Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2010, 10:47 AM   #106
jdpower
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by adventorider94
I stand corrected sir. I was only looking for no TTL fees for a Texas resident. I since have been informed they nail you w/ all that anyway when you go to register the bike. No disrepect to lotecredneck at all, my local dealer wants MSRP.
My deal is at D & H Cycles in Cullman, AL. I put $1000 down instead of $500 for price of $11,999 + $90 DOC fee ($2000 less than MSRP ). I got an FJR 2 yr. ago from them also. I'll fly to Birmingham and be picked up free by them. It's a 700 mi. ride home so may break it up to couple of days and plan on first service by me when get home. It will be a fun adventure. BTW, they sell the YES for $389 which I think is about as good as one can find (sorry Florida riders ) It may be cheaper for many to get closer deals at $12,500-12,800 or so but flight for me is about $150-200.

JDP
jdpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 01:44 PM   #107
adventorider94
quasi new adventurer

Oddometer: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Stump
No problem !

Every state gets you for TAXES when you go to register the vehicle.

Unless you find a dealer who is going to beat Tony's price by a lot (which I doubt), the good thing about getting it from him is letting HIM handle all the paperwork (i.e. no waiting in a DPS line)!

Which part of Texas are you in?

Happy / Safe Riding!

Shane
You're right, I doubt anyone will beat Tony's price either. I'm up near Wichita Falls Texas. Lot of Dirt roads up here, and the Harleys don't like dirt too much. Thats why I'm getting into Adventure bikes. Still can't make up my mind on which color bike I want. I'm going to the International Motorcycle show in Dallas to get a look at and hopefully a test ride on the S10.

Vincent van Gogh
adventorider94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 01:56 PM   #108
lotecredneck OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 71
Quote:
You're right, I doubt anyone will beat Tony's price either. I'm up near Wichita Falls Texas. Lot of Dirt roads up here, and the Harleys don't like dirt too much. Thats why I'm getting into Adventure bikes. Still can't make up my mind on which color bike I want. I'm going to the International Motorcycle show in Dallas to get a look at and hopefully a test ride on the S10.
They will have the S10 at the show, but I wouldn't count on riding one! I'm told no demos. I am hearing they will have them in the demo fleet at Bike Week in Daytona. Still just a rumor though...............

Tony
tony@yamahasportscenter.com
lotecredneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 02:45 PM   #109
Shane Stump
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 100
Quote:
Y'all have lots of "dirt dry" river bed most of the year to ride in too (just don't try it after it has rained)!

Tony is only a couple hundred miles from you!

As far the color, just get the BLUE one so you won't have any regrets !

Safe & Happy Riding!

Shane
Shane Stump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 08:38 PM   #110
Slowphil
REALLY Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by gasgasman
my dealer has told me yamaha is planning 1500 units for the usa if the presale orders are more than 1500 they have time to gear up for more!
i would assume some dealers will order for inventory in there market to have units for customers that need to see them or are unaware they are coming over here.
yamaha came up with 1500 units as compred to the 1800 units bmw gs sells in us a year!
The dealer up here is planning on putting a deposit on a couple of them just to have them on the floor (depending on what Yamaha will price them for in Canada of course), he rode one and absolutely loved it.

Super Blackbird CBR 1100XX.......making squids out of gentlemen since 1996
Slowphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 10:32 AM   #111
Hotspice
Satellites not acquired

Oddometer: 5,511
Just got back from my local dealer and they are quoting MSRP.

They also told me they just had one on the showroom. I guess Yamaha is making the rounds with it to generate interest.

I was surprised how little they actually know about the bike and the program.

Get a SmugMug account and use coupon code DwHE0pDRjpJfw to save yourself $5.
Hotspice is offline   Reply With Quote