n00b

Oddometer: 6
looks as tho the info's from si pavey .......doh
tenyamman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 02:30 PM   #857
garfey
Scruffy Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,219
Yeah, from crosschecking the time of posts on other threads, that looks to be the case; and since we know Si's on scene, it doesn't look good. Fingers, toes and alla dat crossed that if it's true it's not too terribly serious.
Old 01-05-2011, 02:45 PM   #858
SonHomme
Team F5,⌘R FYCYFF

Oddometer: 558
At this point, I hope it is just broken bones, that is easily fixable. I just pray that is all it is.
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16
I use to smoke, now I vape.
DP: I was thinking, "all these people ...are sleeping now". Nope, you're all still on! When do you sleep?!
PackMule:Third week of January. n00b.

TEAM F5, rank: ⌘R ===> FTW
SonHomme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 02:52 PM   #859
Mileater
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 379
Crap! F5 key is worn out... the main thread is reporting Jenny out... hoping against hope that it is NOT true

Whatever the outcome, many thanks to all those who have made this thread such a good read and best wishes to Jenny for a speedy recovery from whatever ails her (or her bike).

Cheers
Allan
Old 01-05-2011, 02:59 PM   #860
Gian
dreamer

Oddometer: 1,102
Sorry, it's being confirmed on the italian blog by Elisabetta Caracciolo

http://quellidellafrica.myblog.it/ar...amba.html#more

05/01/2011

Jenny si rotta una gamba

Se ne va a casa prima del tempo la simpatica Jenny, e per giunta con una gamba rotta. E' accaduto oggi in speciale e Guido Cusumano che viaggiava dietro ha visto tutto il volo ed rimasto con lei fino a che non arrivato l'elicottero. Jenny una vecchia conoscenza di questo blog, perch lo scorso anno l'ho conosciuta alla leggenda degli eroi, anzi nel 2009 visto che ormai siamo nell'anno nuovo, e poi l'ho rivista in Tunisia nel 2010 e poi eccola qui a Buenos Aires. Ci vediamo e ci salutiamo dapprima nella capitale alle verifiche e poi la incontro al bivacco quasi ogni giorno, compreso ieri, quando arrivata. Stava andando bene, tranquilla, e invece oggi accipicchia, che brutto volo. Lo racconto con le parole di Guido Cusumano, il nostro siciliano : "Ero proprio dietro a lei, in un tratto piatto, e non stava andando troppo veloce. Invece ad un certo punto c'era una cunetta e lei l'ha saltata bene, atterrando sulle due ruote, ma poi c'era subito un altro saltino e lei l'ha fatto ma quando atterrata c'era una cunetta e la ruota anteriore ci ha sbattuto contro, come se fosse un muretto. La moto l'ha disarcionata e lei caduta per terra e la moto le caduta addosso. Mi sono fermato e sono corso subito da lei per aiutarla e lei mi ha detto subito, mi sono rotta una gamba. Allora ho usato la sua apparecchiatura per chiamare un elicottero che venisse a soccorrerla e una volta fatto le ho detto non ti preoccupare, io rimango qui con te fino a che non arrivano i soccorsi. Lei mi ha stretto la mano e con un sorriso debole mi ha detto "Grazie!". Mi faceva una grandissima pena poverina, ma mi ha colpito la compostezza del suo dolore. Soffriva e si vedeva, ma era tranquilla e assolutamente controllata. Poi quando sono arrivati i soccorsi l'ho lasciata e ho proseguito". Appena me lo racconta vado subito nella tenda medica sperando che sia l, per vederla e consolarla, ma invece il medico mi dice che l'hanno gi trasferita all'ospedale. Chiedo lumi e mi dice di non preoccuparmi, ha rotto il femore ma non una frattura scomposta. Era serena mi dice ancora, e poi sorride quando gli ripeto le parole di Guido e della sua compostezza. E anche il medico mi dice, " verissimo e ha anche senso dello humor. Mentre la bloccavamo per caricarla in elicottero ha voluto una mano libera per fare le fotografie" ! Tipicamente inglese !!

translated by Google
05/01/2011
Jenny has broken leg

He leaves home before the time the cute Jenny, and come with a broken leg. It happened today in special and Guido Cusumano that was traveling behind saw everything the flight and remained with her until the helicopter arrived. Jenny is an old acquaintance of this blog, because in 2009 I met her at the Heroes Legend, and then I saw her in Tunisia in 2010 and then here it is in Buenos Aires. We see and we say goodbye to the capital first and then testing to meet the camp almost every day, including yesterday, when she arrived. It was going good, quiet, yet today Wow, that bad flight. The story in the words of Guido Cusumano, our Sicilian: "I was right behind her, in a flat stretch, and was not going too fast. But at some point there was a ditch and she has jumped well, landing on two wheels, but then there was just another jump and she did it but when it landed there was another ditch and the front wheel ran into it, like it was a little wall. The bike has thrown and she fell to the ground and the bike fell on her. I stopped immediately and ran to her to help her and she told me once, I broke my leg. So I used his equipment to call a helicopter that was to help and once done I said do not worry, I'll stay here with you until help arrives. She shook my hand and with a faint smile he said "Thanks." I was a big penalty poor thing, but I was struck by the composure of his pain. He suffered and was seen, but it was absolutely quiet and controlled. Then came the rescue when I left and I continued. " Just tells me I'll go into the medical tent hoping to be there to see her and console her, but instead the doctor tells me I have already transferred to the hospital. I inquire and tells me not to worry, she broke her hip but is not a compound fracture. I was serene says, then smiles when I repeat the words of Guido and his composure. And my doctor says, "is very true and it also makes sense of humor. While we blocked her to load her to the helicopter, she wanted a free hand to take pictures! Typically British!

Gian screwed with this post 01-05-2011 at 03:09 PM
Gian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 03:04 PM   #861
nazza
Trouble

Oddometer: 2,294
Noooooo Oh thats just terrible.. still hoping someone is wrong!
Old 01-05-2011, 03:07 PM   #862
casiopea
Adventurer

Oddometer: 66
Bluhduh

CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP
THIS REALLY SUCKS!! dont know what else to say, just hope they let her take piglet with her.
crap... really crap, just good she is "ok"
casiopea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 03:09 PM   #863
Brimstone
Super Duper n00b!

Oddometer: 618
That sucks big time... Get well soon Jenny! This rally really mixes people up and spits them out... Yeesh!

Okanagan Valley - KVR Day Trip - First RR!
Brimstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 03:10 PM   #864
max medic
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 174
Cry Jenny Out

Noooooooo!!!
Totaly gutted she was doing so well, wish her a swift recovery hope the surgery goes well!!
I am going to donate on her web page she might need a bit of cash, if not it can go to next years fund!
Max
Old 01-05-2011, 03:10 PM   #865
Katie em
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 181
I have not heard from Jen herself yet - which to my mind means something is wrong. The last text from her today said... 'i'll text you later with the days updates' and she's been sending about 6-8 texts aday so far. So i know something is wrong now..

Also looking at the above report i know they are talking about Jen when they say ‎"While she was loaded into the helicopter she wanted a free hand to take pictures! Typically British!"

Thats jen!

As soon as i get a message from Jen i'll post up on here!
Katie em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 03:11 PM   #866
Hayduke
///SAFETY THIRD///

Oddometer: 43,649
Take care, Jenny.

Hayduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 03:13 PM   #867
doyle
RallyRaidReview-ing

Oddometer: 22,906
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie em View Post
I have not heard from Jen herself yet - which to my mind means something is wrong. The last text from her today said... 'i'll text you later with the days updates' and she's been sending about 6-8 texts aday so far. So i know something is wrong now..

Also looking at the above report i know they are talking about Jen when they say ‎"While she was loaded into the helicopter she wanted a free hand to take pictures! Typically British!"

Thats jen!

Thanks Katie. Make sure to tell her thanks from all of us. Thanks for taking us along for a tremendous ride!

RallyRaidReview - @RallyRaidReview
doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 03:13 PM   #868
pebble35
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie em View Post

Thats jen!

Please pass our thoughts on to Jen - I think everyone out here is sharing the pain with her

Hope the injuries are not too serious and she can make a swift and full recovery.

www.bikersjersey.com for all your KTM parts
A 2,400 KM ride around Egypt by Scooter - ride report here
pebble35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 03:13 PM   #869
Bigger Al
Still a stupid tire guy

Oddometer: 7,843
This is terrible news. Gutted is right.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Jen!!

Steve McQueen

Bigger Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 03:15 PM   #870
garfey
Scruffy Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,219
Oh, wow! Hang in there, Gal, we're all sending good thoughts your way.