User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2010, 03:37 PM   #31
k8E
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
B-Rad made it!!!!!

Glad you made it to Lubbock safely baby!!! BBB I spoke to your wife earlier. I don't feel sooo bad missing my hubby as much, she's having the same symptoms We have figured out that wine and margaritas could help with this condition. Let the good times roll....B-Rad try not to spill your beer
k8E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 08:07 PM   #32
Phattyre-Phready2 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 248
We've landed in Abiqui

We made it to our first night's destination at Abiquiu Lake...it's a beautiful location with some cliffs that are on the verge of falling into the lake! Pics are uploading to smugmub...B-Rad will post some shortly.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:51 PM   #33
Phattyre-Phready2 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Abiquiu pics

It's late and we're getting frustrated with the netbook! I'll try to get up some pics of the cliff section that's about to let loose.
Old 09-05-2010, 05:08 PM   #34
k8E
Adventurer

Waiting on the pics!!!

I know everyone is in suspense wanting to see photos of the first day on the great adventure Show me some pics B-RAD
Old 09-06-2010, 10:45 AM   #35
3WayGirl
n00b

Oddometer: 1
...forgetting to count the days

While staying in a borrowed condo at Destin Beach a few years ago, there was a small sign on the wall that declared, "By the sea we forget to count the days"...and I think that is true of any excellent vacation. I hope you guys are in that time warp that only breath-taking views, great weather, and perfect company offer. I hope you are 'forgetting to count the days' as you marvel at the beauty of the mountains on every turn of your bike. In the meantime, I'd love to see some pics and pretend I'm there too!
3WayGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 12:35 PM   #36
manshoon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phattyre-Phready2
As I said, Britt had a really sweet maroon Harley last year.

B-Rad quickly tagged it for him!

He wasn't impressed with the FYYFF tag...he had become Harley Dude! Here's the gang that went to Tennessee last year. On the far left is Sal, an old touring buddy of BBB's when he had a Goldwing. Sal's a Wingnut, too!

Here's another pic from that trip with Juicy front and center. Turns out Brad's 2007 WeeStrom's serial # starts with JS1, also. Jessie was taken...

I knew BBB would be a blast to take Strommin' the San Juans! So I planted a seed and let him play in the dirt on Jessie with Juicy and B-Rad...sorry Mel, it's all my fault! Lookit that grin...think he's having fun?

It worked, just like I figured! Here's some pics of his new 2009 vStrom 1000!

Anyone care to play Where's Waldo for after market farkles? A quick glance will melt credit cards!

I think he just changed the break-in oil, so this baby's brand spanking new!!! I hope that doesn't influence his willingness to go off-road? Nah...not BBB!!!! Like I said earlier, he's an experienced enduro racer.
In the 7th picture down the one of your buddies new 2009 Black Vstrom bike, he has " Two " spare tubes mounted under the exhaust on the Black 1000 Vstrom.

Where do I find these tubes and mounts for my own bike ?
Old 09-07-2010, 07:49 AM   #37
PinIt2WadIt
Adventurer

Oddometer: 76
Thumb Chillin' at Ponderosa

First off, we apologize for promising pics the other night and not delivering. We've had a few issues uploading pics to SmugMug as well as intermittent cell coverage. We are planning to get a room in Ouray tonight and should be able to upload and post a few pics tonight.

We've had a blast the last few days, yesterday was great, rode over 60 miles of unpaved pass roads, and ended with probably the best set of twisties I've ever ridden! I've taken over 500 pics and a dozen ride videos, so we have no shortage of things to share. I'll let Pops fill the blanks about the ride...I was just taking directions from BBB and Pops on were to go. Too busy smiling to remember road names .

We are loading up after camping 2 nights at the Ponderosa Campgrounds near the Blue Mesa Reservoir (8 miles up SoapCreek Road). BEA...utiful spot, not crowded, running water. We made it back to camp about sunset yesterday and the temps were falling. 47F when we went to bed and a cool 28F when we woke up. Even the water spigot was frozen. A cool night is an easy price to pay for enjoying this awesome area!
PinIt2WadIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:51 PM   #38
PinIt2WadIt
Adventurer

Wicked Pics...maybe...

I'm a rookie at this f&*%*&% netbook, but I know we need to post some pscs....so here you go. We'll add some picture comments soon, but not while we are in the middle of celebrating the day's ride!

Hey BBB, some sweet grain elevators behind ya....West Texas for sure

Fine, I'll quit riding so close!

Old 09-07-2010, 11:09 PM   #39
PinIt2WadIt
Adventurer

Wicked Pics...maybe...

I'm a rookie at this f&*%*&% netbook, but I know we need to post some pscs....so here you go. We'll add some picture comments soon, but not while we are in the middle of celebrating the day's ride!

Hey BBB, some sweet grain elevators behind ya....West Texas for sure

Fine, I'll quit riding so close!

I see you back there Pops...

Finally finished the West Texas/Eastern NM flats...time for something different. Made it to Abiquiu around 6pm, ready for some relaxation after that long, windy, straight, blah, blah, blah road.

Old 09-08-2010, 06:23 AM   #40
Phattyre-Phready2 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Danger, danger, Will Robinson

What's this about!?? Gotta' check this out before dark.

This will register on the richter scale when it falls! Not if...but when.

I have a couple pics of the drop that show the height from the water...I guess around 75'. I have to get 'em in Smugmug.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:07 PM   #41
Phattyre-Phready2 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Mostly pics

cause I can't type on this friggin' netbook!!! My thumbs hit the touch pad and buttons unintentionally and it goes to the signin, losing everything. This has happened to Brad several times, too. Not good for the blood pressure. Here are the cliff pics I mentioned earlier.

Looks like some fell recently!

Phattyre-Phready2 screwed with this post 09-08-2010 at 08:57 PM
Phattyre-Phready2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 05:53 AM   #42
k8E
Adventurer

Eek Nothing like being there

Attention all adventure riders Spoke with B-Rad and Pops-in-law last night and they informed me that GREAT pictures ARE being taken! The guys are having difficulty with the netbook that is being used for the pics Was assured that BEAUTIFUL images will be posted....may just have to wait till they are on their desktops in a few days. ALL RIDERS stay continued as you will soon see some NO WORDS TO DESCRIBE pics coming your way
Old 09-12-2010, 03:36 AM   #43
TouringDave
Tri Moto Veritas

Oddometer: 6,913
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phattyre-Phready2
TouringDave,
Here's a pic to show how well they reflect.

I retract my earlier statement...the wife might apply the stripes if you remove the wheels for her? .
PP, I meant whether I could sneak another purchase past her

I just finished getting this on the road.

Sorry for the hijack.
TouringDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 07:33 PM   #44
Phattyre-Phready2 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Hard to pass?

Looks like it'd be hard to see around when passing? Is it hard to attach/ unattach?
Old 09-12-2010, 08:53 PM   #45
Phattyre-Phready2 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Abilqui campsite

The campsites at Abiqui are packed in pretty close and the vault toilets were gross...they reeked!!! The rules said only 2 vehicles and 2 camping units per site, so we had to reserve two. But the views made up for it. Awesome views in all directions.

We had a late lunch at Ft. Sumner, so we snacked for supper.

I didn't get the name of the place, but it was delicious!

There was only one waitress and she had to work the cash register, too! Luckily it was a late lunch.

While I'm filling in blanks, we stopped by the monument to the mule, in Muleshoe, Texas. These are my old stomping grounds...we used to hang german sausages off ol' Pete all the time. This is a new monument and not even called ol' Pete anymore. No need to hang phallic symbols from this one...he's anatomically correct.

B-Rad will post up his "anatomically correct" pic, I'm sure. Notice the sign...no longer ol' Pete, but The Mule.

Santa Fe has the coolest overpasses evaRR!

The scenery gets interesting after Santa Fe.

Since I have a history of snoring and rotfoot, I take the 2nd campsite by myself and set my tent up 20 yards from a mexican campsite, complete with booming oompah music and drunken ai-yai-yai-yai's. Ahh, New Mexico, Land of Resentment...I mean Enchantment. Luckily, the numerous Park Rangers and Camp Hosts were running their rounds enforcing the No Alcohol rule and made them turn it off at 10pm...quiet time.