Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 31 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-19-2011, 05:59 AM   #76
Infracaninophile
Finding My Way..

Oddometer: 7,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by MZcountryboy View Post
another vote for blue - We've had this one since new, 7 years now. Trouble free.

It's a TC30 - bigger chassis, no frills. A bigger more powerful tractor than the subcompacts, for the same $$. You'll never wish for less when it comes to tractors.
New Holland TC30:
-----------------------
Weight: 2193 pounds.
HP: Engine:30, PTO: 25.5
Wheelbase: 63 Inches
Hydraulic Valve Flow: 6.1 GPM
Power Steering: Unknown.

Kubota B3300SU:
--------------------
Weight: 1930 pounds.
HP: Engine:33, PTO: 25.0
Wheelbase: 66.8 Inches
Hydraulic Valve Flow: 6.7 GPM
Power Steering: Yes

I would say the NH and the Kubota I got are about the same. It weights about 150 pounds more, but has less HP and a shorter wheelbase. Does have bigger tires. Can't tell if it is 4WD or not as it's optional on the NH. Can't tell if it has power steering or not. Power steering is important for my wife to drive.

The TC30 would be more equivalent to one of the smaller Kubota L series. I think there are Pros and Cons to all tractors. If it's hilly I will take a smaller tractor every day. If you're actually farming or driving big PTO implements then a bigger tractor with more HP is better. You have R1 AG tires on your's (I think) so you're doing farming I guess. I went with R4's again as they work best in rocky stuff we have in Colorado.

It certainly is more tractor that the Kubota BX25 the previous inmate mentioned but it's apples and oranges. BX series are generally use by homeowners.

As you know, until you've owned a small tractor you have no idea of the things it can do to free you up from heavy tasks. Whether mowing, tilling, snow removal, road grading, or digging, these little things will last 20+ years so the cost is really immaterial when you factor in how long they last and how good their resale is.

I wanted a bigger tractor as I need a backhoe for digging trees and irrigation. Here it is. This will be delivered soon. Waiting for the Thumb for the backhoe.

Tom

Infracaninophile screwed with this post 05-19-2011 at 06:06 AM
Infracaninophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 06:06 AM   #77
Infracaninophile
Finding My Way..

Quote:
Originally Posted by oj may View Post
I pulled the trigger on the Kubota BX25 last night. I am waiting for delivery, they have one on the way, but the dealer has to meet a minimum order of 15000 pounds.

I am as excited as when I get a new bike, work will be fun again.
The BX25 is really the best bang for the buck in the smaller tractors I think. I needed a bit more ground clearance but I have seen my neighbor with a BX25 do amazing stuff with it. I am assuming your's came with a FEL and BH, right?

Tom
Old 05-19-2011, 10:59 AM   #78
oj may
Have bike, will travel.

Oddometer: 2,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infracaninophile View Post
The BX25 is really the best bang for the buck in the smaller tractors I think. I needed a bit more ground clearance but I have seen my neighbor with a BX25 do amazing stuff with it. I am assuming your's came with a FEL and BH, right?

Tom
FEL and BH are standard, so yes, I will have them. I am only 'working' 5 acres and there are a lot of trees, size matters, and smaller is better. My property is flat, so no clearance or slope issues.

I am sure a lot of the work would be faster with a bigger machine, but I will soon be retired and I already have summers off, so I can live with a slower pace.
Old 05-19-2011, 03:37 PM   #79
MZcountryboy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,446
Quote:
New Holland TC30:
-----------------------
Weight: 2193 pounds.
HP: Engine:30, PTO: 25.5
Wheelbase: 63 Inches
Hydraulic Valve Flow: 6.1 GPM
Power Steering: Unknown.

Kubota B3300SU:
--------------------
Weight: 1930 pounds.
HP: Engine:33, PTO: 25.0
Wheelbase: 66.8 Inches
Hydraulic Valve Flow: 6.7 GPM
Power Steering: Yes

I would say the NH and the Kubota I got are about the same. It weights about 150 pounds more, but has less HP and a shorter wheelbase. Does have bigger tires. Can't tell if it is 4WD or not as it's optional on the NH. Can't tell if it has power steering or not. Power steering is important for my wife to drive.

The TC30 would be more equivalent to one of the smaller Kubota L series. I think there are Pros and Cons to all tractors. If it's hilly I will take a smaller tractor every day. If you're actually farming or driving big PTO implements then a bigger tractor with more HP is better. You have R1 AG tires on your's (I think) so you're doing farming I guess. I went with R4's again as they work best in rocky stuff we have in Colorado.

It certainly is more tractor that the Kubota BX25 the previous inmate mentioned but it's apples and oranges. BX series are generally use by homeowners.

Tom

The TC30 I have is a 4wd, with the hydrostatic tranny (I wouldn't be w/o it for loader + snow removal work) The TC30 does have power steering, a seperate pump run by a belt (like your car) so it doesn't steer hard when you're going nuts with the loader joystick. The TC 30 hydro also has a 2000 rpm mid pto, and they offer a belly mower for it, which would cut grass like nobodies business. I mow with a push mower, my lawn is so small.

All of the 3 major brands are quite comparable, but the green ones seem to cost the most. I went with the dealer I favored most.

I have the R1 ag tires on, because my land has almost no soil. It's just rotted leaf (evergreen at that!) litter on the forest floor, (my forester/logger buddy used the phrase spruce bog for my land) and man, does it turn to soup. The R1 tires also prohibit me from driving on mowed grass too, something to think about.

A couple of years ago, I drove into some random mud puddle and LITERALLY watched the front tires dissappear.

sank until the loader bottomed out!

Those R1 tires are worthless on ice/snow - thus the hakki chains I run.

I wish the TC 30 had the quick attach (skid steer style) FEL and a foldable ROPS. Those are my gripes. I have remotes in the rear, and the cruise control, so it's pretty sweet for driving a few miles on the road to work at your buddies place.

MZcountryboy screwed with this post 05-19-2011 at 03:45 PM
MZcountryboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 04:42 AM   #80
oj may
Have bike, will travel.

New BX25 delivered tomorrow!
This will be the second tractor I have owned. The first was an 8N that I bought to 'tame' the old barn foundation after the stone was buried by my neighbor. The 8N got too big for mowing with the flail mower and I reluctantly sold it.

I have 5 acres of flat clay land, 2 of yard and the rest is treed with trees from the county conservation. Oak, Maple, Black Walnut and Hickory along with White Pine and Blue Spruce. Over the last ten years it has gotten away from me and there is a lot of brush, raspberry and multiflora rose. My DR mower will do the work that needs to be done, but the task was too daunting and I was looking at years of labor, so I decided it was time for another tractor.

I plan on getting a Ratchet Rake for the bulk of the clearing process. I also have a lot of box elder and poplar that need to come out. The back hoe should be able to dig out the stumps.

I an VERY excited to take ownership tomorrow, but with all of the rain we have gotten, I will need to exercise some caution to avoid getting stuck.

I have a 60" MMM, TPH, back work lights and bucket hooks as add ons. I haven't been this excited since I bought my last motorcycle!
Old 05-26-2011, 09:02 PM   #81
Infracaninophile
Finding My Way..

My B3300SU with FEL, BH, 6' Blade and PHD were delivered today. Let the carnage begin.

Splurged and got a mechanical thumb for the backhoe. I have a lot of rocks to move around.

That is 300' of split rail fence posts and slats. Going to get into the ground next week with the PHD and 9" auger.

Tom
Old 05-27-2011, 04:50 AM   #82
RedRocker
Native Texican

Oddometer: 5,434
Nice setup!
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."
RedRocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 05:33 AM   #83
pnhd65
renaissance man

Oddometer: 326
That is beautiful, you'd better get busy though.

I just got a new red ballcap, came with a Mahindra tractor too.
pnhd65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 05:41 AM   #84
Yooper_Bob
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,565
oohhh....oohhh....oohhh.....can I borrow that?
Yooper_Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 05:41 AM   #85
oj may
Have bike, will travel.

Great looking outfit infracaninophile!!!!

Can I borrow the post hole digger when you finish your fence? I just have to figure out how to get it from Co to Mi.

Mine comes at 4pm today, I will be stuck by 6.
Old 05-27-2011, 06:11 AM   #86
Zoul
No Comment

Oddometer: 1,047
Zoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 06:14 AM   #87
Infracaninophile
Finding My Way..

Quote:

Can I borrow the post hole digger when you finish your fence? I just have to figure out how to get it from Co to Mi.

OJ:

If your tractor has a FEL or a BH you cannot really every get stuck. I had a FEL on my older 24HP Kubota. On occasion when using my 5' blade for snow removal I'd get too close to the edge of the road and slide a little sideways into a ditch or such. Just use the FEL and manipulate the bucket to push yourself out. The BH can do the same. Aren't you getting a BX25? If so, you have a BH, right?

Congrats on the new "tool". My wife calls it my "$20K wheelbarrow". It's my 55th birthday present and she said this one is the last one I get for 20 years.

Tom
Old 05-27-2011, 06:17 AM   #88
Infracaninophile
Finding My Way..

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnhd65 View Post
That is beautiful, you'd better get busy though.

I just got a new red ballcap, came with a Mahindra tractor too.

And my dealer gave me a black Kubota cap. Looks good. Mahindra and Kioti's and some of the other's are also very good products. I just happen to like Orange. I have a close friend who is a Deere Guy. He won't talk to me for a month now and he tried his darnedest to get me to go green.

Tom
Old 05-27-2011, 06:19 AM   #89
Infracaninophile
Finding My Way..

Quote:

OJ:

I think I found your thread on tractorbynet as you have the same name. You can probably guess my user name over there as well based on my pictures and the B3300SU thread.

Tom
Old 05-27-2011, 07:46 AM   #90
RedRocker
Native Texican

Oddometer: 5,434
Quote:
OJ:

I think I found your thread on tractorbynet as you have the same name. You can probably guess my user name over there as well based on my pictures and the B3300SU thread.

Tom
I use the same name over there too.
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."
RedRocker is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: