Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2011, 11:12 PM   #1546
Bluebull2007
Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,941
How the heck do you find the financial resources to bounce back so fast? Im amazed.

Congrats on the new look WR too. I love it. Hopefully it can take a high fender for the muddy days this time?
Bluebull2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 01:47 AM   #1547
JMo (& piglet) OP
Dakar Dazed

Oddometer: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebull2007 View Post
How the heck do you find the financial resources to bounce back so fast? Im amazed.

Congrats on the new look WR too. I love it. Hopefully it can take a high fender for the muddy days this time?
Hey Neil - it is still a huge IF... but it is the goal I'm working towards...

As for the high fender, yes, I imagine that was one of the factors of the re-design - the new fairing sides are much slimmer and further back now (as you can see from the photos), which gives a lot more room around the forks and lower triple-clamp, even if it means less room for sponsor stickers!

The modular nature of the fairing means parts are very east to replace, and access to the nav tower etc is improved - you can get to most things without removing the fairing itself...

Oh and the headlight(s) are now the Vision-X LED lamps - super bright and yet only 10w power consumption - very neat!

Jx
JMo (& piglet) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 01:52 AM   #1548
JMo (& piglet) OP
Dakar Dazed

Quote:
Originally Posted by garfey View Post
And from this may we infer that recovery finally took off apace and that you and Piglet have been on a rigorous exercise and strengthening program?

SOUNDS GREAT,Jen!

Edit: WR looks GREAT, too!
Hey Garfey!

Yes, I had an x-ray a couple of weeks ago and there has been significant bone growth all around the fracture site on my tibia, while the fibula is essentially healed now which is great news...

I will still have to keep the metalwork in for another 9-12 months minimum (which certainly means taking it back to Chile with me IF I go), but at least I'm back on a bike now and trying to get on with life 'as normal'...

I know that if I don't go back next year, the chance of a return greatly diminishes with each passing year and funds are even harder to come by.

I'm still confident I can nail that bastard, with a slight shift of focus away from glory and simply a finish...

We'll see.

Jx
Old 07-12-2011, 03:58 AM   #1549
dakardood
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMo (& piglet) View Post

I'm still confident I can nail that bastard, with a slight shift of focus away from glory and simply a finish...

We'll see.

Jx

Take it steady, get over the finish line in one piece. Glory intact. Job done.

(Just getting to the start line is amazing enough).
dakardood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 06:55 PM   #1550
ArthDuro
quarantined

Oddometer: 2,984
Looking great Jen!
+ momento mori +
ArthDuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 01:03 AM   #1551
dakardood
Gnarly Adventurer

Hi Jen,

Any news on your roadbook pages sale?
Old 07-13-2011, 03:30 AM   #1552
JMo (& piglet) OP
Dakar Dazed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakardood View Post
Hi Jen,

Any news on your roadbook pages sale?
Ah, got a bit of a problem there... the problem being I only have the roadbook that was in my bike on the day of the crash (the others were ejected, thinking I'd be able to save others during the rest of the event you see...), and with there being a 550+ liaison (which has simple instructions) on the day of the crash, there is not much of a roadbook before my crash at km 96.5, only a few pages...

So, there won't really be many available - however, I'll see what I can put together and let you all know...

Jx
Old 07-13-2011, 05:21 AM   #1553
dakardood
Gnarly Adventurer

OK, nice one, could raise some £££ for 2012?

Quote:
Ah, got a bit of a problem there... the problem being I only have the roadbook that was in my bike on the day of the crash (the others were ejected, thinking I'd be able to save others during the rest of the event you see...), and with there being a 550+ liaison (which has simple instructions) on the day of the crash, there is not much of a roadbook before my crash at km 96.5, only a few pages...

So, there won't really be many available - however, I'll see what I can put together and let you all know...

Jx
Old 07-13-2011, 05:28 AM   #1554
pebble35
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,357
Quote:

Jx
So that just makes them even more rare and collectible (and more expensive !)

Jen, once your plans are sorted give me a shout and we will dip into the piggy bank to help out. Putoline are happy to help again as well.

Owen

www.bikersjersey.com for all your KTM parts
A 2,400 KM ride around Egypt by Scooter - ride report here
pebble35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 10:28 AM   #1555
JMo (& piglet) OP
Dakar Dazed

Quote:
Originally Posted by pebble35 View Post
So that just makes them even more rare and collectible (and more expensive !)

Jen, once your plans are sorted give me a shout and we will dip into the piggy bank to help out. Putoline are happy to help again as well.

Owen
Owen, that would be really great - and yes, I did intend to get in touch just as soon as a few things are firmed up (erm, like my tibia x)...

I also met someone recently who is prepared to cash sponsor me a not insignificant amount too, and have a few more avenues to pursue - although a [potential] major sponsor didn't work out... fools!

There are massive costs to meet as you are aware, so all help, especially with consumables and 'incidentals' would be a huge help...

I am also hoping to have a new range of merchandise and to put together a new sponsor pack for 2012, so if you or any associated companies have some freebies or vouchers they would like to include, that would be great too!

I hope to have the decision made by the end of this month...

Jx
Old 07-18-2011, 02:34 AM   #1556
Deadly99
Fast and Far

Oddometer: 8,565

TCAT (Trans Canada Adventure Trail)

Gravel Travel Canada - Canada's Source for Overland Travel
Deadly99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 09:06 AM   #1557
Evil Invader
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 639
Thumb you go girl!

Oh, and more pics of the bike pleeease!

M Motoadventures
Evil Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 01:22 PM   #1558
DakarDemon
Ride!

Oddometer: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by garfey View Post
And from this may we infer that recovery finally took off apace and that you and Piglet have been on a rigorous exercise and strengthening program?

SOUNDS GREAT,Jen!

Edit: WR looks GREAT, too!
Hello Jenny

Yes I wonder what your fitness program is. You need to be so strong and fit to even stand a chance of getting past the first week.
What is your plan?

I followed your story last year shame you crashed so soon.

Looking forward to following you in 2012!

DD
DakarDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 01:30 PM   #1559
JMo (& piglet) OP
Dakar Dazed

To be honest, right now I'm not in the best of shape, but I'm doing my best to lose a bit of weight, and now I have my mountain bikes at home, I'm going to be getting out and getting fit again...

My concern is my left ankle, it aches a lot and swells up at the end of each day still - but I'm hoping that regular exercise and using it as naturally as possible should help things back into place.

One thing for sure, is if I do go back this January, the metalwork will still be in there...

I hope to be in a position to make a definitive decision by the end of this month.

Jx
Old 07-19-2011, 09:28 AM   #1560
DakarDemon
Ride!

Oddometer: 9
Quote:
To be honest, right now I'm not in the best of shape, but I'm doing my best to lose a bit of weight, and now I have my mountain bikes at home, I'm going to be getting out and getting fit again...

My concern is my left ankle, it aches a lot and swells up at the end of each day still - but I'm hoping that regular exercise and using it as naturally as possible should help things back into place.

One thing for sure, is if I do go back this January, the metalwork will still be in there...

I hope to be in a position to make a definitive decision by the end of this month.

Jx
I look forward to hearing your news at the end of the month! and very much look forward to reading all about you in Jan 2012!

Good Luck with the weight loss and Mountain bike riding. Will you go off road on the Mountain bike or stick to Road Race / riding?

Swimming and Running is also a very good way of doing your cardiovascular exercise, but I'm sure I'm telling an old Pro. What was your diet and exercise regime for 2011 Dakar?

Watching with great interest

Good Luck

DD

DakarDemon screwed with this post 07-19-2011 at 09:52 AM
DakarDemon is offline   Reply With Quote