader. And there isn't much to that.

I hope to sell it. I don't want this landscaping project to go on forever. Besides I need money to build a garage. I am already planning on the tractor sale to pay for most of that.
broncobowsher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 06:25 AM   #342
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Sorry for not getting back....

Yes it is the new land pride grapple. I have used it quite a bit, it will pickup 3 RR ties like it is nothing I really don't know how heavy they are...we moved them last time with a boom and an 8N with a tie strap around them....not the most safe way or fastest. I know with my back I really can't move them at all.

So far I have 20 hours on the machine...and it really is the perfect size for me.

As to the size, yea it is really about the size of a big garden tractor. It is 23HP 3 cyl diesel. And one reason I went with this size and not something bigger....and I did look at tractors up to 3 series in JD, or L in Kubota.

Before I bought I made a list of stuff I wanted to do, I also know that at some point I will be done with moving trees and building my shooting area...so I wanted a machine for "then what".

So many people had suggested larger machines....people with as few as 2-5 ac saying I needed a 3 series sized JD machine as the smallest. I have 13ac.

But I had seen videos of people doing just what I wanted to do with the smaller machines. So I figured I would give it a shot.

So far I have been very happy with it, and it has done everything I want it to do. Larger machine takes more space, I feel a little more iffy taking it on slopes, it is also a little harder on the grass when mowing....and it is going to mow.

Everyone says well you should get a zero turn and you can go faster. Unless I go with a Ferris or something with some suspension I can't go very fast on my land...it is just too bumpy.

The tractor was a compromise....like most things. It has done every job I have asked it to do...some of the bigger ones take a little more time...but I have time. It really is fun for me...I like being outside even in the hot weather. And I can get it into those smaller areas the larger machine would not fit.
Old 03-24-2014, 06:29 AM   #343
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by car94 View Post
Got tired of trying to plow with the 9ft drag blade I have for my big tractor. So I bought a 54" Snow blower for the 1026R like this>

Has not snowed since
I have a snow blower as well....makes me wonder how I lived without it.

Mine is on my sears garden tractor however....but it works pretty well

http://s25.photobucket.com/user/cher...20035.mp4.html
Old 03-24-2014, 08:51 AM   #344
Piston
Gnarly Adventurer

Another HUGE advantage of the smaller tractor, is that implements are a WHOLE LOT cheaper than they are for the larger tractors.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:24 AM   #345
tommu56
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by broncobowsher View Post
After a lot of searching I finally picked up a used Kubota. 25HP, 4WD, loader, and a gannon hanging off the 3-point. Delivered this morning. Already pulled 2 trees out of the ground. The last trees were pulled out with a quad (heavy 4WD workhorse) or my Xterra. Those were bastards. Kubota, didn't even slip a tire.

This is a 2 year plan (see how well that actually works out). Get the yard landscaped and sell it in 2 years. I already have people wanting it when I am done. This was a hard one to find. It wasn't beat to death. It had seen some servicing in it's life as well.

My bet you will keep it

Already planning on modifying an old receiver hitch to hang off the 3-point. Just to help move trailers around the yard.

Be careful the 3 point has no down holding ability if you load the rear of trailer heavy 3 point will lift to max point Ive been there and done it

I've got some holes in my yard I need to fill in now.

Added notes

tom
tommu56 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: