Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2011, 02:38 PM   #1606
JMo (& piglet) OP
Dakar Dazed

Oddometer: 3,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by garfey View Post
And are "these next couple of weeks" literally these next couple of weeks?

I've been hoping that someday I might find myself, and a bike or two, of course, in the same locale as you
so I could say "HOWDY" properly. But if it's really the next couple and if your earlier mention of Moab is related,
, as I'm totally committed in Tejas.

But should you find yourself down in Big Bend (Study Butte/Terlingua), oh, 'round 23-26 September, you'd likely
find a 640 Adv waiting for you. The 'Berg FE400 would have been a perfect loaner but Big Bird, alas, remains
in the STOLEN column.
Hey Garfey! - Bummer about the 'Berg, sorry to hear it... :o(

Yes, I am in the US at the moment - but up near San Francisco and will be heading to Moab this coming weekend...

I'm only here until the 25th, so I'm not going to get a chance to head down your way this time, but don't worry - it's on my list next time I come for an extended stay...

I have fond memories of the last time I was down Terlingua way:

Jx
JMo (& piglet) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 02:40 PM   #1607
JMo (& piglet) OP
Dakar Dazed

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoThere@50 View Post
As I recall, you have a certain affinity for large rocks in Moab .. No repeats OK? Keep all the bones intact so we can follow a 100% effort in 2013! Post some photos of the fun in Moab if you get the chance.
Hee hee - Moab isn't the problem, it was the Rubicon Trail up near Lake Tahoe that is my nemisis!

Jx
Old 09-07-2011, 07:18 PM   #1608
Bigger Al
Still a stupid tire guy

Oddometer: 7,797
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMo (& piglet) View Post
Hee hee - Moab isn't the problem, it was the Rubicon Trail up near Lake Tahoe that is my nemisis!

Jx

And to think that the weather on the Rubicon has been perfect of late.......

Steve McQueen

Bigger Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 12:51 PM   #1609
nagykovi
Adventurer

Oddometer: 88
hello Jenny,

Do you have a Users manual for the JVO KIT?

I bought a used kit without any documentation, this project is a big black hole for me....

Can you help me?

Thank you.
nagykovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:39 AM   #1610
Bluebull2007
Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,960
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagykovi View Post
hello Jenny,

Do you have a Users manual for the JVO KIT?

I bought a used kit without any documentation, this project is a big black hole for me....

Can you help me?

Thank you.
Unfortunatley they dont really come with a user manual. Im pretty sure I remember detailed pics in this thread (scrolling back a hundred pages or so..) you will see how to put it all together along with the problems you are likely to encounter described.

Jenny, I wanted to ask you what you did about getting the bike to work at altitude: Did you change the jets? if you did what jets did you use?
Bluebull2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 09:09 PM   #1611
cynicwanderer
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 555
are you going to do the rubicon this trip ? hats off ! are you going to be in sacramento/area ?

Quote:

Jx
cynicwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:34 PM   #1612
JMo (& piglet) OP
Dakar Dazed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebull2007 View Post
Unfortunatley they dont really come with a user manual. Im pretty sure I remember detailed pics in this thread (scrolling back a hundred pages or so..) you will see how to put it all together along with the problems you are likely to encounter described.

Jenny, I wanted to ask you what you did about getting the bike to work at altitude: Did you change the jets? if you did what jets did you use?
Nagykovi - As Bluebull says, you don't really get any info from JVO in the form of a manual or anything, but Jorge does have a few photos he can email you if you are really stuck... once the bits are laid out it is pretty straightforward to fit - as I recall, you need to drill out the forward tank mount on the WR frame and re-tap it with an M8 thread, plus the captive nuts on the upper engine mount plates need to be removed/ground off, plus there is some drilling and tapping to do to the headstock to accept the nav-tower bracket, otherwise the rest bolts on...

Bluebull - I simply ran the 'derestricted' spec jets, can't remember the number for the pilot right now, but I think the main was 170 (or possibly the 168) - anyway, it worked fine at all altitudes during the Dakar, even at 15,000ft on liaison it would still pull 60mph/100kmh, with a little in reserve...

Jx
Old 09-18-2011, 09:36 PM   #1613
JMo (& piglet) OP
Dakar Dazed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicwanderer View Post
are you going to do the rubicon this trip ? hats off ! are you going to be in sacramento/area ?
Hi Cynic' - I actually drove past Sacramento a little earlier this afternoon!

I don't think I'm going to get the chance to ride the Rubicon this time after all... just got back from a great week in Moab though, despite it raining some of the time!

Jx
Old 09-18-2011, 09:44 PM   #1614
cynicwanderer
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 555
small world... we were up in the mountains on our bikes near the rubicon today checking out a B17 wreck. we actually went up to the rubicon trail head for a little bit, but it was getting a little late. came back on US50. I'm looking forward to going to moab some time.

Quote:
Hi Cynic' - I actually drove past Sacramento a little earlier this afternoon!

I don't think I'm going to get the chance to ride the Rubicon this time after all... just got back from a great week in Moab though, despite it raining some of the time!

Jx
cynicwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 10:21 AM   #1615
JMo (& piglet) OP
Dakar Dazed

Alfred Wiedersehen, and other bikes I have loved...

So, I've finally bitten the bullet, and the mighty Tenere is now officially looking for a new owner:

http://www.touratech.co.uk/forsale_j...aha_xt660z.htm

It's not a decision I have really wanted to make, but if I am ever to get back to The Dakar (in 2013), then I have to let her go...

The bike is available to view in Touratech UK, and should anyone from outside of the UK wish to purchase, I'm sure they can make the necessary shipping arrangements.

All the info and background is on the website link above, but if you have any specific questions, do ask away here...

The way the bike is currently set up it would make an excellent overland adventure bike, or a serious contender for the UK Big-Bike Challenge. I have also refitted the rally navigation brackets, so it would be very easy to attach a roadbook and IMO, and enter any open-class rally.

The Power commander and DNA filter/open airbox is currently not fitted, as I have to admit it does make the bike more juicy in the region of 10-15%, so for everyday riding you probably wouldn't want that. However, should you simply be unable to do without that extra 5bhp or so, plus the additional grunt of the custom fueling map, then refitting takes approximately an hour to unleash the full potential of the beast!

I hope someone has as much fun on her as I did...

Toot toot!

Jenny xx

Good times:

refurbished and repainted:

Jx
Old 10-17-2011, 03:10 PM   #1616
JMo (& piglet) OP
Dakar Dazed

Just incase anyone was wondering...

As you know, I have been unable to secure an entry on the 2012 edition of Dakar, despite feeling that physically I would be in a position to return to rally racing as soon as this coming January.

However, what this does mean is I have a lot more time to prepare both myself and the bike for a more focused, and indeed hopefully sucessful return in January 2013.

Obviously with route changes for this coming Dakar (end to end, Argentina - Chilie - Peru), who knows what the organisation have in store for us in 2013, but whatever, and indeed wherever, I intend to be there!

Obviously there are a number of ADV inmates involved and entered for the 2012 edition, so I, along with many of you I'm sure, will be throwing our weight and support behind those fortunate souls...

Over the winter period I shall be revamping the Jennydakar.com website, and in the spring of 2012 (once all the hoohaa of the 2012 Dakar has abated), I shall be launching my new campaign and revamped website, together with a range of tasty team merchandise, together with [hopefully!] some really cool products from my sponsors...

In the meantime, have a little clock to remind you all!

Toot toot for now!

Jenny xx
Old 10-17-2011, 03:16 PM   #1617
pebble35
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,363
Quote:
Just incase anyone was wondering...

As you know, I have been unable to secure an entry on the 2012 edition of Dakar, despite feeling that physically I would be in a position to return to rally racing as soon as this coming January.

However, what this does mean is I have a lot more time to prepare both myself and the bike for a more focused, and indeed hopefully sucessful return in January 2013.

Obviously with route changes for this coming Dakar (end to end, Argentina - Chilie - Peru), who knows what the organisation have in store for us in 2013, but whatever, and indeed wherever, I intend to be there!

Obviously there are a number of ADV inmates involved and entered for the 2012 edition, so I, along with many of you I'm sure, will be throwing our weight and support behind those fortunate souls...

Over the winter period I shall be revamping the Jennydakar.com website, and in the spring of 2012 (once all the hoohaa of the 2012 Dakar has abated), I shall be launching my new campaign and revamped website, together with a range of tasty team merchandise, together with [hopefully!] some really cool products from my sponsors...

In the meantime, have a little clock to remind you all!

Toot toot for now!

Jenny xx
If this was Facebook I would be hitting the 'Like' button right now !

www.bikersjersey.com for all your KTM parts
A 2,400 KM ride around Egypt by Scooter - ride report here
pebble35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 03:23 PM   #1618
JMo (& piglet) OP
Dakar Dazed

I've tried to post the clock to Facebook, but it won't work... also, for some reason, the title of the clock here says "countdown" for some reason, but on my website says "Dakar Rally 2013 starts:", even though the code is exactly the same?!

Computers... love 'em.

Either way [as we speak] there are 'only' 441 days to go!

Better get my sh!t together eh?!

Jx
Old 10-17-2011, 08:30 PM   #1619
drc42
Rally Dreamer

Oddometer: 1,791
Looking forward to seeing your prep for 2013, you write some of the best prep and build-up threads on ADV

So, did you give up on the idea of selling framed sections of the roadbook? You could raise some cash for the next Dakar run, even more if you signed each one.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:17 AM   #1620
NordieBoy
Armature speller

Oddometer: 7,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by drc42 View Post
So, did you give up on the idea of selling framed sections of the roadbook? You could raise some cash for the next Dakar run, even more if you signed each one.
Now, if she got Boundsy, Patsy, Clivey, Simony etc etc to sign them too
NordieBoy is online now   Reply With Quote